Used Cars Rarity

• Thread starter teccboxx
  • 805 comments
Personally i wouldn't worry too much about engine rebuilds and restoring rigidity until someone can finally confirm how that all works. Well done on getting that lambo though, i've only seen the 88 edition and waaay too early on to afford!

I've spent rather too much on collecting cool cars, and none more than about 200k (other than one or two premiums) so can never afford the really expensive stuff, but figure eventually I will have mostly all of the "cheaper" standards i want, then really save! Frustrating though when i see a more expensive car i want so much and run a couple of "cash cow" races to make the money, only for the used car lot to refresh and it vanishes (as happened with the Stratos earlier grr!)

I restored the Engine in my Stealth SLS got it from 599HP to 623HP....but it was 500cr.

Anyone regret not buying a car that showed up? I missed my chance to grab the Nismo 350Z Z-tune, it was 177k, the S-tune popped up for 53k but it did not even sound the same.

Certain cars seem to be pretty rare. I'm sitting at Level 14 and 709k credits and I still haven't been able to purchase a '91 Prelude. As for GT4's rare cars (Black Beauties), I've yet to see one. I'll just keep searching until I find one... or can afford a McLaren F1.

:grumpy:

Keep your eyes open! I bought my 91 Prelude Si at around Level 15 and spec'd it up. Even painted it to look like my old real world one. Won the 90's Japanese cars race with it too.

I love the rare car feature especially since we don't know exactly what is rare or not.

I find I keep buying classic/ rare medium priced cars and so have no money to develop onto supercars for A spec progression.

I have been playing for a while and I haven't roomed through all the pages but I have done about 14 of them.

Heres what I have in order of how I perceve their rarity. (highest first).
1)2004 Ouilium Motors Spirra 4.6 V8 (korean MR v8 formerly named proto spirra) even says in GT5 description “very rare car”, if that means anything! Didn't cost much though.
2)2000 RUF 3400S
3)2000 TRD Celica sports M (zzt231)
4)1973 BMW 2002 turbo
5)2001 Audi RS4
6)2000 Fiat coupe plus
7)2004 Toyota tacoma x-runner
8)1973 Lancia stratos
9)2002 Vitz RS turbo
10)2000 New Bettle 2.0 (I have seen the supposed rarer rsi about 4 times) I have only seen this once

I been looking for 4 days about 6 hours a day.

I know some of my suggestions seems strange as there are more powerful versions which I assumed would be rarer, however I find that it is the mediocre cars which occur less e.g the bettle above in addition to the RS4, I have seen loads of RS6 but few 4's. And don't even get me started on the big 4x4 pick ups (except the f-150) had to wait 3 days just to get just to get the x-runner still haven't seen the dodge.

I have seen the ruf yellowbird 5 times already but my 3400s once and I bought it. Jag xj220, seleen 7, avatime all once. Seen renault 5 turbo and 205 gti quite a bit.

Havent seen a single lambo since contach on day 1 boo!
Anyhow still no sign of the Lotus Carlton, Jaguar XFR ‘10, merc 190E evo II and nissan 280 which is why I started looking (4 days!). Right enough chatting back to the grind.

Anyone regret not buying a car that showed up?

Ruf Yellow Bird popped up last night as well as GT GTR pace car for the second time... was really debating the pace car but my main focus is to level up right now so, only cars I can use for races... though I had to splurge a bit on some vintage Alfas.

I've finally hit a bit of a wall with regards to used cars and A-Spec progression. Cars that I need and can afford aren't appearing (ie. Sport Trucks) while the cars that are appearing I can't afford.

Despite this however I'm still quite enjoying the system and the unpredictable nature of the appearances. Makes it quite rewarding when you pick up a car you really love. I'm still living off the high of picking up a '65 Shelby GT350 early on in the game

I have a Delorean in my used car lot for 517,558 credits.

I also just won a 2008 Gran Turismo Champagne Gold Mazda Furai Concept. I just might have to take it out for a spin!

Last edited:
I want the Lotus Carlton.. It showed up on day 1.. first thing i did was check the used cars and it was right there.. Level 7, 60k something.. Haven't seen it since.

Hey i managed to get a Calton just last night! I was so excited i did eveything to it straight away lol including GTauto restore engine and body! 703BHP 1347Kg absolute monster, loves the ring lol

I do think the used car area is just very random. Although when i have low money there tends to always be more intresting cars which is strange!

racing to get enough credits to buy the car. even leveling so you can get it. i dont mind that at all. is that not how it worked in the games before?

what i do care about is how the used car market works. i've had a honda mini van in there 3 times, but the 76 golf that i want, no where to be found. it's more annoying and a waste of time to have to check the used car dealer all the time.

I love the used car lot. It's very pokemon.

Almost completed my RUF garage, found my long lost friend E190 Evolution, but am still waiting for the renault 5 and peugeot 205

BTW don't bother with buying a countach '74 it's a prize car...

When I first started the game I saw a Mine's Lancer Evo VI, damn, I really wanted that car... 19 levels later I have yet to see another, but I guess that's what the trading thread is for.

I like the randomness, though, it means you keep checking and the excitement of finding something rare or desirable is much more fun than just going to the dealerships. And correct me if I'm wrong but weren't there some cars in GT4 that only showed up in the Used Car sections? Can't imagine why else I spent so much time there.

Any news on the Polyphony Formula car showing up yet?

Aiming for the same myself... that's the only event I haven't completed in a spec, from events which are available to me(a-spec 26 atm).

Been checking like 7-8 times a day on fairly spread out hours for it. 3 days in a row now. Haven't seen it once.

Yeah there was plenty of cars that only showed up in the Used Car section. The vast majority however were quite common plus of course there was a set cycle so you could always know exactly when the car you wanted was going to show.

I like the new system better but it's certainly divided opinion

It would be very convient if PD implemented a reserving of a car you wanted feature. For example: Say I wanted the '76 Golf. They could put a way for me to put a tracker on that vehicle. This would allow me to stop checking the used car lot multiple times. A notification would appear saying that... "Your car is ready for pick up" or "your car has arrived at the used car lot." It would sort of be like reserving a library book. That way people could play without having to worry/think about checking the lot every simulated day. I think this would make the game more enjoyable for many players.

Picked up the AU falcon v8 supercar today $1.2 million, Sounds proper, drives good, looks ok. Pretty rare I think never seen it for sale before.
AutumnRing.jpg

I'm looking for the Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car or the Datsun 510 Bluebird Rally car, I saw it the first day (510) for like $110,000 and after that I havn't seen either of them. 👎 I'd totally trade a car for 'em.

Hey guys,
I have two extra S. Shigeno Truenos. If anyone is interested in trading something equally rare than please add me on PSN. K24Boosted.

I found the NOMAD Diablo in the used cars section yesterday for 750k. I was on day 350 or something like that. Can't quite remember. Anyways, I bought it and it's incredibly fun to drive!

Back