Used Cars Rarity

• Thread starter teccboxx
  • 805 comments
While I understand - though disagree with - your frustration, there's a better method involving license tests already posted in this thread.

I have all the bronze and all the silver prize cars for b, a, 1c, and 1b, and there are at least 3 or 4 races in beginner that I don't have cars for. All gold on "b", btw.

You are suggesting I need an all gold license prize car from a, 1c or 1b, or I need a a level 12 (1a or S) license prize car just to finish the beginner races?

Anyone know if there are rare used cars that come available on certain days like in GT3?

I've already seen two RM Lambo's and three DTM cars that I've sever seen before. They range between 2.260.000 to 3.000.000 credits.

I didn't read through the whole thread to see if this has been posted yet, but maybe we can all post what day we're on and what cars are available and eventually see if it goes in a rotation pattern like in GT4 or if it's actually random this time? Not likely random, I know, but in any event it would be nice knowing exactly when certain cars become available. Compile all of our findings in one big list in either the first post here or start a new thread for it. Anyone else up for it?

For instance, I'm on day 26 right now:

Day 26
Blitz ER34 D1 Spec '04
Chevrolet SSR '03
Chrysler PT Cruiser '00
Citroen Xantia 3.0i V6 Exclusive '00
Fiat 500 F '65
Ford RS200 '84
Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '99
Honda S2000 '01
Hyundai Tuscani '01
Jay Leno Tank Car
Lotus Elan S1 '62
Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS (NB) '98
Mazda RX-7 efini Type R-S (FD) '95
Mazda RX-7 Type RS (FD, J) '96
MGF '97
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 Turbo (J) '98
Nissan Cube X '98
Nissan Skyline GTS25 Type S (R32) '91
Renault Megane 2.0 IDE Coupe '00
Scion xA '03
Shelby Series One Super Charged '03
Subaru Impreza WRX STi spec C '04
Toyota bB 1.5Z X Version '00
Toyota Celica SS-II (ST202) '97
Toyota Soarer 430SCV '01
Vauxhall Vectra 3.2 V6 '03
Volvo 240 GLT Estate '88

I was going to include the price, mileage, and level, but I'm too lazy.

Yea... nay?

Edit: Okay, I'm confused. It's still saying day 26 at the top of the screen, but the car list has scrolled down. The top three rows from that last list are now at the bottom, and I'm getting more. Anyone understand how this system works?

Edit: ... and going into 27, nothing is changed. I'm thoroughly confused. What's showing for everyone else right now? Maybe the system is integrated with a real-world clock via the internet?

Last edited:
How much cash do you earn in the toughest races? Because i think that the cars... like the Ford GT40 (the old one) ... seems unattainable. It costs 20 million...

We should be able to mark cars for the dealer to hold for us. Maybe put a week time limit on it.

I'm sad about missing a few cars when I didn't quite have the credits, and if you go make credits to buy the car, it's gone when you get back.

I haven't read through the entire 11 pages of this thread but has anyone gotten a 2001 Nissan Skyline GT-R Gran Turismo Pace Car?

I got it for ard 90k cr.

331822417_fc80b392b6.jpg

It's the same pace car from GT4..tuned it up to 650 BHP. Gonna give it a spin!

I haven't read through the entire 11 pages of this thread but has anyone gotten a 2001 Nissan Skyline GT-R Gran Turismo Pace Car?

I got it for ard 90k cr.

331822417_fc80b392b6.jpg

It's the same pace car from GT4..tuned it up to 650 BHP. Gonna give it a spin!

I found it also but was 10k short of being able to buy it -_-.

I currently have a Beige Metallic 240 GLT Estate sat in my used car lot. Let me know if you still need it - I'm going to bed now so it'll still be there in the morning.

i still want it, you want that 205 Turbo then perhaps?
also got a Levin AE86
Renault 5 Turbo.
1962 Mazda female name 360, a little RR car with maybe 20hp that looks like a Ford Anglia :P

any of those peak your interest?

