W.M.A. International Touring Car Championship-Season Wrap-Up!

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,900 comments

How much horsepower should cars have?

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No not yet, going to check them out as soon as I can. But for now have to get back to work 👎 this day will never end

I really wanna get some laps in tonight. But my wife is out of town. So I have a feeling my night will be consumed with Skype. :(

Can someone else get some times in for comparison, as the VW is being a monster. Apparently even Storm's destroying my RX-7's times after just buying it with 1:07's and he feels it's overpowered, considering the Lotus was getting 1:08's for him.

Well new guys inbthe volvo are getting 1:07's. Seems like thats what we should shoot for.

Managed to get some laps in. Was in the 1:07's as well. But I think 1:08's will end up being pace in race conditions.

Last edited:
At 258 bhp and 1169kg, I'm doing times in the 1:07 mark in the Scirocco. I haven't even broken it in fully yet, and after one 1bhp increase in power from breaking the car in, I jumped instantly from a 1:08 into the mid 1:07's. Yeah sure Seth's a great driver, but given I'm a second off the 1:06's he was showing off in my lobby, with me having 18 less bhp, less torque, the same weight, and I haven't actually put in a lap time that hasn't seen one mistake or another... yeah, I'm calling the guys in here to check this car. The Scirocco is an overpowered monster. End of.

Also, can someone test out the RX-7? I'll test it, as I am suspicious of the 236 bhp / 1200kg limit that's been put on it, as it seems to be too much of a nerf. Sure, Nirv's driving it and has been testing it, but when he says the car's not right and I watch his laps, I have to agree. I've suggested he tries either 236 bhp / 1100kg, or 256 / 1100kg.

Monaco and Grand Valley East are two entirely different tracks. The FF's were bound to lose out to MR's and FR's at Monaco, as it is tight and twisty. Grand Valley East clearly has a lot of areas where you can have your pedal melded to the floor through a turn in gears 3, 4 and 5, without including that massive long straight. This is where the FFs will most likely get a huge advantage, as they look to have the better power and torque. If your not willing to give up some of the FF's speed advantage over they're general lack of cornering prowess, then don't remove/overhandicap the RWD cars for their superior handling, they're inferior enough in speed as it is.

Am I the only one that wants to see different cars and drivers winning, instead of the same person dominating the series from the get-go? yes? Then giving every car their advantages/disadvantages and letting the drivers who choose them being the ones to realise the car's potential or not is probably the way to go.

Tomorrow, I'll be calling out different cars I haven't gotten round to testing yet and my opinion of them, at first glance, given what I'm seeing in the cars I HAVE tested.

I know I bang on about the Lotus, but put it this way.... given it's only 40kg lighter than the S2K and using 70 bhp less when I drove the Elise, and the S2K isn't being nerfed or being deemed overpowered, it says a lot about my points of a driver unlocking the potential in a car.

I ran 260hp, not 276hp. And I got into the 1:07.9's with mediums. When I put softs on I did a 1:07.0xx then a 1:07.2xx then a 1:07.5xx. That was with full fuel. The 1:06's were after I pit from about 5 laps and no refueling. The scirocco is fast, but it won't stay fast especially since it's FF layout uses the front tires up a lot. I jumped in the Ford Focus and did 1:07's with softs also. But I lost less time per lap with the Ford.

That might be so, but still, that's seriously quick and if I'm doing 1:07.6 off with mistakes, you can bet that once I'm used to the car and running it at 260 bhp I'll be matching those times. Maybe the power cap would help the tyres keep their life longer? I felt that in the BMW in ALMS at Monaco when I ran 521 instead of 591.

All I'm saying is that the car needs reviewing, moreso now since you've done those times in 260 not 276, because its overpowered, either that or someone got shaken up by how the RWD's done on possibly the only test track that bodes to their cornering advantage; Monaco. Although I'm not seeing that cornering advantage in the VW, seems to handle more like a FR, which I give it credit for.

Hey all ...
Just signed up for this and I reckon it'll be interesting ...
Any setup tips on a Primera 2.0 GTe???

Hi I´m interested ;)
But when does the Lobby open on Saturdays ?? (The timer is cool but the exact Time would be nice to see too)
If there is space for me.
Probably would go with the Nismo 270R

Further Q´s:
Heavy Damage ?? Cause in the Rule section it is said to better get your car repaired if you crash
=> weak Damage self repair =/= heavy damage only in the pits

Tuning: All parts eligable ?? No abusage of the Power-Limiter ?? (adding a stage 3 Turbo and limiting to 60% for example)

All parts which don´t affect Power and or weight are the base ??

Hoping for quick answers because this sounds superb :D

Last edited:
FlyinHawaiian77
We run weak damage and you can tune/install any parts you want. Just have to make sure you fall into specs.

No, we run medium damage (full I believe) and there is no aero wings allowed. Aero must be at 0/0.

how long are the races going to be?

