Used Cars Rarity

• Thread starter teccboxx
  • 805 comments
The one problem I have with the used car lot is... There's only so much you can do to advance the days.

Every time you start a race, the system adds 6 used cars to your lot (and drops the 6 oldest). You don't actually have to do the race, though. I've been going into license tests. Picking the first one. Letting it load. Then exiting back to the "choose a test" page. Loading the first test again. Repeat. I normally do it 3 times, then go back to the used lot and look at the 18 new cars.

The worst part is waiting for the race to load each time. If anyone finds a quicker method... post it up!

Spent my hole time in gt5 doing somthing then going back to used car dealerships just in case the soarer or sc300 is there.. God knows how many hours in, no soarer! :( its a cool idea but there should be an option to just pickthe car you want and pay more, and make used cars cheap so you pick up bargins allthe time.. Maby keep rare cars in?

Picked up my favourite car today: Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) '99

Not sure if it's rare or not but in the used car dealership I also found a Corvette Convertible (C1) '54 with 328,248km mileage O_o

as did i, but didn't buy it :/

anyways, you wanted the 205 Turbo?
what'd ya have to trade for it?
got a Volvo 240 by any chance? :P

Already got the 205 Turbo from another GTPer. I saw the Volvo 240 once too :P

They should give you an option to 'flag' certain cars when they appear. Like 3 cars at a time, you set up cars you are searching for, then when they finally do hit the Used Dealership you know about it - via a message or what not.

It would almost warrant a rough used car price guide so you know how much you are going to need to save for your flagged cars as well.

It would be simple to implement but make the Used Cars a lot more useful.

Just a thought.

I'm waiting on a Stratos appearing at some point, I hope it doesn't show up yet though as I only have about 12,000 Cr.

I'm waiting on a Stratos appearing at some point, I hope it doesn't show up yet though as I only have about 12,000 Cr.

I've made a second career primarily to watch the used car rotation - partly trying to work out if it's random or if it will repeat patterns I've seen in my main save and partly to try to grab any cars I might have inadvertantly missed. The road Stratos has showed up early in that game (after 7 events). You'll need to save up a bit more - with 42555km on the clock it was 295209cr.

I've made a second career primarily to watch the used car rotation - partly trying to work out if it's random or if it will repeat patterns I've seen in my main save and partly to try to grab any cars I might have inadvertantly missed. The road Stratos has showed up early in that game (after 7 events). You'll need to save up a bit more - with 42555km on the clock it was 295209cr.

I really hope I haven't missed it for good! I had better do some saving then, at this rate I will never get around to buying any premium cars.

Thanks for the info 👍

Perhaps someone here should start a "classifieds" thread? Seems like a good idea for people selling odd cars they found or looking for specific cars. Since there are a lot of cars you need for cups that you can't buy, (really PD?) you gotta look for 'em in the used cars. I do enjoy the hunt for stuff in used cars, but I wish we could get easier access to cars we need. Anyways, I'm happy because I found myself an RGT the other day.

How i change the cars in the used car list fastest:
Go into license test - take the first b test - don't start the test, simply push next license - continue pushing next license until you reach number 5 - exit to "my home".

And there you go.
There should now be 30 new cars in the used car list. Please tell if anyone finds a faster way to do this though

This method requires that you've actually completed the tests before.

It seems kinda random atm, but don't know for sure

Edit: But its quite a decent method to use anyway. The last half hour i've come across many,many cars such as a rs6, delorean, vw beetle(original model), sprinter truene ae86, lots of supra's, several m3's, gt40 race car's etc

Last edited:
Is it a strict rotation like GT4? Or is it random?

If it is random, then I will be forced to break my vow to not complain about GT5.

I suspect it's too early to say just how close to random it is. Certainly my second save is showing cars I haven't yet seen in my main save, but it could be the same sequence starting from a different point. At the moment I suspect it's sufficiently random that we won't be able to count on recurring sequences to buy cars we've missed or predict when we'll see them.

I've been lucky to find 2 cars in exactly the color I wanted (white F150 Lightning and yellow Ford GT no-stripe). Since you can't paint standard cars I've passed on a few like the the 69 Camaro cause I didn't like the color.

I still haven't seen a 97 Supra SZ-R. :nervous: When I find one I'm buying it no matter what color it is.

Back