Vintage Sports Mixer - * Congrats Audiman2011 & LongbowX *

I added hp/pp info on the cars in the OP. So you can check your cars against mine. (I'm fairly sure all of mine are the most they can be. And I'll need that. :lol:)

Also added in the OP, Lap Times.
This is at the bottom of the OP, below the custom track maps.
I've been recording my test lap times. And figured it would be interesting if people wanted to add to that. Obviously mine are probably not the fastest they could be. :odd: :nervous: But it should help to give people an idea of what we're looking at between the cars/tracks. So I encourage anyone to report any lap times so I can get them up there.
Will probably also help people who might be reluctant to join because they think they're too slow or too fast. :odd: Because obviously a lot here is going to come down to luck of who gets what car on what track, and how that goes.

Spider 66 sent to coreyb today. 👍

Sorry I was moving a friend all day. I'll add jack and see what cars were sent to me on sunday morning. Thanks.

From testing session yesterday:)

20130406151106_20130405vinmixtarnish01.jpg

20130406151138_20130405vinmixtarnish02.jpg

20130406151201_20130405vinmixtarnish05.jpg

Did some testing on Rome, Lemons Country and GVE. You can copy&paste into OP, if you like...

Reported Hot Lap Times Leaderboards:

Rome (2.16 miles)
1:45.305 - Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 - watermelonpunch
1:42.3 - Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 - snowgt
Lemons Country Circuit (Toscana tarmac) (1.9 miles)
1:28.095 - Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - watermelonpunch
1:34.5 - Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 - snowgt
1:29.1 - Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66 - snowgt
1:29.4 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63 - snowgt
1:27.9 - Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67 - snowgt
1:26.1 - Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - snowgt
Grand Valley East / Reverse (1.86 miles)
1:27.104 - Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - watermelonpunch
1:33.4 - Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 - snowgt
1:27.4 - Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66 - snowgt
1:27.2 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63 - snowgt
1:26.2 - Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67 - snowgt
1:23.2 - Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - snowgt
Tsukuba Circuit (1.27 miles)
1:14.249 - Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - watermelonpunch
Trial Mountain Circuit (2.47 miles)
1:54.923 - Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - watermelonpunch
Eiger Nordwand Short Track - Weather (1.51 miles)
1:26.833 - Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - watermelonpunch
Lagunitas Kei (Toscana tarmac) (3.06 miles)
2:39.129 - Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - watermelonpunch
2:42.525 - Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67 - watermelonpunch
2:48.947 - Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 - watermelonpunch
Laguna Seca Mazda Raceway (2.24 miles)
1:58.192 - Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - watermelonpunch
Deep Forest Raceway (2.24 miles)
1:40.732 - Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - watermelonpunch
Mount TopMore (Mt. Aso tarmac) (1.70 miles)
1:19.523 - Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - watermelonpunch
London (1.19 miles)
1:10.960 - Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - watermelonpunch
Nürburgring GP/D (2.26 miles)
2:01.866 - Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - watermelonpunch
Autumn Ring (1.83 miles)
Tarnished Toaster Road (Toscana tarmac) (2.16 miles)
RMC Toscana (Toscana tarmac) (6.05 miles)

👍 Thanks. Very good!
I'm going to test out more cars. I quickly did the Fairlady on most of them so I could have some ballpark idea to set the laps. I want to have a go on all the tracks in the Cosmo & Spitfire particularly because I'm not so good at driving the Cosmo, and I am hopeful :odd: that I'll wind up in the Spitfire at some point and should be ready. :nervous: :lol:

Okay, hopefully this will be the final revised list addressing all the potential concerns.
Such as switcheroos if there's even numbers of cars & participants like the Mini event.
So I've offset the cars at either end. While always making sure there's a couple of Spitfires, and usually a couple Fairladys. (Fairladies? lol:sly:)
vintagesportmixupcaos001x900.jpg

20130406151241_20130405vinmixtsuk00.jpg

Car colours:)

Triumph Spitfire Topaz, Alfa Romeo Spider Blu Muntercarlo, Alfa Romeo Giulia Russo Alfa, Mazda Cosmo Sport Honey Yellow, Nissan Fairlady Red:cool:

Hi! I've been keeping an eye on this for a bit. I actually did some testing (about 3 laps each) at GVE/Rev. I sort of felt that the Spitfire is a bit too...slow? I managed a 1:31.8, in which my Spider was 1:27.1, and Fairlady 1:22.4 (although the Fairlady is also massively quick and I feel like it could be substituted with something else also). I sort of think a better substitute would be the Bluebird 1600 (510) '69, in which I managed to do a 1:30.2. Otherwise I think the Spitfire a bit too punishing for those quick drivers (and I must say, the 510 feels great to drive).

