VCRC (Vintage Car Race Club) in AC.

• Thread starter CC570
  • 211 comments
The best way to alter the grip, is to alter the grip of the track, try old track, it will make a big difference. Playing with the tyres is not a good idea, changing one parameter alters all the others and you will end up with a mess.

This.

Lately I have been running all of the GT3 cars with Track set to "Slow" and Ambient Temp @ "10c". That's done the trick for me to provide a good amount of less grip..........and helping me learn the physics of AC.👍

I don't think the AI are effected by gear ratios. I was on Solitude and on the long straight I top out at 150 mph, but most of the AI blow right passed me. All but the Opel. That's with them set at 98% I can probably lower that to slow them down a bit. I also figured out whats wrong with the mirrors. Most of the cars have the mirrors backwards, right on the left and vise versa. It is also that way in some of the rearview mirrors, which is pretty distracting, but the virtual mirror seems fine.

I also figured out whats wrong with the mirrors. Most of the cars have the mirrors backwards, right on the left and vise versa. It is also that way in some of the rearview mirrors, which is pretty distracting, but the virtual mirror seems fine.

That's odd. I've never noticed any issues like this with my mirrors. Do you notice tis in all cars or just certain ones?

I cant say its all of them, I know the one car only has a passenger mirror so there isn't one to really compare it with. All the cars with 3 mirrors are that way though.

Oh, you mean in the vintage car mod?

Just a tip, I'm pretty sure @CC570 won't use illegally ripped content so I wouldn't hold out much hope for these cars being used in any VCRC races.

Hey guys, just got back home last night. Tried the Jaguar, it seems ok. Will upload it onto the server then reset it. Right now my laptop is choking on windows updates but I should have it reset this morning. I am thinking of running the jag @ Donington national. Will update thread once i have it set.

I don't think the AI are effected by gear ratios. I was on Solitude and on the long straight I top out at 150 mph, but most of the AI blow right passed me. All but the Opel. That's with them set at 98% I can probably lower that to slow them down a bit. I also figured out whats wrong with the mirrors. Most of the cars have the mirrors backwards, right on the left and vise versa. It is also that way in some of the rearview mirrors, which is pretty distracting, but the virtual mirror seems fine.

I have noticed that using a lower strength % for AI does not slow them down so much in the straights, it seems to alter mostly the way they negotiate the turns. to Alter the speed of the AI of a particular car, you need to alter the AI file in data folder, but I never done it, so not sure what setting slows them down in the straights, if any.
In my case, the AI is always has either faster top speed or equal top speed than me, But in a lot of cars theiy are (slightly) faster than me in top speed. In other word I can never catch them or get closer in straight lines, when driving the exact same car, which I like a lot, it feels right, it is exactly like that, for me, in multiplayer.
@CC570 a good alternative car to race would also be the Miura, great mod and squeaky clean.;)

Last edited:
I went to download the Lambo mod but it said it had become part of the official AC. Is there some way to update the game to get it?

Now that the Trans Am situation is understood, it will no longer be residing on my hard drive. I also got rid of the giant Jag. Hopefully, the club will be racing the s/c and competition Cobras, the L49 and possibly the Lambo or 787B (1990 is kind of vintage -- especially at Le Mans).

See you after the Jag race(s).

I have noticed that using a lower strength % for AI does not slow them down so much in the straights, it seems to alter mostly the way they negotiate the turns. to Alter the speed of the AI of a particular car, you need to alter the AI file in data folder, but I never done it, so not sure what setting slows them down in the straights, if any.
In my case, the AI is always has either faster top speed or equal top speed than me, But in a lot of cars theiy are (slightly) faster than me in top speed. In other word I can never catch them or get closer in straight lines, when driving the exact same car, which I like a lot, it feels right, it is exactly like that, for me, in multiplayer.
@CC570 a good alternative car to race would also be the Miura, great mod and squeaky clean.;)
Yeah I don't think I will be altering any files as I am barely capable of getting the mods installed. :lol:

Now that the Trans Am situation is understood, it will no longer be residing on my hard drive. I also got rid of the giant Jag.

I believe the Jag is a legit mod. I'm fairly fond of it, the FFB is slightly off but still pretty good. It probably has the most beautiful dashboard of any race car too. :embarrassed:

I went to download the Lambo mod but it said it had become part of the official AC. Is there some way to update the game to get it?

Now that the Trans Am situation is understood, it will no longer be residing on my hard drive. I also got rid of the giant Jag. Hopefully, the club will be racing the s/c and competition Cobras, the L49 and possibly the Lambo or 787B (1990 is kind of vintage -- especially at Le Mans).

See you after the Jag race(s).
Latest version. I found the FFB quite strong on my G27 with my usual settings and it was clipping quite badly. Just adjusted it down from the usual 90-100, to down around 65 to avoid clipping.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lamborghini-miura-p400sv.4316/update?update=7195

Yeah I don't think I will be altering any files as I am barely capable of getting the mods installed. :lol:

Understood and really not required, but to me it is one of the thing I love about add on and PC SIM, the possibilities are almost endless to tailor your SIM experience to your very particular taste. Not a big fan anymore of console SIM or to PC SIM that are not modifiable.

a good alternative car to race would also be the Miura, great mod and squeaky clean.;)

Haven't retried that car yet, but it was one on my list of spiteful cars that I have left alone since trying when it first came out. However, along with that I had a couple of other classics like this one here. It is on Steam so I presume the puritanical will feel ok about using it. (Well I am tired of people inferring I am a thief!:ouch:

This is a great car but needs a bit of time to warm up and come alive. As I've been experimenting with the Drivers Eyes view and have discovered new confidence in the driving position, I took it around the 'schliefe' for a few laps. The first lap it still managed to kick me off the track, but then after that I managed some clean laps and pushed harder and then really hard and absolutely loved it. There is another thing I've noticed with the 'view change'. Stretching the view out with +55 values and above not only makes the curves appear less severe, it also completely loses any real sense of elevation changes. I was shocked at some points on the 'Green Hell' where I came over a rise and had to sit up higher an peer over that dash to try to see the road and the up/down sense is just so much more present than before.

