W.M.A. International Touring Car Championship-Season Wrap-Up!

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,900 comments

How much horsepower should cars have?

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of doing that one also. Let me onow how it goes. I need a decent car for the new time trials.

Edit - Renault Lutecia (sp?) can also get into the 1:40's at Cote. Just a basic tune on that one. Should be able to go faster. Specs are 278/1148? Weight is already at the lowest possible.

Last edited:
I will test it, once I've found a tune worth enough to use at Laguna Seca in the Viper. It's looking good so far, methinks I'll be hitting solid lap times, and with a slight tweak I can comfortably hit 9 laps.

Yeah, sorry guys. I was running with the rules stated in the OP, under the "Conduct Guidelines." I know, it's sorta hard to read 7/8 pages of Conduct Guidelines, then read like 5 pages of points system, and then look through the Car List.

Conduct guidelines

Points System

FH, the MR2 is already in specs. It's a tricky bugger to drive, so I thought I'd give it out, and just sorta say "It's fast, but, it's hard to drive, so it's a car that the true professionals should use.

Car List-Updated until June 15th

For those of you feeling really unsure about which cars handle well, the best handling car in the series is definitely the Nissan Primera '90. It's not the best looking car, nor is it a premium car, but, if you're uncomfortable with the MR cars, and the understeer of the other FF cars, try out the Primera.

Storm, didn't I recommend to you, "use the Evora, man. It should fit beautifully into this series." :sly: Some people just don't listen, it seems. :lol:

Nirv, yes, the RX-7 is a little bit EXTREMELY fast at the normal 276 hp and 1100 kg. Most RWD premium cars have a huge potential. I haven't figured out, why the Premium rear wheel drive cars are so much faster, but, there's definitely a pattern.

Also Nirv, the next track is Grand Valley Speedway East Reverse.

Nirv, yes, the RX-7 is a little bit EXTREMELY fast at the normal 276 hp and 1100 kg. Most RWD premium cars have a huge potential. I haven't figured out, why the Premium rear wheel drive cars are so much faster, but, there's definitely a pattern.

Also Nirv, the next track is Grand Valley Speedway East Reverse.

It's just mind blowing at the double disadvantage slammed on it, yet it still works.

Also I meant if it's a city after Grand Valley then Tokyo's my vote (extremely preemptive voting). If not I guess Eigen Nordwand

Ok so I just used a tune on the Peugeot 207 GTi (premium model car) and my best time is a 1:43.459 around Monaco, at 276 bhp and 1200kg. I might bump the car down to 1100kg and see how it performs, but for now it looks pretty good.

Ok so, with the tuning setup I have for the Lotus Evora (ISOTOPE GREEN LIKE MY ELISE!!!), and 220 bhp/1200kg specs.... managed a time of 1:41.249 around Monaco. Much like the Elise, the car would suffer from lack of pace, but in a tight and twisty track, it'll perform admirably.

Last edited:
Ok so I just used a tune on the Peugeot 207 GTi (premium model car) and my best time is a 1:43.459 around Monaco, at 276 bhp and 1200kg. I might bump the car down to 1100kg and see how it performs, but for now it looks pretty good.

Ok so, with the tuning setup I have for the Lotus Evora (ISOTOPE GREEN LIKE MY ELISE!!!), and 220 bhp/1200kg specs.... managed a time of 1:41.249 around Monaco. Much like the Elise, the car would suffer from lack of pace, but in a tight and twisty track, it'll perform admirably.

That's quite fast, actually. Most cars will run 1:44s in normal conditions.

And, I was thinking of running a track like Tokyo R246 next.

My bad Mel, I didnt even bother to look at the car list. Good thing I got the specs right. Severe oversteer is an understatement for this car. :lol: But my god does it look oh so pretty going around the hairpin at Monaco.

Still havent tried the Mazda yet. Hopefully I can make it a contender. FF is sort of my weak point when it comes to tuning. :( All that understeer turns me off and I end up giving up on the tune.

No worries.

Yeah, the Protegé would be a good car. I don't have one, otherwise, it'd be in the car list.

Storm, I put the MG in, if you really want to run a British car... Otherwise, the Peugeot would be okay, and the Evora's just a little quick.

Storm, I put the MG in, if you really want to run a British car... Otherwise, the Peugeot would be okay, and the Evora's just a little quick.

You've missed the point I believe. We want a Lotus not just a British car, notice the lack of attempting for a Jag

A Jag wouldn't fit in here, anyway. I'll try the MG, though, since I actually have one.

Edit: Car isn't even broken in yet, and at 246bhp / 1100kg I'm doing 1:43.073 as my first time around Monaco. It's pretty fiddly though, so I might need to even out the ballast for 50 / 50.

Last edited:
What times are good around grande valley speedway east reverse for round 3? We've just bought some Volvo c30's.