I've got:

White Ford SVT Lightning
Green Camaro SS '00

Looking for:

Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86 Shuichi Shigeno Version) '00
Subaru IMPREZA Coupe 22B-STi Version '98

PSN is AtomicMS3

i still want it, you want that 205 Turbo then perhaps?
also got a Levin AE86
Renault 5 Turbo.
1962 Mazda female name 360, a little RR car with maybe 20hp that looks like a Ford Anglia :P

any of those peak your interest?

I'll buy it as soon as this update downloads then! The 205 Turbo is something I'm looking for, but as the Volvo only costs just over 10k it doesn't seem like a fair swap to me!

If there's something else you're looking for (other than the Honda City Turbo, since I want that one too!) then maybe we can find a Volvo+something swap for the 205 that won't make me feel like I'm ripping you off :)

Is your psn id the same as your username here? PM me on here if it's different and I'll send a friend request as soon as I can.

I have not seen a Honda City Turbo yet, i want that car bad. I also haven't seen any Supra Turbos, 91 or 97 .......

I've got a Toyota Supra 2.5GT Twin Turbo R '90 in the lot right now, I could sell some stuff and get it to you. I quit the game, watched Top Gear while transferring some Wangan Midnight files, and now I went to start the game back up and it's downloading an update... very slowly.

Man it's hard finding eligible cars for the last few cups in the Beginner Series..

Yesterday I finally found an Alfa from 1965, cost me almost 100.000 and only needed to do 2 races with it :nervous:

Now I need 2 new cars again for the last 2 cups, and I've only got 140.000 left.. guess I need to do some special events to make soms money.

i've been thinking this. iv looked at the official list on the GT5 website and there are a lot of cars that are listed that are not available from dealerships e.g. the list states there is a Ford RS200 in the game but its not in the Ford dealership. the only thing i can think is that you have to drop on lucky in the used car dealership. also, the subaru 22b is not in the dealership!

I don't know if somebody has answered this yet, but I saw a standard Ford RS200 in the used dealer one time. I didn't have enough money to buy it, though, which is a shame.

I really like the idea of the used dealers. It's great to have variety. If you actually need a car you go to the dealership. I think I read somewhere that you're supposed to be able to finish the entire game using just premium cars.

However, if you want to go for the true GT experience, you'll try to collect and maybe race cars that interest you in unique ways. It's like going through a small classic cars catalog and seeing the fascinating rare finds, or walking through a car show and seeing things you didn't expect. I say well done for doing something different, PD.

Also, I just realized that this randomized process of obtaining cars makes great fun for trading them using the gifting feature. If you could just buy whatever you wanted, trading would be pointless; you could just save up. Very wise, Yamauchi.

It doesn't seem like the used lot stays where you left it when you turn the game off. That Supra was almost off the list so I went ahead and bought it. 21.5k credits. La Bounti, if you wanted it, here it is. I haven't explored much of this game yet, so I don't know if you can exchange credits for cars with friends or if gifting is the only option.

I see an '85 Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 in the lot right now... I'm near broke and it costs 59,798 :(

I saw a standard Ford RS200 in the used dealer one time. I didn't have enough money to buy it, though, which is a shame.

I had a similar experience when the road legal stratos popped up. did some races to get enough money, by which point it was gone. I did buy the road legal RS200 when i saw it though, i was so happy i had enough money to do so. I'm a big group-B fan :-P

I've got a Toyota Supra 2.5GT Twin Turbo R '90 in the lot right now, I could sell some stuff and get it to you. I quit the game, watched Top Gear while transferring some Wangan Midnight files, and now I went to start the game back up and it's downloading an update... very slowly.

Really? Wow. I've only found a few non turbo Supras. I really want the the City Turbo more than anything. You dont have to sell stuff for but thanks.

It doesn't seem like the used lot stays where you left it when you turn the game off. That Supra was almost off the list so I went ahead and bought it. 21.5k credits. La Bounti, if you wanted it, here it is. I haven't explored much of this game yet, so I don't know if you can exchange credits for cars with friends or if gifting is the only option.

I see an '85 Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 in the lot right now... I'm near broke and it costs 59,798 :(

You can add me: User name "LaBounti" I have over $600k if there is something you want let me know.

Back