Anyway on that Simreview site, there are several classic cars that may be of interest, another is the Maserrati 300S which I also tried around the Nordeschliefe and so thoroughly enjoyed in a similar fashion to the Aston.:gtpflag:

I presume the puritanical will feel ok about using it. (Well I am tired of people inferring I am a thief!:ouch:

I never intended to label you or anyone else in this group a thief as you did not rip the car. However, I do consider the people who illegally rip content from other games for use in AC as thieves and I personally choose not to support that activity. I could care less what others do with that stolen content, my opinions/rules only apply to me and I'm not judging you for using that content. I prefer to encourage quality, legit mods and the people who build/convert them (and they're usually much higher quality mods anyway).

Please guy's, I am with Brandon on that subject, no one here, is judging anyone and we all respect each other ( different ) choices. It is up to CC570 to decide what he runs or does not run on his server.
So my point is no oil on the fire, no debate ( here) and let's race some vintage together.:gtpflag:

Haven't retried that car yet, but it was one on my list of spiteful cars that I have left alone since trying when it first came out. However, along with that I had a couple of other classics like this one here. It is on Steam so I presume the puritanical will feel ok about using it. (Well I am tired of people inferring I am a thief!:ouch:
I haven't seen anyone here implying you're a thief and thinking it's wrong to use others work without their permission is just being honest -- not 'puritanical'.

The Aston and Maserati look intersting. I'll have to check them out. Thanks!

I, personally, would enjoy racing this one.

Only thing about this one, it is better to lock the wheel since the driver animation does not work, not a problem for me since I drive without the wheel and driver animation. Also use a much narrower FOV.:sly:

Last edited:
About the Vintage Mod a hotfix change has been released, one of the item interestingly enough in light of our previous conversation relates to final gear ratio changeable in set up.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/471y147ac5gngnw/ac_vintage_mod_HOTfixV1.0.rar

changelog:

fixed ride heights:
corvette
firebird
AAR Cuda

Brake pressure changes:
all cars

Collider change height:
Corvette
Camaro

driver eye position:
firebird

final gear ratio changeable in set up:
all cars

About the Vintage Mod a hotfix change has been released, one of the item interestingly enough in light of our previous conversation relates to final gear ratio changeable in set up.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/471y147ac5gngnw/ac_vintage_mod_HOTfixV1.0.rar

changelog:

fixed ride heights:
corvette
firebird
AAR Cuda

Brake pressure changes:
all cars

Collider change height:
Corvette
Camaro

driver eye position:
firebird

final gear ratio changeable in set up:
all cars
Well that was a learning experience. ;) Had no clue what I was doing and just deleted all the car files. :banghead: Unzipped the hotfix files and knew I screwed that up. Got the cars reinstalled and still had no clue for a few what the hell to do with the new hotfix files. After some clever :sly: detective work on my part I figured it out. Havent really tried them yet though, but the gears are now adjustable. Also last night I seen that if you have driving aids set to factory the cars have abs active. I had to turn it off in main menu to get it turned off. :cheers:

Well that was a learning experience. ;) Had no clue what I was doing and just deleted all the car files. :banghead: Unzipped the hotfix files and knew I screwed that up. Got the cars reinstalled and still had no clue for a few what the hell to do with the new hotfix files. After some clever :sly: detective work on my part I figured it out. Havent really tried them yet though, but the gears are now adjustable. Also last night I seen that if you have driving aids set to factory the cars have abs active. I had to turn it off in main menu to get it turned off. :cheers:

Weird that they left it on, it can be turned off in the data folder, now that you know what it is ;)
in the electronic .ini file turn ABS off by replacing a 0 by a 1 or vice and versa,
it looks like this:
[ABS]
SLIP_RATIO_LIMIT=0.10 ; Slipratio limit before ABS engages
CURVE= ; Slipratio lookup table with different slipratio limits, in order to define ABS levels if present. Leave blank for a single level given by above line. ctrl+A to toggle
PRESENT=1 ; 1 if present in car, 0 if not present (ABS always work if ABS assist is activated from realism menu UI)
ACTIVE=1 ; 1 will make the car start with ABS active (if present), 0 will make the car start with ABS inactive (even if present). ctrl+A to toggle
RATE_HZ=100 ; ABS pulse frequency. It's better to insert the actual ABS pumps refresh rate, than the ECU and sensors frequency

Sometime you need to complete the work off the modder to get the real deal.:cheers:

Last edited:
Has anyone tried this weeks combo? I really like the track with these cars. My lap times are close with both cars, albeit the BMW is on Semi-slicks and the Ford on street 90's. Anyone else have thoughts? I was going to do a 30 lap race on Sunday @ 2:30 EST.

Has anyone tried this weeks combo? I really like the track with these cars. My lap times are close with both cars, albeit the BMW is on Semi-slicks and the Ford on street 90's. Anyone else have thoughts? I was going to do a 30 lap race on Sunday @ 2:30 EST.
It's alright combo not as enjoyable as the others. However I probably won't be able to race this weekend.

Back