If anybody wants to do some testing me and my friend have settup a room : 1472-6118-6615-5263-4401

Last edited:
Are you guys hoping to run on the same team with them? I think Anthony has ready claimed one of them. Unless he's changed his mind.

Let me know how the testing turns out. Havent tested there yet.

We where but forgot about to check if someone else was using the same car lol i take it its only 2 per car?

Not sure how he wants to do it. Maybe two per team? I think that would make things a little more interesting. Have a little rivalry going on.

So far I know that the two civic type r are joining. Then me and Norm in the S2K's. There are two Scirocco's but I dont know if they are forming a team or not. One is gold and the other blue.

Oh, if its team then its ok as we painted our cars the same colour, same style wheels (diff colour) and same wing ect.

in testing we did a one of 1.7 and the wrest where mostly 1.8's and 1.9's.

Last edited:
Well, racingzack and his teammate may use the Volvo, because he's not running a Volvo factory team. Unrealanthony, I believe, is considering switching cars, and, if he doesn't switch, is most likely planning to run the Volvo factory team.

I have only one request; you've mentioned "wing." Wings are generally a no-go in this series, on the rear. We're running with a 0 downforce rule, ensuring that FR and MR cars get no advantage over FF cars.

Officially confirming entries from two new drivers, on the Volvo C30 team "JZR:"

(GTP Name) racingzack/ (PSN Name) Killer1midget (From Surrey)

(GTP Name) birel349/ (PSN Name) Diddy49 (From Wales)

Finally, sorry about the Lotus thing... your British pride can go into overdrive with this:

Lotus cars are just WAY TOO FAST for this series.

Last edited:
Thank you!

Other than the downforce, the rest of the tune and build is up to you.

If I remember correctly, the lap times for Grand Valley East reverse are around 1:08-1:12, depending on tire life, and driver talent.

In short, Seth can run 1:08s in qualifying in his Scirocco, but, that was before some re-specing, and most drivers can manage 1:10s, with tire wear causing 1:12s later on in the stint.

Ahh ok. So is this just am experiment, or are we doing that for all the races. And out of curiosity, what is the penalty for not switching to meds?

Ahh ok. So is this just am experiment, or are we doing that for all the races. And out of curiosity, what is the penalty for not switching to meds?

Well, I can't decide between the two compound rule, and the "let everyone run what they want/need" idea.

So, Saturday's going to be further experimentation. But, I'll be saving all three replays, and the Team of Stewards will review the replays, ensure that everyone understands that during a "two compound race" you may run both softs and mediums, but, can't use only softs.

If everyone fully understands and follows those rules, and no one makes unfortunate mistakes... (like comfort tires by accident etc.) then we'll most likely implement the two compound rule.

So, it's not an experiment, it's a "let's check that everyone understands what will happen" clause.

The penalty for the not switching to mediums will be a penalty. The Team of Stewards will discuss the penalty, for every case of such an event, if the two compound rule is used.

Obviously, it can't be a drive through penalty, because the option to stay out on softs for first stint, and then pit for mediums means that there won't be time during the race, to issue a drive through penalty.

The penalty will range from a timed-penalty (30 seconds to 2 minutes) to a full disqualification from results of that race.

I think we need to have a pit window also. I doubt anyone can make softs lqst the entire race. But we could have a situation where someone who has good tire life take advantage and stay out till the last minute.

I think we need to have a pit window also. I doubt anyone can make softs lqst the entire race. But we could have a situation where someone who has good tire life take advantage and stay out till the last minute.

Well, it's still a concern.

It doesn't affect sprint races, at all, obviously, but, I don't want someone to use mediums for the entire race length.

That sort of thing really gives RWD cars a huge advantage. This series is built upon no one getting a specific advantage.

FF cars can brake harder than FR/MR cars, and the FRs come out of the corners faster. Therefore, clearly, they're somewhat equivalent, before considering tire wear.

Thank you!

Other than the downforce, the rest of the tune and build is up to you.

If I remember correctly, the lap times for Grand Valley East reverse are around 1:08-1:12, depending on tire life, and driver talent.

In short, Seth can run 1:08s in qualifying in his Scirocco, but, that was before some re-specing, and most drivers can manage 1:10s, with tire wear causing 1:12s later on in the stint.

I don't recall doing laps in the Scirocco there before my new tune. I had a 1:07 there @276hp but I cut it back to 260hp, so it'll be slowed down surely.

I don't recall doing laps in the Scirocco there before my new tune. I had a 1:07 there @276hp but I cut it back to 260hp, so it'll be slowed down surely.

That's what I meant. Oops.

Anyways, Polarbear345 or Harrison1476 will hopefully respond to any and all questions, as my other Team of Stewards members. Please contact them, as I'll be away for the next 24 hours.

Just popping my cherry..first post on gtplanet :) Sat. just cant get here soon enough, what makes it worse...its only Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back