Used Cars Rarity

• Thread starter teccboxx
  • 805 comments
Am i the only one who is sorry about this system?
Wouldn't it have been better for everybody if we could just buy all the cars at the dealers?

(-:

I was going to ask if anyone had seen a veyron on the used car list and how much it was but i've just seen it for myself.

An all black example with 0 miles on the clock, yours for 2 million credits!!!

I think i'll just wait to unlock it then.......

This. I've been waiting for a truck to come around for a while now. Not happening. I want to finish the amateur section! :ouch:

If you can't find a truck in used. i saw a list of the prize cars that says if you get all Bronze on Licence I-A you win the Dodge Ram

I once had two identical cars, same price, same colour and the roughly same mileage i think.

Perhaps an indication that it is truly random?

Since you can't paint standard cars I've passed on a few like the the 69 Camaro cause I didn't like the color.

You can paint standard cars - it's about the only bit of customization you can do on them. You can't paint their wheels though.

just seen a red one, about 47k i think it was

I've seen a red one today too..

And just after, 2 E46 M3s appeared, the GTR (expensive as hell, 300k) and the regular M3 (67k, bought mine, Laguna seca blau)

I'm loving this system... feels really fun and tricky to find some cool cars :D

Just found the Delorean, and its 517,558 credits. :scared:

Thank you! I was wondering how much it was.

*Sets aside $520,000*

I wish Polyphony had a sense of humor and there was a "Mr. Fusion" conversion is race modifications. MAYBE THERE IS? Who has the Delorean? :)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i sooooooo wanted to know if the Delorean was there!!! yessssssss!!!!!

I like the system. Being able to buy any car at any time would ruin it for me, in a way it mirrors real life as you never know what you are going to get at a used car lot.

However maybe the system could benefit from having a 'Wish List' on which you could specify if you were looking for a particular car and then when it popped up in the used car list you receive some kind of message to alert you to it being there

I think the used car dealer is a cool idea. However when you need certain cars to complete races, having to sift through the used car dealership over and over again gets old quick.

And lets also take into account how long it takes to cycle 30 new cars, and how many times you have to do that to get the car you want, and by the way, CARS YOU NEED IN ORDER TO PROGRESS.

So, your ability to progress has been reduced to pure LUCK, and your ability tolerate the process of getting a vehicle of the type you NEED TO PROGRESS, which can only be found at the used car dealer:

1 Check the dealership
2 Close the dealership
3 open A-Spec
4 open a race
5 *wait for track to load*
6 close the race
7 open the race
8 *wait for track to load*
9 close the race
10 open the race
11 *wait for track to load*
12 close the race
13 open the race
14 *wait for track to load*
15 close the race
16 open the race
17 *wait for track to load*
18 close the race
19 exit
20 go to My Home
21 open the dealershi
22 check for the car
23 If car is not available yet, repeat steps 2 through 22 until it is.

Already, this is unacceptable, but there are two factors which make it even worse:

A) Random means random. The fact that your car did not appear after going through the process 'X' number of times, DOES NOT increase the probability that it will appear the next time. The odds are the same every time.

B) With a player base numbering in the millions, you can be sure there will be a certain percentage who never get the car they want or need.

If I want a Jaguar XJ-220 in Madiera Metallic, the odds are 800:1/30 x Number of colors. In other words, -very- long odds against getting the car, every time I change 30 cars. Every time.

Unacceptable. In fact, I am not recommending this game to anyone I know until this, and the game-save/export issue is fixed.

Alpine A310 1600VE ‘73

Saw one of these in the Amateur French race. I must have it. Has anyone seen a price? I had to put some tires on my Berlinette to beat it :)

What we really need is to develop a list of cars that are needed to complete events but are only available in the Used Car lot. Could save a lot of people plenty of time as you might see a car that will be needed later on that you can buy then instead of waiting until you absolutely need it and having to sift through starting/ending races

I have finished several of the competitions and the next one says you must have a pre-1979 Japanese car.
I went through all the used cars, and even checked the new cars at the dealerships for Japanese makers.
Nothing!
:confused:

So what am I supposed to do now?
Does anyone know where I can find one of these cars?

I hope there are some really awesome "Black" cars again.

...Though, not "Black" this time, because of the "Stealth" pack that was given out. Some sort of obviously-rare thing. Unpainted maybe?

I don't think there are such a special black cars as in GT4 but I have bought:

Honda S500 '63 and the colour name is Smoke Black...

And lets also take into account how long it takes to cycle 30 new cars, and how many times you have to do that to get the car you want, and by the way, CARS YOU NEED IN ORDER TO PROGRESS.

While I understand - though disagree with - your frustration, there's a better method involving license tests already posted in this thread.

Alpine A310 1600VE ‘73

Saw one of these in the Amateur French race. I must have it. Has anyone seen a price? I had to put some tires on my Berlinette to beat it :)

The one I picked up was 23691cr, with 56420km on the clock. Still haven't seen the A110 though...

While I understand - though disagree with - your frustration, there's a better method involving license tests already posted in this thread.

I have all the bronze and all the silver prize cars for b, a, 1c, and 1b, and there are at least 3 or 4 races in beginner that I don't have cars for. All gold on "b", btw.

You are suggesting I need an all gold license prize car from a, 1c or 1b, or I need a a level 12 (1a or S) license prize car just to finish the beginner races?

Just picked up the RUF CTR YELLOW BIRD '87 in the used car lot. I haven't seen many RUF's in there so I figured I'd grab this one while it was available. It is one fun car to drive. It lays rubber like no tomorrow though. I'm just now at level 15.

as did i, but didn't buy it :/

anyways, you wanted the 205 Turbo?
what'd ya have to trade for it?
got a Volvo 240 by any chance? :P

I currently have a Beige Metallic 240 GLT Estate sat in my used car lot. Let me know if you still need it - I'm going to bed now so it'll still be there in the morning.

Last edited:

The one I picked up was 23691cr, with 56420km on the clock. Still haven't seen the A110 though...

Fantastic! I'll have the cash when I see it. Thanks, Khaddar!

Just picked up the RUF CTR YELLOW BIRD '87 in the used car lot. I haven't seen many RUF's in there so I figured I'd grab this one while it was available. It is one fun car to drive. It lays rubber like no tomorrow though. I'm just now at level 15.

How much was it?

Back