W.M.A. International Touring Car Championship-Season Wrap-Up!

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,900 comments

How much horsepower should cars have?

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll take the Scirocco as my car choice. Sorry if I'm too fast. I'll run 260hp with it if you want it fair.

I think I'll take the Scirocco as my car choice. Sorry if I'm too fast. I'll run 260hp with it if you want it fair.

Alright... Then, would your entry be part of a factory or independent team? Also, I'll look into it. Some Scirocco drivers can't tune as well as you, and therefore only run 54s with 276, so I don't want to change it up for everyone. I might give factory Sciroccos a few more restrictions, for example, and let the Independents run the 276.

I used the Gold for my RM Vette, I was thinking the blue/white combo as on my TVR. So I guess I'm going solo.

I used the Gold for my RM Vette, I was thinking the blue/white combo as on my TVR. So I guess I'm going solo.

Well, if you run a Factory VW team, I could see about finding you another Factory VW teammate, or, if no one signs up for, or creates a team, just skip the choice and put everyone in a factory team.

I'd like to sign up in the RUF 3400 S, but I'm still only available every other weekend, starting this weekend. I'm working on fixing this, but it might take a while.

Hey Smog. Welcome! Thanks for mentioning that. I may consider running the ITCC bi-weekly. As with every other part of this series, it's necessary to discuss this possibility.

I don't care if someone wants to be my teammate. But I'm running the blue/white like I had on the TVR- here is my car/driver-

kyotogion1j.jpg

kyotogion2b.jpg

Last edited:
I don't care if someone wants to be my teammate. But I'm running the blue/white like I had on the TVR- here is my car/driver-

kyotogion1j.jpg

kyotogion2b.jpg

Looks good man. ;) Next time I'm on my computer, I'll definitely upload some pictures of cars/drivers. Please, everyone, take a photo of your official entry, if you have decided, preferably with driver in photo!

Also, do we want to run weekly, or bi-weekly??

Last edited:
Weekly, please. I need racing action!

Thanks for the input. Above, notice that Smoglessprune may not be able to make a weekly series, for a while. So, I'll offer up three "improvement/make-up rounds" only worth points, if you have: done poorly in a round, or missed a round. We have enough tracks to choose from.

Update: 14 drivers, let's do this! Two more, and we have a fully lobby's worth! This should be some exciting racing!

Pre-season will end in three weeks time! Get yourselves ready! Final Pre-season round (#5) will be on Saturday the 23rd of June!

Last edited:
What track are we running next?

Update: Mel, I have a feeling the S2K is a little to fast. Was getting 1:18 at Autumn Ring and that was with a mild tune. I'll bump it down to 270 hp but I dont think 6 hp would make that big of a difference.

I've yet to test it out on the other tracks. That will be on my schedule today.

What track are we running next?

Update: Mel, I have a feeling the S2K is a little to fast. Was getting 1:18 at Autumn Ring and that was with a mild tune. I'll bump it down to 270 hp but I dont think 6 hp would make that big of a difference.

I've yet to test it out on the other tracks. That will be on my schedule today.

I remember seeing something about an in lobby vote for the track.

As for the car try 250bhp if need be (I guess). Problem is there's a point where times can't be differentiated between driver quality / car advantage. I suppose if the rest of the times are close then it's fine?

RWD cars are good with tight turns, but you can setup FWD cars with oversteer or heavy understeer to get good turn in. The Scirocco just sticks.

I remember seeing something about an in lobby vote for the track.

In-lobby track voting, but, it must be a city circuit. If we go to a circuit that's not a city-circuit, I will just start a second vote.

Also, yes, FH, the same thing is happening with Seth's Scirocco. The extremely talented drivers (you, Seth, and Anthony) are running two seconds a lap faster, at times, than people using the same cars with the same specs. And, frankly, I'm not sure what my course of action should be, except, perhaps, running faster drivers in factory teams, with less hp and more weight.

Not sure how it would be implemented. I've never seen a series that does anything like it. I only like the idea because it should keep everything close.

Maybe only ard ballast if it becomes very clear that a certain car is starting to dominate.

Not sure how it would be implemented. I've never seen a series that does anything like it. I only like the idea because it should keep everything close.

Maybe only ard ballast if it becomes very clear that a certain car is starting to dominate.

Well, if a car wins two rounds, the way SebVet won so many last year... :sly:

5 kg for first, 4 for second, 3 for third, 2 for fourth?

You'll need way more than that to make a difference X those by atleast 10 even then you may notice only minor change may need to go even heavier in some cases goodluck.👍

You'll need way more than that to make a difference X those by atleast 10 even then you may notice only minor change may need to go even heavier in some cases goodluck.👍

Not necessarily. I believe I said "5 kg per race win." There are 3 races per round, and 10 Rounds +3 make up rounds... Over a season with 39 races, 5 kg per race win would be pretty huge...

Thinking of the long term isn't necessarily my strong point in some areas, but it certainly is when I'm planning something.

Anyways, you're welcome to join, if you'd like. I'm not entirely sure what brought you to my thread, but thanks for considering the advice and the way the series is being run... :boggled:

The problem is I'm already near max ballast. Not that I'm going to win many races xD

:lol:

I have faith in you. Besides, championships aren't always won in victory lane. I think you'll be consistently fast, no matter which tracks we go to.

Anyways, I updated the GTP ITCC (International Touring Car Championship) Official Points System to include the following:

Make Up Races:

At the end of the season, there will be three rounds of “make up races.” All drivers may come, in order to improve their points standings. If a competitor were absent for a round, the competitor could come run a make up round (MUR) in order to substitute points from the MUR into the slots missed during the normal season. Drivers who finish poorly in a round will have a chance to redeem some points in the MURs.

All drivers will only be given 10 rounds worth of points, but, their 10 best results will be added, and their 3 worst results will be subtracted (unless the driver doesn’t come to the MURs)

The MURs are not mandatory attendance events, but, for those people competing in the season’s points standings events, they are highly recommended, in order to gain the highest number of points possible.

Performance Awards:

Awards will be given based on statistical standings. These include, but are not limited to: Best Average Finish, Most Wins, Most Poles, Most Positions Gained in a Race, and Biggest Margin of Victory.

Best Average Finish: Unlike the points system, which rewards all drivers equally for positions in the full season, and the three MURs, this Performance Award will be given for the highest average finishing position in the normal 10 Round season, and will be given to the driver who completes all 10 Rounds of the normal season, and maintains the highest average finishing position.

Most Wins: This Performance Award will be given for the Highest Number of Wins in the normal 10 Round season.

Most Poles: This Performance Award will be given for the Highest Number of Poles in the normal 10 Round season.

Most Positions Gained in a Race: This Performance Award will be given for the Highest Number of Positions Gained in a Race, and all passes must be made legally, and within one race.

Biggest Margin of Victory: This Performance Award will be given for the Biggest Margin of Victory. The Margin of Victory will be recorded in terms of time. (Minutes, seconds)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back