VCRC *Jaguar E-TYPE Coupe ‘61 @ Monte Carlo* **congrats to dsgerbc!!**

• After testing this car with these tires on this track, you may think 1 lap of warm-up is not enough! :lol:
  • I think anything following the post-tunnel chicane at the bottom of the hill is not a good place to "start the excitement"
  • I think the beginning of the S/F straight OR the tunnel entrance are good places. 👍

Here is my car, in Verde Boreale...

jagetypecoupeVerdeBoreales.jpg

Jackargent, Does this meet with your colour approval? ;)

I'm in!

GTP Name- TomBrady
PSN ID- HugoStiglitz_420
Color- British Racing Green (I think)

How many drivers are you having on the grid?
Are sports hards a defo?

More the better good test Gedi?:sly: I'd vote for more grip not that ive tried the Jaguar yet but this track, busy grid, sports hards = CHAOS!:eek::lol:

johnboy1112
More the better good test Gedi?:sly: I'd vote for more grip not that ive tried the Jaguar yet but this track, busy grid, sports hards = CHAOS!:eek::lol:

Lol that's my thinking

How many drivers are you having on the grid?
Are sports hards a defo?

We'll have 16 on the grid if we get enough interest.:crazy:

& as we are driving the cars "stock" that means we generally use the cars with the tyres they come with ...which is sports hard.

Think yourself lucky. Most of the VCRC races are on comfort tyres!

Sorry oh great one we are mere vintage virgins we know no better.:bowdown:
Guess we'll hang out at the back Gedi will race ya for last bud.!👍

johnboy1112
Sorry oh great one we are mere vintage virgins we know no better.:bowdown:
Guess we'll hang out at the back Gedi will race ya for last bud.!👍

I look forward to it 👍

I too think cold hard tires are quite the challenge on Monte Carlo. Honestly, I think a warm-up lap will do wonders.
That said, yes, the car comes with sports hard, and 8 times out of 10 the tires the car comes with do seem to be appropriate (when unmodified).
And I think it'll bring the most interesting results in regards to the length of the race... which is neither endurance length, nor a sprint... it's something in between. :)

I've set the laps for the race @ 20 laps.
I believe that will make for a race that's roughly 40 minutes, but not exceeding that.

watermelonpunch
I too think cold hard tires are quite the challenge on Monte Carlo. Honestly, I think a warm-up lap will do wonders.
That said, yes, the car comes with sports hard, and 8 times out of 10 the tires the car comes with do seem to be appropriate (when unmodified).
And I think it'll bring the most interesting results in regards to the length of the race... which is neither endurance length, nor a sprint... it's something in between. :)

I believe that will make for a race that's roughly 40 minutes, but not exceeding that.

I'm happy with the tyres I'm not trying to change things.
Will you be having any practice runs before the race starts?💡

I think it is a good idea.
Another question is whether a complete warm-up lap is needed. We could perhaps do a test, but there are two other possible starting points: at tunnel entrance; at chicane (after tunnel) exit.

A test race would be fun, I'd sign up for that.

I was not aware of the specific cold tyre problem on that car (didn't have time to test this week).

Given all the "parameters" I think a rolling start, on 1 row, after 1 (nearly complete) warming-up lap, with real start at the exit of the last corner before S/F straight is a good idea.

I'm totally down for a test run...
I haven't actually tested beyond 6 laps at a stretch. But definitely the 1st lap, perhaps even the 2nd, is a tad slippy. Most specifically in the tight braking areas such as the switch back hairpins & the chicane.
I'm sure someone who could push it a bit more could probably warm up the tires faster than me. One hopes though that means they'd wear them out more quickly as well!! :sly:

watermelonpunch
I'm totally down for a test run...
I haven't actually tested beyond 6 laps at a stretch. But definitely the 1st lap, perhaps even the 2nd, is a tad slippy. Most specifically in the tight braking areas such as the switch back hairpins & the chicane.
I'm sure someone who could push it a bit more could probably warm up the tires faster than me. One hopes though that means they'd wear them out more quickly as well!! :sly:

Ive just been on and done a few laps, after the 1st lap my rears were up to temp but the fronts were still cold but the car felt ok on the 2nd lap.
Best I could do over 10laps was a 2.04.998 don't know how far off the pace I am:scared:
Has anyone else got any times?

I'm in!

GTP Name- TomBrady
PSN ID- HugoStiglitz_420
Color- British Racing Green (I think)

I gotta cancel :guilty:

Forgot I have to go to my family's house for easter. I HATE MY FAMILY!!!! (joking)

I'll have to join in next time :nervous:

Could some one please clarify "no tune". Is it to say that the vehicle has no no mods purchased: has mods purchased but the specific tune area is set to default setting: has mods applied but haven't been tuned for the specific event that the cars is to be entered(haha I know the answer to this part of the question). In addition , is brake bias preference considered a tune? I ask because many of the designated cars in upcoming events in my garage have irreversable engine mods applied. thanks.

luvtadrive
Could some one please clarify "no tune". Is it to say that the vehicle has no no mods purchased: has mods purchased but the specific tune area is set to default setting: has mods applied but haven't been tuned for the specific event that the cars is to be entered(haha I know the answer to this part of the question). In addition , is brake bias preference considered a tune? I ask because many of the designated cars in upcoming events in my garage have irreversable engine mods applied. thanks.

Best u find a new 1 then!

You'll find the best definition here.

All you can do to the cars is oil change, engine rebuild & chassis refresh. You can also change wheels & paint your car in tasteless colours (not that I would dream of doing that!) You can adjust brake balance. Many mods can be undone but not weight reduction or the 3 stage engine upgrades.

But never fear if you need a car for any event I & several others can supply as long as the car is tradable.

On my GT5 wishlist is the option to paint our cars in custom racing liveries. If that will be an improvement over applying tasteless colours to vintage classics is to be seen though. But it sure would be fun.

How far am I off the pace with my 2.04.998??

Ive just had a quick 10 minutes to see what im letting myself in for!:scared: Cars actually alot of fun drifting an E Type isnt something you get to do everyday, anyway low/mid 2.00 flats so far:) Although for me whoever keeps the thing in a straight line will more likely prevail not necessarily the quickest.:nervous:

johnboy1112
Ive just had a quick 10 minutes to see what im letting myself in for!:scared: Cars actually alot of fun drifting an E Type isnt something you get to do everyday, anyway low/mid 2.00 flats so far:) Although for me whoever keeps the thing in a straight line will more likely prevail not necessarily the quickest.:nervous:

2.00 mins :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: I'm doomed I thought my time was ok :ouch:

I got 278bhp on mine is that right??

Last edited:
Back