Last edited:
All my cars shall be:
aurora flare blue pearl/atomic orange metallic tintcoat :)

Oh, & my Fairlady, which has only done 43 miles is 148 bhp/382pp

LongbowX: I'm going to add your times to the leaderboard if that's good.:)
(BTW: My times were taken from 3 timed laps testing - mostly to set the laps.)

Example:
Grand Valley East / Reverse
1:27.104 - Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - watermelonpunch
1:27.1xx - Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66 - LongbowX

Need I say more?

Why is anyone worried about "punishing" fast drivers? :lol:
From what I've seen they can handle the extra challenge. :sly:
OMG DOODLE :bowdown:

Sorry but that word came up before in another thread. Punishing. :lol: :boggled: hee hee Do you guys have to use that word?? ha ha ha

In testing, Doodle seemed to do pretty well with the Spitfire.
Granted, if I get it, I'm going to be in trouble. :scared:
But then, I will probably NOT be getting it very often. :indiff: I'm not too proud to admit that. :guilty:

At any rate, I would consider the Spitfire to be no more relatively slow than some of the slow cars you can wind up assigned in Shuffle Racing. It's not as bad as getting the Storia or the Mini Marcos :ill: in a shuffle race. It's more like getting the WiLL :dopey:. Which yeah, is going to make it tough. But the point is that it will make it very difficult for the same people to podium race after race. And from our testing, it looks like they will still be having very close racing - just further back in the grid.
If we can get 10 drivers involved, with 10 cars on track - there will always be 3 people in Spitfires, for example. ^^ :D
Even if we only have 7 cars on track. 2 of them will be Spitfires, and only one will be a Fairlady - given to the person who came in LAST place in the last race. Why not give them a little boon after bringing up the rear? :)

So I almost forgot what we did in the Luxury Mixer... The pig points!
Well that's what we called the #1 assigned car in the Luxury Mixer... which was the Brera Pig Window - which was a total pig. But some people did well in it! :boggled:

So we'll have Spitfire Hot List
This will be a leaderboard separate from series points, where we have rankings for points per race raitio in the Spitfire.
👍 👍
So basically you will have an extra competition level when you get the Spitfire. It will not be just about getting as many points as you can in the slower car... but getting as many points you can in the slower car compared to everyone else who gets the slower car at some point.

John Wells & I practice race at Mount TopMore:

20130406165542_20130406vinmixtopmore08.jpg

@ jackargent - thank you - specs on Fairlady updated in the OP.
I guess my Fairlady you sent me is not broken in... I ran it through a race and it didn't gain HP, but maybe it wasn't enough miles to start the breaking in process. I'll have to take a look at that again.

Last edited:
LongbowX: I'm going to add your times to the leaderboard if that's good.:)
(BTW: My times were taken from 3 timed laps testing - mostly to set the laps.)

Of course, that's fine. I did pretty much the same thing.

Why is anyone worried about "punishing" fast drivers? :lol:
From what I've seen they can handle the extra challenge. :sly:

While it is true, this is my concern with the Spitfire: is that you end up with a see-saw effect. Where because the Spitfire is so slow, the person ends up in last, or close to it after winning the last race. Then they end up in the Fairlady again and blow everyone away - then they go back to the Spitfire - never an intermediate between the two. So it makes sense to put those people into a slower car, but not an impossible to mix it up car - as then they might end up in the 3 cars in the middle instead of constantly bouncing back and forth between the fastest and slowest cars.

At any rate, I would consider the Spitfire to be no more relatively slow than some of the slow cars you can wind up assigned in Shuffle Racing. It's not as bad as getting the Storia or the Mini Marcos :ill: in a shuffle race. It's more like getting the WiLL :dopey:. Which yeah, is going to make it tough.

Well, shuffle racing is hardly fair, I'm not sure that it's the greatest model to use, haha. The WiLL is slow, but I don't think it's as relatively slow as the Spitfire is in this group (you just have to rev the WiLL...a lot).

