Used Cars Rarity

• Thread starter teccboxx
  • 805 comments
i've got to concentrate on buying cars for events rather then spending credits on just what i like in my garage,

got:

22B impreza
205 turbo 16
foucus RS
Trueno SS

all just sat there haven't driven them. not really into all the super/hyper car craze

damnnnn yoooooouuuuuuu!!!
Seriously, that car looks incredible. Lust lust lust...

I wanted to grouch about this system after a long nap and dream about the "horrors" of GT5. Which fortunately aren't all that horrible. I know, some disagree. ;)

Anyway, if Kaz really wanted something like this, it should have been two tiered. What I mean is, there should be a Used Dealership rather like the GT4 system, but smaller. Call it Yamauchi Motorworks or something. In those, there would be a decent range of cars which would be useful for GT5's events. Rotation would be slower, so you could count on something being available when you needed a certain car.

THEN, there would be something like we have in GT5. Call it an Auto Mart, Shop 'N Swap, Translator-san's Car Deals or something. :D Rather than a piddling 30, it should have more like 60 or 80, and should be a variable number, not fixed. Rotation should be a little random. Cars should appear and disappear on a one to seven day rate. You should find bargains here, like cars partly modified for less than what it would cost you for upgrades. And every once in a while, those rare cars and race cars for a bit less. It would be reeeally niiice if something like this could get patched in.

I'm rather irked with what we have too. I'm either too poor to buy many cars I need, or else they're just not there for way too long.

Last edited:
There was a $20 000 000 Ford GT from the 60's in there today. Never saw the thing in GT4 that I can remember.

I found the old silver metallic Zonda used, but I didn't have the money for it and it disappeared before I could get enough. :(

That said, I absolutely love the seemingly randomness of the Used Cars Shop. It forces me to check it after every few events. GT4 did not cycle that often, it only changed every 14 days or so.

imag0025ka.jpg

I found the old silver metallic Zonda used, but I didn't have the money for it and it disappeared before I could get enough. :(

That said, I absolutely love the seemingly randomness of the Used Cars Shop. It forces me to check it after every few events. GT4 did not cycle that often, it only changed every 14 days or so.
And that was better...

i've got to concentrate on buying cars for events rather then spending credits on just what i like in my garage,

got:

22B impreza
205 turbo 16
foucus RS
Trueno SS

all just sat there haven't driven them. not really into all the super/hyper car craze
+1 for everything you said.

And I'll definitely buy all those cars you listed when I find them...

Ive found one of my GT4 favs in the used lot last night

Evo VIII MR GSR '04 Solid White

for 28k i think, anyone seen this? MR version is just so sexy, love the carbon fibre rear wing, imo its sexier than evo 9 and evo X

HN7
The "day" in game is not equal 24 hours. Every time you see the loading bar, that's 1 day.

Yes i know that, i was just saying i've barely completed te beginner cup and only done a few special events, it doesn't really constitute 135 loading bars/days imo.

why is it in one rotation of the used car lot, out of the 6 new cars that come in i want to buy 4 of them. MNP Skyline, NUR Skyline, Supra RZ and a Mitsi Evo TME. Grrrrr got 5 races to earn me some serious $$$

picked up the Nismo GT-R R tune R34... this car pretty rare?
never seen it before...
looked pretty special so picked it up

also snatched up a 03 M3 CSL.

won the Veyron.

productive night. :)

Just missed a Lamborghini Nomad Diablo 00, had the money but needed 1/10 of a level. Not sure how rare this is though but I just know you cant buy/win any Diablos

Well i love the used car lot. Just being so rare means they're that much more special once you find them. If you have all the cars right there, you'll just buy what you want and 10 seconds later, you'll buy the 2nd one you want.. By that time you will have forgoten about the first.

This way, you go to the car lot, hoping to find what you like. If you dont find it .. ahh too bad, see you next time. But if you do, you will buy that car and holy crap will you be happy to see it. You're gonna enjoy it, love it, take it out for a ride, fix it up, admire it, take a photo of it .. all the things you wouldnt do if you could just buy them all at once.

The used car lot is one of the best things in GT5 for me.

If you dont like the concept, then you just dont understand it. Doesnt mean it's bad.

In case this post got buried, I agree 100%. I'm sure once I get to the point where I need one particular car to come up, it will be annoying. For now I love checking the lot after every race to see what comes up. My problem is buying cars I'm afraid I won't see again for a while instead of what I actually need (MB 190E Evo II, Countach 25th Anniversary, 96 RUF RGT, Purple Cuda 440 Six Pack)

In case this post got buried, I agree 100%. I'm sure once I get to the point where I need one particular car to come up, it will be annoying. For now I love checking the lot after every race to see what comes up. My problem is buying cars I'm afraid I won't see again for a while instead of what I actually need (MB 190E Evo II, Countach 25th Anniversary, 96 RUF RGT, Purple Cuda 440 Six Pack)

Agree...I love the used car lot, im aways in there trying to spot an awesome rare car, and like everyone else I seem to buy the cars I like instead of the ones I need!! :)

I like the rarity of the cars in the Used lot the problem I have is, most of the renderings look horrible. I have seen a few cars come up in the Used lot that I would of easily picked up if they were Premium. If I am going to drop 50,000-600,000+ Cr on a car, that I may never use, I want it to look nice!

I dont remember this one in a GT before but I've just bought a Oullim Motors Spirra 4.6 V8 04.:dunce:

I just got that too! I think it was called the Proto Spirra or something in one of the previous games, but it somehow looked cooler this time (perhaps because it was in black!)

Back