Used Cars Rarity

• Thread starter teccboxx
  • 805 comments
Interesting question, i think it does pop up again because i've bought a Mercedes 190E Evolution and since it has come up there again twice.

The L46 Corvette finally showed back up this morning! It was my most-wanted car, and showed up right after I installed the game last Wednesday and had no creds to buy it. Then it went AWOL until today. Annoying, but as someone above said, it was very satisfying when I finally got it. :)

Question, say you buy a Used Car, and then gift it to someone, it's possible that the cars pops up again under Used Cars? Or can't you get that car ever again unless someone else gift it to you?

Yeah - I bought a 1998 BMW M Coupe and the same thing (same color even) was in there a day later.

just bought the nissan skyline r34 gtr nismo R-Tune in red its really beautiful but seems pretty rare havent seen it yet on the forums.

Ive got the AE86 done up for the guy who created Initial D. Has anyone else seen this. I jumped on it as soon as I read the description.

Im kinda miffed!! :grumpy:

I spent a lot on upgrades to a car just to get me past an A Spec race, and once i won it i noticed there was the RUF yellowbird in the used dealership.

Im only at around level 14 or so, and money is kinda tight. So tight in fact that i had to pass up buying the RUF YB :ouch:

Hopefully it comes around again soon.

AA

thats rare, i havent seen it, ive brought the BTR, it looks like YB but its got rocket mufflers coming out :dopey:

I want my CTR2 so bad :nervous:

Interested in making a deal for it? send me a PSN msg if so!

I had one of these for trading too, but I decided to keep it. painted it in the blue of the Maserati and its just too gorgeous to be true.

And its EPIC to drive. My fav car on GT4, prolly the fav one on GT5 too.

just bought the nissan skyline r34 gtr nismo R-Tune in red its really beautiful but seems pretty rare havent seen it yet on the forums.

OMG my dream car, i been waiting since day 1 from the used car lot, i want to paint this in white pearl..or a custom blue, arghh this car hasnt shown up yet :scared:

OMG my dream car, i been waiting since day 1 from the used car lot, i want to paint this in white pearl..or a custom blue, arghh this car hasnt shown up yet :scared:

it sounds really awesome. happy i can add it to my rare car list

nismo GTR R-Tune r34
volkswagen Golf Mk1 GTI
subaru 22B
renault 5 Turbo
peugot 205 turbo 16
s.shigeno sprinter trueno
bmw 2002 turbo

Last edited:
it sounds really awesome. happy i can add it to my rare car list

nismo GTR R-Tune r34
volkswagen Golf Mk1 GTI
subaru 22B
renault 5 Turbo
peugot 205 turbo 16
s.shigeno sprinter trueno
bmw 2002 turbo

can you paint that nismo gtr ?...i really dont like the red..:yuck:

thats rare, i havent seen it, ive brought the BTR, it looks like YB but its got rocket mufflers coming out :dopey:

I want my CTR2 so bad :nervous:

Dude!! Rare??

Like how rare??. It will come back around at somepoint??.

Man i wish i hadnt upgraded a pos and wasted credits now :crazy:

I guess thats how the game rolls................

AA

is lancia stratos rare?
I just bought it for 290k

off course nice buy:sly:

until now i've found:

R34 GTR R-tuned
R34 GTR M-Tuned Nur
22b:):):):)
M3 CSL
RS200
R34 GTR Spec V
Citroen 2CV (before I knew it was a prize car)
Renault 5 Turbo
Sprinter ae86
SS. ae86
Supra RZ
R34 GTR midnight purple
180sx
should forgotten like 5 or less dunno

Already missed the GSRX and the Caterham Fireblade:crazy: which are good B spec cars

i like the way the Used cars are done, makes you feel much more relieved when you see the car you want and have the money, but when its something so ridiculously rare its rather distressing, especially when i saw th Chaparral 2J at around 20mil when i started the game, my favourite race car from GT4 too :nervous:

I've started collecting cars i don't see often or at all other that that one time in my used car lot.