I also like the idea of the Spitfire Hot List, it's a good one! 👍

RE: The switcheroo sea-saw effect.
Yes, I see this potential. This is the problem we ran into with the Minis, with an even number of participants. It's why I've now set up the Car Assignment List so there is never an equal number of car assignments at the top & bottom now, no matter how many drivers participate in any given race.

The issue I see with taking the Spitfire out of it, and going with another more comparable car as the slowest car is this... We came up against this in the Vintage Mixer last year. It turned out that the fast drivers won in the slowest car over & over anyway. Because the slowest car just wasn't slow enough. :lol:
Which is why we went with the Brera Pig Window for the Luxury Mixer. At first a fast driver helping me test lap times was like "it's a pig!!" Then after test RACING with others, and especially after winning race after race in the Vintage Mixer's slowest car... he changed his tune and was rah rah the pig - and said definitely the winners must be put in a ridiculously slow car. :lol:

And by far, I think what most people want in a racing format like this is... not so much to give slower drivers a ridiculous advantage... but mainly to give faster drivers more challenge, a chance to be "in the pack" and not dominating (cause many find that a bit boring)... and most of all, make it so the podium of every race is not predictable every time.
I see in shuffle racing (which I love by the way)... People seem to have the most fun when the ratio in relation to the room's participants keep the racing very close and so that different people are winning each race, and it's not just the same drivers in front, and the rest of the grid sparse by lap 2.

In our testing, it seemed to me that we will probably be keeping more of the cars together for more of the races than we would with the same drivers in a spec race.

Yes, I am concerned about drivers winding up coming in mid-grid a lot. However, from the testing session I think it's quite probable that when the fastest drivers wind up in the Spitfire, the mid-grid people will have a chance to win & take podium positions away from slower drivers in the faster cars.
Yes, of course this means they too will wind up in the Spitfire for the very next race. But I think most people will find it a small price to pay for doing well once in awhile.

Yes, sometimes a slow driver will wind up in the slowest car. And that will be a real bummer for me if it happens. :lol:
But if I can win a race with doodle on track. Hey! I'll take the bad with the good! :lol::sly:

So
Faster drivers will get more challenge and will find it nearly impossible to podium every race.
Slower drivers will get the opportunity of getting into a better car and have a better shot at podium or at least placing well & having a closer racing experience after placing poorly in the preceding race.
Mid-gridders will get the opportunity to battle for podium positions on a regular basis.

I think that's about all we can hope for here. I don't expect any format to make me a consistent champion when Doodle is around. :lol: But I really like racing with Doodle! He's cool! And he likes these kinds of cars just like I do. I just want us to be able to race together & have good battles, despite the fact that I am not, and will never be, as good as him, because well, I can't turn back the clock 25 years for one thing. :indiff: :lol:

And by the way... when I get the WiLL in shuffle... I'm usually SOOOOO lonely out behind. :(:( :lol:
When I get the Mini Marcos or Storia... I may as well just park for a minute, get lapped and pretend I'm racing the lappers. :lol: :rolleyes:
(I got lapped in a 7 lap shuffle race yesterday on Autumn Ring Mini. :ill:)

EDIT:
PS to Doodlemonoply... sorry for picking on you as an example. But you're just really fast! :D

