Vintage Sports Mixer - * Congrats Audiman2011 & LongbowX *

My colours will be... (I'm a sucker for original colours on the cars, so I tend to just choose the one I like best of the ones that the car comes with in GT5)

Triumph: Delft (that's a kind of blue)
Alfa Spider: Rosso Farina
Alfa Giulia: Bluette
Mazda Cosmo: Chamonix White
Datsun Fairlady: Uh, some kind of red

My times so far:

Lemons, Spider, 1:29.067
Rome, Spitfire, 1:41.645
Mount TopMore, Cosmo, 1:21.156
Mount TopMore, Spider, 1:20.337
Nurb/D, Fairlady, 1:58.889

Hopefully I'll find some time to run some other combos soon.

Okay we're all caught up on the car gifting waiting list now.
If anyone manages to find they don't have a tuning-prohibited model, let us know asap.
And if anyone's hedging on joining in because they don't have cars, well now is the time to speak up & sign up & make car requests. :)
👍

~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ snowgt Factory colours! 👍:)
(I always hope someone will keep factory colours.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mine will be (in no particular order) white, white, white, white and white.

:lol::D:):lol: ha ha

Okay so I have ya penciled in for Wednesday.

NOTE: Anyone can join either day or mix & match if your schedule allows. There are provisions for late joins & sometimes-racers. 👍

Once you've been in one event, I will have you down as a slight possibility in the sign-up list, simply so that if you do find you can make the next one, you will know your car assignment.
(Car assignment for the first race of the next event will be determined by your finishing position in the last race of the previous event.)

The sign-up is basically to let others know if their pals are involved, assign cars, and for me to have a head count, so I know who we're probably expecting when event time arrives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, we could use more drivers in the Family Feuds... :D

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=279837

avantimevibead700.jpg

So jump on into that if you're interested. 👍

I picked up a couple of Fairladies in the UCD today, in case anyone else wants to join and needs one...

:( The whole thing broke Dano?
This is the 2nd report of someone I know saying they have to send their PS3 away. :(
The other person has a bad disc reader. :grumpy:

I'm still looking for a cosmo if anyone has an extra one. I do have one but it has weight reduction on it, so I can't use it.

:( The whole thing broke Dano?
This is the 2nd report of someone I know saying they have to send their PS3 away. :(
The other person has a bad disc reader. :grumpy:

Oh, I had that problem, too. The optical drive broke a while ago on my first PS3. And since that one had become so loud in the meantime anyway, I got a new one, but fortunately was able to transfer all accounts and game-saves to the new one via network-cable.

Come to think of it, I've bought 1 PS2, 2 PS3's and 3 steering wheels just because of Gran Turismo. Sony will be delighted to hear. :boggled:

And since my pedals have been acting strange lately, you can probably add another steering wheel and the PS4 to that (whenever a GT-game comes out on it)...

ohmy.gif
People use the PS3 for other things besides gt5? :boggled:

:lol:

Anyway, I think ylod problem might be worse than a bad optical reader.
Though neither seems to be anything anyone would want happening!
(Can't play gt5 without disk :boggled:)

I keep making copies of my game save to my usb thingy because everybody keeps scaring me with tales of losing game saves or ps3 problems. :nervous:

Bad luck Dano :(

Ran the Slippery Swine Cosmo a bit this morning, some more lap times for the board:

Tsukuba, Cosmo, 1:14.660
Trial Mountain, Cosmo, 1:55.205
Grand Valley East/Reverse, Cosmo, 1:26.808

ok I have all of these cars now. Thanks peeps. If you want them back after the series let me know.

I'm gonna run some laps for the leaderboard :)

Edit: My brother is hogging up the PS3. Will do it later though.

@doodlemonoply: You should stop writing in blue + bold, it's VERY aggressive for my eyes :P

Sorry about that. :lol: :( What do you think would be better besides the normal text?

