Used Cars Rarity

• Thread starter teccboxx
  • 805 comments
So, my questions are:

1. Has anyone else noticed this in their used car lot?
2. If so, are your E46 M3s (or other cars in my list) Laguna Seca Blue every time, too? Or are they black or red or silver (or some other color) every time?

Yes. And from Famine's Used Car Database thread in the Q&A section I've noticed that my cars and his cars seem to all be in the same colours, even though our used car rotations start with different lists. My M3s are in Lagunaseca Blau as well.

It's a great shame. Some of the GT4 cars had really interesting colour selections (TVRs, some NSXs etc) and I initially avoided certain cars in the hope I'd get them in a better colour. If everyone were to have the same colours available then it wouldn't even be possible to get the others through trading.

I guess i was just focusing on the cars needed to get by the earlier A Spec Races. I thought an RUF early on would be over kill, so ive held of buying one. Now after missing out on the Yellow Bird, i wont be making that mistake again. I will be checking out the UD after every race now.

Man it sucks having to wait for the Yellow Bird to show up again. :nervous: I was this close, but missed it because i used credits upgrading, and when i noticed it in UD i didnt have enough. I will be saving for them all from now on though.

One bitten, twice shy and and all that.

Oh and btw there are 10089890808 and not 10089890809 Skylines :lol: Go count..... you will see :sly:

AA

you have brought a skyline!!! what model? :dopey:

Ok, bought it. One more question. After I bought it i rebuild the engine for 77k (had 44k miles on) and went for a spin. After 3 rounds of racing I was able the rebuild the engine again for 77k. Is this necessary? Is rebuilding an engine after u bought a used car is usefull anyway?

no only if it has a lot of mileage and you want that last bit of hp

Ok, bought it. One more question. After I bought it i rebuild the engine for 77k (had 44k miles on) and went for a spin. After 3 rounds of racing I was able the rebuild the engine again for 77k. Is this necessary? Is rebuilding an engine after u bought a used car is usefull anyway?

After doing it once, I wouldn't do it again until I notice a significant drop in performance -- then, I'd do the full engine, oil, and chassis refreshes.

Yes. And from Famine's Used Car Database thread in the Q&A section I've noticed that my cars and his cars seem to all be in the same colours, even though our used car rotations start with different lists. My M3s are in Lagunaseca Blau as well.

It's a great shame. Some of the GT4 cars had really interesting colour selections (TVRs, some NSXs etc) and I initially avoided certain cars in the hope I'd get them in a better colour. If everyone were to have the same colours available then it wouldn't even be possible to get the others through trading.

Interesting... I agree that it's somewhat unfortunate to get just one color per model. I also passed on some cars hoping to get different colors. I also jumped on some cars right away because I figured I may never see one in that color again any time soon. One additional problem is that, even though you can GET the other colors by trading, there's no way to know what other colors the used cars are actually available in. Of course, that doesn't matter if you don't mind painting cars random colors, but when possible, I prefer to repaint cars in factory colors. Unfortunately, I don't even know what the other factory colors ARE for many of the cars.

Nope, no Skylines in my Garage. Hasnt been since GT3 and the ones you get for completing races and whatnot i sell. Im not a big fan of them.

AA

hah, i think i just got what your quote meant! ;) lol, how stupid of me:crazy:

its okay everyone have different tastes, i prefer R32 over any other skylines.

I have a '97 McLaren F1 GTR Fina #42 for $3,575,898 sitting in my used car lot with no $$$ to buy it. :(

One additional problem is that, even though you can GET the other colors by trading, there's no way to know what other colors the used cars are actually available in. Of course, that doesn't matter if you don't mind painting cars random colors, but when possible, I prefer to repaint cars in factory colors. Unfortunately, I don't even know what the other factory colors ARE for many of the cars.

I'm right with you there. It's bugging me; I was hoping that over time we'd accumulate some knowledge of what colours different people are seeing on used cars, but if everyone has the same then that won't be possible. I'm almost tempted to dust off the PS2 and see what colours these cars were in first time around, but it's somewhat irrelevant if most of them won't be available on alternative models.

Nissan R89C Race Car in my used car lot at the moment, second time i've seen it there but still way too low on credits as it costs just over 3,4 million credits.

So the Subaru 22b STI its rare? There is one sitting on my used cars list now.. gonna get it then. It does look great indeed. :D

Still looking for that damm SS Trueno and DMC Delorean D:

Nismo GT-R - 739k CR.

STRATOS Rally Car - 4945k CR.

Pikes Peak Quattro - 1497k CR.

Saber Mercedes C9 - 5169k CR.

Impreza Rally Car - 296k CR.

All within reach of eachother in the market. Not that I'm particularly interested in any one of them, just thought it 'twas funny.

Edit: ^To the guy above, I'll give you a DeLorean S2 for a very reasonable price if you'd like.

I'm right with you there. It's bugging me; I was hoping that over time we'd accumulate some knowledge of what colours different people are seeing on used cars, but if everyone has the same then that won't be possible. I'm almost tempted to dust off the PS2 and see what colours these cars were in first time around, but it's somewhat irrelevant if most of them won't be available on alternative models.

Yeah, it will be an incredible undertaking to data mine and figure out which colors are actually available for each model. It's been a while since I've taken statistics, but it may take 50 different people submitting data on EVERYmodel to determine with any kind of certainty which colors are available and not available. You can't just have 10 people or so, because there could be:

1. More than 10 colors available

OR

2. Around 8 colors available (for instance), but it is easily possible that not all of them are represented in a sample size of 10.

Just because my 10 friends don't see Red M3's doesn't mean they don't exist... it just means none of my friends get them... and there's no way via the actual game to prove you have an exhaustive list of color options... at least that I can think of. Again, with enough people contributing data, you could come to a statistically significant conclusion, but it would require a huge contribution from at least 25 people (depends on how many colors is the max possible) or so who would have to keep track of colors for every car they see, or hundreds or thousands of people could post small samples of info.

Point being, we very well may never know all the colors for every car.

I've just bought a Ford RS200 for about 119k, great car for B-Spec to use. I've got 31 cars now, the most powerful is my CTR2 which is fully tuned. I have a race modded TVR Tuscan Speed 6 which has around 570bhp which I'm going to use in the GT World Championship tomorrow. My Honda NSX-R LM Prototype is a great car too, that's got 500+ bhp too. I've got loads of little run arounds that I've won. The Mazda Atenza Touring car is my second to newest purchase and for it's power it's a brilliant car.

So far I have over 50 cars, I'd say like 54. I am not really trying to collect any, most are prizes. I only have one used car, that I had to get from trading (SRT-4).

Have my BTR, CTR and RGT so far, need to get a CTR2 still. Have seen 3 yellowbirds so far, 3 BTRs 1 CTR2 but did not have the money, and roughly 2 RGTs. Sure takes alot of time between, considering having done almost 250 races so far..

I haven't read through the entire 11 pages of this thread but has anyone gotten a 2001 Nissan Skyline GT-R Gran Turismo Pace Car?

I got it for ard 90k cr.

331822417_fc80b392b6.jpg

It's the same pace car from GT4..tuned it up to 650 BHP. Gonna give it a spin!

Got one today for 120k cr.......

Back