Last edited:
RE: The switcheroo sea-saw effect.
Yes, I see this potential. This is the problem we ran into with the Minis, with an even number of participants. It's why I've now set up the Car Assignment List so there is never an equal number of car assignments at the top & bottom now, no matter how many drivers participate in any given race.
I did notice that, and thought it was indeed a good idea that the assignments are uneven. It certainly does help.
The issue I see with taking the Spitfire out of it, and going with another more comparable car as the slowest car is this... We came up against this in the Vintage Mixer last year. It turned out that the fast drivers won in the slowest car over & over anyway. Because the slowest car just wasn't slow enough. :lol:
Well, I would hardly say that the Bluebird is blitzing fast (it has 95hp), it's still nigh 3+ seconds off the midfield (not to mention it's hard to hit over 100mph as it's only has 4 gears). I just think the Spitfire is silly slow in this grouping, haha. I can understand the instinct, especially since the Luxury Mixer had that happen. I just think it's gone too slow, too far in the other direction.
And by far, I think what most people want in a racing format like this is... not so much to give slower drivers a ridiculous advantage... but mainly to give faster drivers more challenge, a chance to be "in the pack" and not dominating (cause many find that a bit boring)... and most of all, make it so the podium of every race is not predictable every time.
Dominating is boring, I agree. I would like the pack to be a least somewhat balanced. A challenge is fine, I don't know if this is too much of a challenge for most though. An unpredictable podium is a good thing though.
I see in shuffle racing (which I love by the way)... People seem to have the most fun when the ratio in relation to the room's participants keep the racing very close and so that different people are winning each race, and it's not just the same drivers in front, and the rest of the grid sparse by lap 2.
I find that shuffle racing works better with people of similar skill level and low ratio (if none at all). And I love shuffle racing as well, it's pretty much all I do.
Faster drivers will get more challenge and will find it nearly impossible to podium every race.
Slower drivers will get the opportunity of getting into a better car and have a better shot at podium or at least placing well & having a closer racing experience after placing poorly in the preceding race.
Mid-gridders will get the opportunity to battle for podium positions on a regular basis.
This is true, but I think that it still doesn't address the 'quick' people ending up in the Spitfire and Fairlady in a large group and never in the middle cars, which would be more entertaining. I don't know, this was only my thought. You seem to have a good handle on this though. I'm sure it's always a work in progress anyway. I will pop in Wednesday, probably. Although...I don't have a stock Giula Sprint :guilty: I will have to win it on another account I guess.
And by the way... when I get the WiLL in shuffle... I'm usually SOOOOO lonely out behind. :(:( :lol:
When I get the Mini Marcos or Storia... I may as well just park for a minute, get lapped and pretend I'm racing the lappers. :lol: :rolleyes:

The WiLL can be made to dance, all is not lost! Although with the Mini Marcos....yes it pretty much is.

*walls of text*

Last edited:
So guys how about this option. It looks like were going to have 5 cars and 5 races at 5 tracks, so why not let the drivers pick the car they want to use for each track, but they can't use the same car twice during those 5 races? That seems like the easiest solution to me.

So guys how about this option. It looks like were going to have 5 cars and 5 races at 5 tracks, so why not let the drivers pick the car they want to use for each track, but they can't use the same car twice during those 5 races? That seems like the easiest solution to me.

That is a good idea it seems quite fair aswell

It also seems much less confusing to me anyway. What I have been reading is really confusing and that's how some of us never got a chance to win in the mini's, because we were stuck in slow cars.

I find that shuffle racing works better with people of similar skill level and low ratio (if none at all). And I love shuffle racing as well, it's pretty much all I do.

:lol: :boggled: ALL racing would be more fun if everyone in the race had similar skill level, and the racing was very close in spec races.
But that's just not the case.
To get a full grid of people evenly matched who want to race the same types of cars in the same types of races at the same time schedule ... is nearly impossible. Completely impossible. :lol:

A lot of shuffle rooms you'll find the same people winning race after race, or always at the top. People generally don't stick around long. Well, only a few winners seem to stick with it because they're obviously enjoying winning or being up front a lot.
But the rest of the room is usually filled with frustrated drivers divebombing to try to be competitive with them. :rolleyes: Try racing at the back of the grid sometime in one of those ratio 0 rooms. It's often a bloody mess back there. :ill:

The WiLL can be made to dance, all is not lost!
This is what illustrates my point all too well.
NO, NOT EVERYONE can make the WiLL perform.
Many people NEVER will make the WiLL perform. :odd:

Plenty of venues for fast racers to find uber-competitive racing with those of their own top notch skill level. This forum is full of that.
There's also plenty of racing to be found for people who want casual racing with popular cars as well.
I'm not worried about placating anyone's desire to win a lot. Nor am I concerned with anyone who finds it beneath them or too hard on their ego, to come in last in a race sometimes. After all, in every race, SOMEONE has to finish last. :odd: Not like you can avoid that. :lol:

I'm more concerned about providing people a way to race the cars they like, in close, clean, racing with other people who like the same kinds of cars.

Append:

Picking cars will just turn it into a spec race, with anyone who doesn't know which cars are best on which tracks, being left at a disadvantage. Kind of defeats the purpose of the luck aspect of it. Which i think is part of what will make it interesting.

I don't think we really want to limit the participation to 5 drivers or some arbitrary number?

There are plenty of racing options if you want to choose your cars. I highly recommend SNAIL Performance Cap Racing: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=273868 👍 👍

There are not so many venues for people to drive low power vintage sports cars with equal drivers who also like these cars.