2002 Renault Avantime :P
1965 Shelby GT350R
2003 Honda Odyssey
1978 Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130)
1997 Eagle Talon ESi
2004 Dodge RAM 1500 Laramie Hemi Quad Cab
1972 Honda Life Step Van
2001 Ford Ka
2000 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (S.Shigeno ver.)
1994 Nismo 270R
1999 Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence
2000 Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus
1991 Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II
1962 Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe
2000 Nissan Silvia Varietta (S15)
1998 Lotus Esprit V8GT
1983 Toyota Corolla Levin GT_APEX (AE86)
1987 Buick GNX
2000 Chrysler PT Cruiser
2004 BMW 120d
1970 Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22)
1970 Dodge Charger 440 R/T
1997 Lexus SC 300

I've not seen another one of any of these after i bought them, are they even rare? :P
it's a lot of fun to collect them though! XD

Is the Corvette Gran Sport considered rare?

I grabbed it last night and I have to say, it is a nasty, dirty, dream to drive.

Dude!! Rare??

Like how rare??. It will come back around at somepoint??.

Man i wish i hadnt upgraded a pos and wasted credits now :crazy:

I guess thats how the game rolls................

AA

Ruf are like rare pokemons :guilty: if u see any ruf, just grab it...ive only manage to see 3 Rufs..and 10089890809 skylines lol

i missed out a Lexus IS200 Base race car, it was white with nice liveries, i couldnt afford it back then & under leveled

i missed out :
CTR2
Nismo 400R R33 GTR
RX8 LM race car
NSX R Prototype 01

i really love the used car section, at the same time i hate it because i keep missing my favourties!!! I LOVE is200..
and tons of other nice cars...argh i wish i know when they come back to me

no you cant paint it.
argh..owels I still hope this comes up

Last edited:
Bought a Lamborghini Countach '88 from UCL pretty early. Last night I saw a Mazda Furai Concept... I wanted it SOOO bad... it was $1.4 million. I had $15K.

What abou a GT-R Concept (Tokyo Motor Show 2001) ?

btw. what is the quickest way to refresh the used-cars ?

DON'T!! is a prize car well if you gold a series don't remember which one though
loading tracks is how you refresh them

I'm undecided between a zonda c12 and a saleen s7 that came up at the same time :'( Only have money for one. Any advice?

Also I found a gt-r gran turismo pace car, but the lights don't seem to flash...

Questions for everyone:

It seems that, for any specific model, the color of the used car is always the same on my game... even for cars that aren't limited to one paint option (such as race cars).

For instance, every E46 M3 that I have seen in the used car lot is always Laguna Seca Blue. Every E46 M3 CSL is black. Every 1st Gen Viper GTS is Gunmetal w/ silver stripes. Every Ford GT is blue w/ white stripes. Every MINI (non-classic) is Silk Green. All of these cars are presumably available in other colors, but I've never seen ANYTHING but the above colors in my garage even though I've seen these cars and even purchased them (the E46 M3) multiple times.

So, my questions are:

1. Has anyone else noticed this in their used car lot?
2. If so, are your E46 M3s (or other cars in my list) Laguna Seca Blue every time, too? Or are they black or red or silver (or some other color) every time?

By making each model only show up in one color every time like my M3's for instance, this would obviously encourage the trading of paint chips and cars, so it makes sense to do on PD's part... I just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this.

Ruf are like rare pokemons :guilty: if u see any ruf, just grab it...ive only manage to see 3 Rufs..and 10089890809 skylines lol

i missed out a Lexus IS200 Base race car, it was white with nice liveries, i couldnt afford it back then & under leveled

i missed out :
CTR2
Nismo 400R R33 GTR
RX8 LM race car
NSX R Prototype 01

i really love the used car section, at the same time i hate it because i keep missing my favourties!!! I LOVE is200..
and tons of other nice cars...argh i wish i know when they come back to me

argh..owels I still hope this comes up

I guess i was just focusing on the cars needed to get by the earlier A Spec Races. I thought an RUF early on would be over kill, so ive held of buying one. Now after missing out on the Yellow Bird, i wont be making that mistake again. I will be checking out the UD after every race now.

Man it sucks having to wait for the Yellow Bird to show up again. :nervous: I was this close, but missed it because i used credits upgrading, and when i noticed it in UD i didnt have enough. I will be saving for them all from now on though.

One bitten, twice shy and and all that.

Oh and btw there are 10089890808 and not 10089890809 Skylines :lol: Go count..... you will see :sly:

AA

If you see a Ruf, don't hesitate to buy it until you have them all. They're really too good to pass up.

Ok, bought it. One more question. After I bought it i rebuild the engine for 77k (had 44k miles on) and went for a spin. After 3 rounds of racing I was able the rebuild the engine again for 77k. Is this necessary? Is rebuilding an engine after u bought a used car is usefull anyway?

Back