@ doodle... looking forward to your lap times :nervous: when your brother releases his death grip from the ps3. ;)

RE: post colours.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

This interchange made me laugh. ;) :lol: ha ha

And might I recommend the Royal Blue option instead? It's a tad easier on the eyes compared to regular Blue.
Not that I find the regular blue as off-putting as Litchi seems to. :odd:
Just don't use what Toranado or whatever his name is does... I can barely read anything he writes at all & usually skip his posts altogether because it's just too hard to read. :boggled: Better to make the print bigger. Not HUGE, but you know, don't go smaller, that's for sure. :ill:

RE Garamond chic italic... :rolleyes:

I confess I really like Garamond Size 3 Italic. So...chic ;)

How's this?
Or this?
Or this?
Or this?
:P

Ran some laps on Grand Valley East Reverse and got these times so far after 5 laps in each car:

Fairlady 2000: 1:22.748
Spitfire: 1:31.126

Gonna try the other cars now.

Also melon, how would you feel if I used the Mazda 110S rather than the Cosmo Sport? In the car description, it says that the Cosmo was sold as the 110S outside of Japan so it's the same exact car.

Last edited:
@ doodle

I really like the Royal Blue. :lol:

But seriously... The specs on the Cosmo 68 vs. the 110 68 are identical.
However for the 67s... they appear not to be equal. :boggled: I can't say I've ever tested them against each other. I can only tell you that I believe the Cosmo 67 might have more hp and higher torque.
Maybe someone who has evaluated them against each other can pipe in with this. ??

And hold on here... Litchi pops in to moan about text colour...
but I do not see Litchi in the sign-up list. :odd:
Why is it that Litchi is not signed up?? :confused:

Maybe I shall start typing everything like this. LOL ha ha ha ha

And hold on here... Litchi pops in to moan about text colour...
but I do not see Litchi in the sign-up list. :odd:
Why is it that Litchi is not signed up?? :confused:

Maybe I shall start typing everything like this. LOL ha ha ha ha
Coz I can't, my dear, i just can't. I play poker on wednesdays and i'm often out of home with my friends on saturdays evenings...

Last edited:
That's a shame, would have like Litchi's company.

And it seems that (according to myGranTurismo anyway) that the Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67 has more horsepower than the 110S (L10A) '67. For some reason. But I don't know if that is accurate.

I've also decided on the colours:

Cosmo: Alpine Green Metallic
Fairlady: Rabiararot (medium red metallic) (Dark) British Racing Green Too many red ones!
Spitfire: Riverside Gold Metallic
Spider: Rosso Proteo Metallizato (medium red metallic)
Giulia: Polarized Blue (kind of borderline on this one, it might will change. :lol: To Sparkling Graphite Metallic)

EDIT: Also, kind of peeved doodle beat my time with the Spitfire. Granted I did fewer laps, but still. Grr.

EDIT II: Colourchangingness.

Last edited:
And it seems that (according to myGranTurismo anyway) that the Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67 has more horsepower than the 110S (L10A) '67. For some reason. But I don't know if that is accurate.

Yes, I believe I confirmed this in my garage at some point. Might be good to check again though. Someone who has both cars in fully broken in condition & low mileage with oil change.
Anyone?

As silly as this might sound... I shouldn't like to handicap doodle. :odd: I mean unfairly handicap him. It would also ruin the potential of learning from this for any future racing in this manner. Like to have things tightly controlled for data purposes. :lol: :odd: Maintaining order & that sort of thing. ;)

Also, I keep forgetting to thank everyone who have been sending me pink & green paint chips that I asked about. 👍 Very good of everyone to send me them. :) I'm very happy with all my favourite paint chips in multiples available. 👍
:bowdown:

EDIT: Also, kind of peeved doodle beat my time with the Spitfire. Granted I did fewer laps, but still. Grr.

If I look at both your times, I can't help but feel I missed something about that car. So what's the fifth secret there?

PS: Ok, I think a) my car is not run in, and b) the Spitfire is the first I ran the laps on on GVE/R. I guess I didn't have the hang of it yet. I hope. :scared:

I quite like GVE/Rev. It's one of my favourite tracks. I think the key is just getting to the limit of adhesion in the first corner. I pretty much nailed it, with the back end just gentling sliding along giving it a great arch through it. It's a slightly tricky car, because you don't want to slow down too much for anything as it takes so long to get that speed back. :lol:

I also changed the colours of 2 cars. Sorry for my indecisiveness. It is not contagious. (Fairlady: (Dark) British Racing Green, Giulia: Sparkling Graphite)

Back