The Mini Coopers event was an experiment. And I said at the time, the fatal flaw was the even number of participants using a car assignment list that had even assignments of cars. Which is why some people never got to drive all the cars. I had fun in 3 out of 5 races, with 2 races being kind of boring. My suspicion is that most people probably had a similar experience. I think the odds will be better with this format.

Fact is, that in any race SOMEBODY is going to have to come in last. There's NOTHING I can do about that. The best we can do is hope that it's not the same person who has to come in last all the time. :indiff: I think this format can actually help with that. 👍

Yes, there probably will be one or more drivers who won't get to use all of the cars, certainly not equally, throughout the 15 races. But the point of this series is NOT to give people the chance to drive every car. If that was the point, I would've set up a series of spec races where each race, everyone is in the same car. We've done that before, we may have events like that again, but that's not what this event is about.

Hope that clears everything up. 👍

Last edited:
ALL racing would be more fun if everyone in the race had similar skill level, and the racing was very close in spec races.
But that's just not the case.
To get a full grid of people evenly matched who want to race the same types of cars in the same types of races at the same time schedule ... is nearly impossible. Completely impossible.
I think my point was that it works only because of the skill level - not because of the car selection - because the car selection in shuffle is pretty much a crapshoot. I do want to try to find something that works for everyone - not so that one person wins over and over.
A lot of shuffle rooms you'll find the same people winning race after race, or always at the top. People generally don't stick around long. Well, only a few winners seem to stick with it because they're obviously enjoying winning or being up front a lot.
But the rest of the room is usually filled with frustrated drivers divebombing to try to be competitive with them. Try racing at the back of the grid sometime in one of those ratio 0 rooms. It's often a bloody mess back there.
I don't know, as I iterated earlier, my experiences have not been so negative in shuffle rooms. Although I did say it was similar skill level, that is not always the case. And yet I don't find the drop off to be so sudden, at least not usually. And you're right, it can be messy...that is true. I'm all for making it fair, that's all. I simply want to try and prevent a strong see-saw effect. I will certainly give it a try as it is though. :)
This is what illustrates my point all too well.
NO, NOT EVERYONE can make the WiLL perform.
Many people NEVER will make the WiLL perform.
Plenty of venues for fast racers to find uber-competitive racing with those of their own top notch skill level. This forum is full of that.
There's also plenty of racing to be found for people who want casual racing with popular cars as well.
I'm not worried about placating anyone's desire to win a lot. Nor am I concerned with anyone who finds it beneath them or too hard on their ego, to come in last in a race sometimes. After all, in every race, SOMEONE has to finish last. Not like you can avoid that.
I'm more concerned about providing people a way to race the cars they like, in close, clean, racing with other people who like the same kinds of cars.
Well, you also have to be lucky with the WiLL. It is difficult with the super-redline screaming at you. I don't necessarily desire that kind of uber-competitive racing as you have to practice and it's generally too harsh. This series is exactly what I want. I'm not interested in winning a lot, coming in last happens to us all. I don't think what I suggested was ridicilous or leaning too far towards 'quick' people. I understand your viewpoint completely, I think you're coming down a little hard on me. :P

Yes, I tend to come off as Mum in Charge.
But I have to. :P
Otherwise order cannot be maintained. :lol:
Have you ever had a lady boss? There's a reason we come off kind of 🤬 sometimes. :sly: If we don't, we'll have a mutiny. ;)

I wasn't specifically saying anyone in particular HERE wants to win a lot or wants some special advantage. Well, obviously we all want to win every race we start, but most of us are pretty okay with a podium once in awhile, as long as the racing is close clean & fun.
The point is, if you are unwilling to seriously handicap the fast racers, it WILL necessarily ensure their winning a lot. The fast racers are just that much faster than a lot of others. There's no way around this. The closer it is to spec, the more you're benefiting them. There's no way around that either.

I certainly don't want to "punish" anyone. So that's why we're not just putting one poor fast sap in the Spitfire for a race. :lol: You'll always have company in your "punishment". :rolleyes:
No matter how many participants, there will NEVER be just one person in the Spitfire. 👍

And I've spent 2 years organizing races & believe me, I have learned a lot about what makes for fun racing. Not everything comes off perfectly. :guilty: And certainly some ideas have been better than others. :odd: But I think we've had a good track record.

