VCRC *Jaguar E-TYPE Coupe ‘61 @ Monte Carlo* **congrats to dsgerbc!!**

As a proud member of the "Jack Argent Fan Club" i would like to make the numbers up please:tup: Whats this i read need a low mileage E Type to compete do i.:nervous:

johnboy1112
Whats this i read need a low mileage E Type to compete do i.:nervous:

I know a guy, that knows a guy, that sponsors another series here on GTPlanet that has various E-Types in 0/0/0. 8)

I'm up for getting my E Type all polished up and racing, the car needs a good run it's been sitting I'm my garage for the last 20yrs collecting dust.

Sign me up plz.

Gik69/gedi69~~ colour TBC

Last edited:
I'm up for getting my E Type all polished up and racing, the car needs a good run it's been sitting I'm my garage for the last 20yrs collecting dust.

Sign me up plz.

Nice one partner.:lol:

Mills no drama if you want to save a send ive used one of those restoration ticket things on my 200,000 miler will let Bob run it in now.:dopey:

Last edited:
ahoy there - good to have you aboard JB & Gik.

Watermelon - my apologies for inviting these maniacs on board! this thread will never be the same again:crazy:👍:guilty:

Watermelon - my apologies for inviting these maniacs on board! this thread will never be the same again:crazy:👍:guilty:

:) Gik69/Gedi69/Tomato Red E Type

:D I notice Gedi's gone tomato and theres a watermelon fella knocking about can i claim cucumber green please fanx.:P

Oh! I don't even like tomatoes... But Tomato Red is one of my favourite paint chip colours!! I believe it comes on the Be-1. :)
Cucumber?

Oh! I don't even like tomatoes... But Tomato Red is one of my favourite paint chip colours!! I believe it comes on the Be-1. :)
Cucumber?

Yes Cucumber Green please:). Its matte green but didnt sound as impressive as the tomato number.:guilty:

Great to see the grid filling up :)

Just a bit concerned about 10+ cars hurtling into turn 1 all together:nervous:

What do folk think about no overtaking until maybe the start of the start/finish straight? Seems to make sense to me.

jackargent

What do folk think about no overtaking until maybe the start of the start/finish straight? Seems to make sense to me.

Plus that would let the tyres warm up

Yes, this is an excellent idea after doing some practice laps in the Practice 1-make on cold sports hard tires. :eek: BUmper boats!!! LOL
Definitely warmer tires will be a boon to me!

So what should be the warm-up lap speed limit? Suggestions?
The lead car would set the pace, and all would follow IN GRID ORDER through til the last turn/chicane before the S/F straight.

We wouldn't want it too slow, but also not too fast so that all the cars can stay close without bumping too much. 👍

watermelonpunch
Yes, this is an excellent idea after doing some practice laps in the Practice 1-make on cold sports hard tires. :eek: BUmper boats!!! LOL
Definitely warmer tires will be a boon to me!

So what should be the warm-up lap speed limit? Suggestions?
The lead car would set the pace, and all would follow IN GRID ORDER through til the last turn/chicane before the S/F straight.

We wouldn't want it too slow, but also not too fast so that all the cars can stay close without bumping too much. 👍

Yep I agree 1 warm up lap and the last turn being go go go.
But then again when the last car gets out of last turn wouldn't the leader be way ahead by that time?💡

Yes, I thought about that for a moment... However, it'll be the S/F straight where drafting would possibly take place.
And as long as the speed limit through warm-up lap was slow enough to allow everyone to stay in single file together close, I don't think it would adversely effect the behind cars in a worse fashion than an obstructive pile up in front of them at the 1st 2 turns would. :eek:

Indeed, I think this could HELP the backmarkers more... Because while the fastest racers can recover from an early race pile up... the poor slower among us (like me) could have their entire race ruined by having a pile-up thrust upon them early in the race.

watermelonpunch
Yes, I thought about that for a moment... However, it'll be the S/F straight where drafting would possibly take place.
And as long as the speed limit through warm-up lap was slow enough to allow everyone to stay in single file together close, I don't think it would adversely effect the behind cars in a worse fashion than an obstructive pile up in front of them at the 1st 2 turns would. :eek:

I'm cool with that.
I had a little go in the jag earlier and god that car feels so unstable,guess I better get some practice in.

This sounds fun so count me in KeirS123/keirS123.

By the way i am Jackargents son but dont worry im much better than him. :)

OOOOH! A father-son throw down! :D :lol:

And no, this car is not perhaps the easiest handling vintage car in the game. lol But it's quite lovely looking, and should be quite fun. :)

This sounds fun so count me in KeirS123/keirS123.

By the way i am Jackargents son but dont worry im much better than him. :)

I taught him everything I know(didn't take long!) - now if that doesn't scare you then nothing will.:nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

I think it is a good idea.
Another question is whether a complete warm-up lap is needed. We could perhaps do a test, but there are two other possible starting points: at tunnel entrance; at chicane (after tunnel) exit.

Back