Vehicle of The Day

• Thread starter Dagger311
  • 592 comments

What should the future of this thread be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
9/13/14: 2014 Dodge Viper GTS-R, nominated by @The Stig Farmer.
Dodge-Vipers-Watkins-Glen.jpg

Here is quite a bit of information on it. I'm in a hurry, and saw no need to copy it all down. This vehicle is back on the list on 10/13/14.

That Viper is a badass car. I love that livery and it is awesome to see Vipers racing again, makes me a happy man.

Are you asking about the grille, or the cars? The grilles are sorta kinda similar, but the cars are two entirely different machines.
Yeah I meant the grille and front look, I think they look quite similar but very different sizes though.

By the way guys, yesterday, everyone was allowed to nominate. Everyone including me forgot to though. Be sure to PM me before this Sunday for this weeks' nominations.

9/15/14: 1965 Impala SS 454, nominated by me, @Dagger311.
chevrolet-00419-1.jpg

Engine:

Chevy 454 CI big block V8, rated at 390 horsepower, couldn't find a reliable torque number.

Drivetrain:

4 speed manual.
FR layout.

This vehicle will return to the list on 10/14/15.

I didn't know about this car before, looks good though. You learn something new every day, and that's what's great about this thread 👍

Yes I have but not this model, I didn't recognise this one.
Oh, okay. This is my favorite Impala of all time. It also happens to be the first year the 454 was offered in it.

Not fact, but I personally have a feeling it had something to do with the success of the Pontiac GTO (muscle car, of course), so Chevy decided they wanted a muscle car version of their Impala.

@Dagger311 Do you mean that the GTO Was inspired by the impala ??
No, I mean the 454 hitting the Impala was inspired by the GTO.

GTO comes out, and is a huge success.
This prompts Chevy to stick a huge engine in the Impala, turning it into a Muscle car, like the Chevelle.

The GTO was around, but the Lemans was the sports/performance coupe model, that many people claim to be the start of full muscle cars.

I use GTO for all variants, I'm weird that way :P.

Back