The main issue is that talks about this have been ongoing in private, and in testing for a couple of weeks now. And I've been adjusting the system as we have tested, to try and address all the issues.
As Coreyb mentioned, we had a big flaw in the Mini Cooper experiment event. :lol:
snowgt has been quite persistent in trying to think up all possible flaws and informing me his thoughts on the matter. 👍
I take it all into consideration.

I'm also planning a low power premium car mix-up event on randomly generated toscana tarmac tracks. :)

The line-up I'm going to start testing is this:
  1. Daihatsu OFC-1 Concept '07
  2. Honda Insight LS '09
  3. Toyota Prius G '09
  4. Suzuki Swift Sport '07
  5. Peugeot 307 CC Premium Avn '04
  6. Honda CR-Z α '10
So if anyone wants to start poking around with those, and telling me what problems they see with the line up. PLEASE DO!! And starting now! ;) :sly:
(I will be testing the cars on Lemons, Tarnished, RMC Toscana - all tracks used in this event & currently shared on various PSNs. The random tracks will likely be regenerated from starting with those tracks.)

Also, speaking of other events some participants might also be interested in... There's a vintage race car endurance series starting again soon:

Historic endurance championship - Le Mans classics
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7193091#post7193091

👍 Think some of the same racers people here are familiar are getting involved in that. Sounds fantastic!
(And I will not be conflict scheduling with that. I've gotten the schedule from the race director, to make sure of that.:))

A bit of raging is totally understandable when you, after hours upon hours of testing to perfect a concept to your liking, get the suggestion to scrap it all and do an entirely different thing. :P

I trust Melon to create races with wonderful tight racing, there have been very few instances when here concepts haven't been fun so far. :)

That historic le mans series sounds like it would fit Marunda aka FordMKIVJ5 like a glove.. probably should tip him off. :P

Yes, I tend to come off as Mum in Charge.
But I have to. :P
Otherwise order cannot be maintained. :lol:
Have you ever had a lady boss? There's a reason we come off kind of 🤬 sometimes. :sly: If we don't, we'll have a mutiny. ;)

Well, I don't know about order not being maintained, hah. I have never had a woman boss, no. I'm not exactly proposing mutiny, either. I think you're running a great event. I just happen to disagree with your selection (I understand the rationale, but I still think that my suggestion is still a valid one - I'm certainly not suggesting scrapping everything, just a tweak. But I have yet to see it in action so I will reserve final judgement), but I will happily try this series out regardless. I don't think anything further really needs to be elaborated on. /walls of text

omfg.gif
:mad: *rage* :mad: *rage*
evil.gif
omfg.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well that's the smileys I'd use if I was actually raging. LOL
I actually rage very little. I'm more often surprised than any other reaction to anything. :lol:
(It's often easy to surprise me. :odd: :indiff:)

Append:
Also the bluebird was actually the car I'd started with considering. (snowgt can confirm that as we had discussed all the cars. ;))
It was ruled out because of the gearing, top speed, and I think, hitting the limiter on some tracks.
And I instead went with ALL vintage sports car models. (No sport coupes or regular road cars. They are all 2 seaters too I believe.)
(All of these cars also have very similar handling. So even though they're all different speeds, they all pretty much require the same type of driving. IE: nobody will be tempted to dive bomb the insides of some FF car slowing into a turn or something like that.)
(Not that anybody ought to be dive bombing anyway of course! But it won't be a problem like I've seen in other mixed drive train racing - including Vintage Mixer last year where there were some incidents caused by the different drive trains & lines taken through corners.)

Last edited:
Append:
Also the bluebird was actually the car I'd started with considering. (snowgt can confirm that as we had discussed all the cars. ;))
It was ruled out because of the gearing, top speed, and I think, hitting the limiter on some tracks.
And I instead went with ALL vintage sports car models. (No sport coupes or regular road cars. They are all 2 seaters too I believe.)

Good to know the rationale behind the decision, really all I needed to hear. It's gearing seemed fine, apart from as you said - hitting the limiter, which I don't think is a fatal problem but it's understandable. And since you want the cars to be the same 'type', I suppose its exclusion is understandable. Same drivetrain racing usually works the best, indeed...

Edit: Also, is there only 10 people allowed per series? I would like to participate in both days, if I could? Since you have the assignments up to 15, I suppose it's open for that many...