At Monaco it was 10 laps each for the first 2 races followed by a 3 lap sprint at the end. The first two races require a pit and possibly a 2 tyre compouind race (meds & softs). Not sure if the race at Grand Valley will be longer (even though the laps are sorter, it should be easier to overtake.

Will be testing the Rx-8 later today. Its not the Rx-7 Storm, but is handicapped with the same weight and hp. I too have a feeling there is an performance adjustment needed for those cars. Going to try 236/1100 and 246/1100.

Just out of curiosity, can you guys that are testing see what the PP for those cars are?

Only reason Im asking is cause I race in 400-500 pp lobbies and those are always close races. If you have two cars with the same specs but one has higher PP, the one with the higher PP should be faster right?

Last edited:
Normally yes but some have pp advantage although lower pp (confused xD).

Well I just registered.
But for Car I have a few in mind but first thought is Nismo 270R (others: Benz 190E, Sileighty//240SX, Z4, Spoon Civic)

Will test them today. Heavy Damage will be tough and fun, first series that I compete in with heavy D :D

FlyinHawaiian77
Welcome to the series. Anyone know what the official head count is?

Officially 16... But james is on the chopping block, and that would bring it to 15... But I'm not totally sure.

Yeah, I think I've seen James on the track one time. And that was to show he can do doughnuts in the infield at Daytona. Very active on the boards though.

Nice one Norm. I did think about that one being dubious aswell, I'll explain why I didn't mention it when I mentioned the RX-7 in the following wall of text below (:D).

Okay, so I said I'd get round to cars currently on the list that look like they'll need adjustments. I'll do some of them at first glance first, since I don't have the cars ready to use yet (4,000,000 cr. though, so might buy some cars.)

I'm only doing this on the thesis that 1:08's are the fastest "norm" overall for the cars and the driver with a basic "lower ride height, stiffened suspension to accomodate the higher gripping racing tyres" setup, without a personal tweak, or on the thesis that if a persona tweak was used on a fast time that they're considering what they would realistically achieve with a less personal tweak.

Anyway, my "flip this series on its head" judgement starts now (:D):

Honda Integra Type R 04: Currently it is at 236 bhp and 1200kg. Unless this car is driving anything like the Scirocco in terms of its handling, and anywhere near the same level of torque, then I reckon the car will need a rise in power and/or a reduction in weight. Given the Civic Type R is more powerful and has less weight, I doubt the Integra's better in other ways so much as to warrant such a striking difference. I have the car so I'll test it, but I'm going to hazard possibly 256 bhp and 1200 kg, possibly even 256 bhp and 1150kg.

(while I'm at it)

Honda Civic Type R: Currently at 276 bhp and 1100kg. Now, looking at it, its power might not be an issue, but I reckon it does need more weight. 1200kg is my initial guess at what I'd put the car as. Mel might disagree, but given I think he's better than me (or at the least, more consistent in-race) and I'm the one saying it may be holding an advantage somewhere, I put the car on track myself before I make a final decision on that.

Volvo C30: Currently at 276 bhp and 1100kg. So the new guys and FH are doing 1:07's in the car, so depending on whether or not its due to a personal tweak to fit the car to their liking or not, I'd say that it's pretty good going. I haven't tested it at those specs, but my experience in the car tells me that the car probably doesn't corner as well as the other cars in that current band might. If anything, the cars needs keeping an eye on at different tracks we'll be testing.

new car (requesting) Peugeot 207 GTi: I'm currently testing at 276 bhp and 1100kg. Now I think I was hitting 1:08's/1:09's with it tuned to my liking on softs, so I don't know what else to do with the car. Its a fun little car, although I think it maybe inferior to the rest of the pack. Edit: I actually was on 1200kg, maybe 1100kg would make it more competitive, but it loses the 56 / 44 weight distribution @ +50 ballast pos., which ends up now being 61 / 39. This may upset the cornering performance, as well as the tyre wear.

new car (requesting) Lotus Elise 111R: Currently tuned with 205 bhp and 1060 kg. I've driven this at Monaco and that was a monster, but bringing it here with the same specs.... I'll be lucky to fight the mid pack, methinks. I've been doing 1:08's on the normal GVE, so Reverse I'm expecting the same, or slightly slower. Feel free to test this and let me know your times, I want a chance to race people in the series with this car, because I love it with a passion. Given it runs 71 bhp less power and only 40 kg less weight than a Toyota MR2 GTS and the MG MGF, I personally think its nerfed given you're coupling that low power with a max of 21kgfm torque compare to the 32kgfm in the 276 bhp MGF.

new car (requesting) Honda S2000: Suspected to be running 276 bhp and 1100kg at Monaco last week. I don't know, but this car, given its a FR AND the famed Honda S2000, I don't reckon its potential was being wrung out by the person driving it. Even Nirv in his RX-7, a car I feel is being nerfed, said he was faster so... someone else needs to test it, possible at 236 bhp and 1100kg, or 276 bhp and 1200kg. It hasn't been tested around GVE(R) yet, I don't think.

I'm done, for now.... I'll get to testing some of the aformentioned cars in a mo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back