Last edited:
Car fleet colours are posted in the 2nd post now:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8342941#post8342941
Below the sign-up schedule.
So if you've been waiting to paint your cars to try & be different, there you go. :)

@ LongbowX - I'm assuming Saturday? But maybe that's a rather an assumption.

The limiter hitting is a pet peeve of mine. :ill:
Mostly because I find that sound most annoying!! :lol:
(Another reason I avoid the 400-440pp shuffle base... HATE when some poor sap gets stuck with a muscle car that hits the limiter. Hate it most when that poor sap is me! :lol:)

I have actually been consideirng putting the bluebird together with the same era silvia in some kind of a heavy damage race... We had great fun racing it for a long race with damage on a custom Eifel track that cc570 made especially for those cars. But there was just 3 of us. Actually, we raced the bluebird, silvia, & spitfire together. The driver in the silvia won the race (cc570).

And yeah, I had a couple of annoying mixed drivetrain experiences on some tight tracks not too long ago. :grumpy: One time it was with someone in a 4wd & me in MR, the other time it was someone else in an MR with me in an FF. Obviously this wasn't a case of dirty driving. But mostly people misjudging where others are going through a corner when they have the lead, but are in a different drivetrain. Sometimes a behind driver will mistakenly think that the ahead driver has made an error because they're taking a different line - when actually that's just the way you have to take some turns in some cars. For example, an FF car on the switchbacks at Monte Carlo & Eiger. Usually when cars make contact on those tracks through the switchbacks, it's almost always when there's different drivetrains involved.

I like mixed model racing though. :)👍
But yeah got to mind the drivetrain issues.
Like I hadn't realized with the German Executive Coupes how compared to the 135i, the TTS would fly off the starting grid like a stabbed rat until we did a practice race. :scared: :lol: :dopey:
Have to think of things like this. Audiman2011 tried to warn me but it went over my head at the time. :guilty:
But luckily we sorted that out before the event.

Practice race on Mount TopMore

MountTopMore07.jpg

20130406165607_20130406vinmixtopmore09.jpg

"The Come On"

20130406165721_20130406vinmixtopmore10.jpg

"jackargent follow-thru"

20130406165748_20130406vinmixtopmore11.jpg

"oops crest"
(get your breaking done by this point :scared: :lol:)

Jackargent currently has this track shared. 👍

Car fleet colours are posted in the 2nd post now:
@ LongbowX - I'm assuming Saturday? But maybe that's a rather an assumption.
I'd like to be in both the Wednesday and Saturday series, if I can. It should be a good time. I will give you my car colours later, when I nail them down.

I may also take some photos of the events or practice, whatever... I seem to have gotten out of the habit.
The limiter hitting is a pet peeve of mine. :ill:
Mostly because I find that sound most annoying!! :lol:
(Another reason I avoid the 400-440pp shuffle base... HATE when some poor sap gets stuck with a muscle car that hits the limiter. Hate it most when that poor sap is me! :lol:)
Well, it isn't ideal and I can understand your irritation. An yes, the muscle cars are not a great addition to those Shuffle PP. Although, they have good midrange acceleration - that is pretty much their only redeeming characteristic. And that is just before they thunder into their limiter.

I have actually been consideirng putting the bluebird together with the same era silvia in some kind of a heavy damage race... We had great fun racing it for a long race with damage on a custom Eifel track that cc570 made especially for those cars. But there was just 3 of us. Actually, we raced the bluebird, silvia, & spitfire together. The driver in the silvia won the race (cc570).
Sounds like fun to me! I hardly ever get to drive these old cars, and I enjoy the variety.
And yeah, I had a couple of annoying mixed drivetrain experiences on some tight tracks not too long ago. :grumpy: One time it was with someone in a 4wd & me in MR, the other time it was someone else in an MR with me in an FF. Obviously this wasn't a case of dirty driving. But mostly people misjudging where others are going through a corner when they have the lead, but are in a different drivetrain. Sometimes a behind driver will mistakenly think that the ahead driver has made an error because they're taking a different line - when actually that's just the way you have to take some turns in some cars. For example, an FF car on the switchbacks at Monte Carlo & Eiger. Usually when cars make contact on those tracks through the switchbacks, it's almost always when there's different drivetrains involved.
I like mixed model racing though. :)👍

Of course, it can be fun! Just need to be extra careful is how people drive and be considerate. Thanks for sharing your experiences. :)

Back