W.M.A. International Touring Car Championship-Season Wrap-Up!

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,900 comments

How much horsepower should cars have?

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of getting online and doing a little photo shoot with the s2k. Didnt you guys do a photo shoot already? Where are those at?

I was thinking of getting online and doing a little photo shoot with the s2k. Didnt you guys do a photo shoot already? Where are those at?
First post and the Race Recaps thread. I'll declare tomorrow another official "Photo Blitz day."

Room up in five minutes. Track vote at 5 PM EST *SHARP*

Races begin at 5:10 PM *SHARP*

Room will be open type.

Search under "ALL" I'm not from America!

Last edited:
I run minimum weight with the Scirocco. So success ballast is no big deal. 10kg for winning per race until the next round. Example... 1100kg start weight. 3 rds per weekend, win rd. 1 +10kg, keep the weight plus +10kg more if you win again. +5kg for 2nd or 3rd. Keep that weight till next weekend. So you're at 1120kg. Add ballast if you podium, but if you don't the ballast comes off and you're at 1100kg again. Thats how SuperGT does IRL.

XD haha, Nirvana. Everyone so far is on my friend's list. I'm just curious about anyone who's not registered yet... God forbid... :P

1472-6118-3676-3249-3021

Hurry up, one and all, the room's open and race 1 is about to start!

And a stunning pole to Damu! OOoooops, last second steal by StormPacer17! Damu ran a good lap, but, Storm joined at the last second.

Congrats to our winners: Norm, Storm and FH (the Hawaiian.)

Great racing again!

Last edited:
It's cool Seth.

I'm running the lobbies on a lower race quality now. Some people can't handle the recommended setting, (high) so I'm running on normal or lower.

Yeah. I'm using different lobby settings next week. I realize, now, that "High" race quality is too much.

As normal, though, mics will be disabled (again, to save connectivity...) and I'll ask that anyone who suffers from freezing stop playing BGM. During racing, I turn my BGM off. I might just turn it off in the lobbies too, and not play with anything but the sound of my racecar! (OR, rather, the front tires dying under the power of my racecar.)

So, I'll run the official season in my lounge (so that n00bs and trolls can't come in and disrupt our internet connections,) I'll run on "low" or "standard" race quality, and I'll force mics off.

I PROMISE YOU, I'm doing what I can to sort out your connection problems, guys. Next week, I'm hoping that they'll all be solved.

MrMelancholy15
Yeah. I'm using different lobby settings next week. I realize, now, that "High" race quality is too much.

As normal, though, mics will be disabled (again, to save connectivity...) and I'll ask that anyone who suffers from freezing stop playing BGM. During racing, I turn my BGM off. I might just turn it off in the lobbies too, and not play with anything but the sound of my racecar! (OR, rather, the front tires dying under the power of my racecar.)

So, I'll run the official season in my lounge (so that n00bs and trolls can't come in and disrupt our internet connections,) I'll run on "low" or "standard" race quality, and I'll force mics off.

I PROMISE YOU, I'm doing what I can to sort out your connection problems, guys. Next week, I'm hoping that they'll all be solved.

Was Rolex at high settings?

MrMelancholy15
Rolex was a step below my recommended settings of high, and I ran at standard. Next week, I might try "low" or "standard" again.

Those are my settings too! There really isn't much of a difference between the settings in road racing. When you start bumpdrafting with 14 year olds yelling -watch out- so standard or low would be fine, I look forward to finishing! I was 1 lap close to finishing!!!!

Those are my settings too! There really isn't much of a difference between the settings in road racing. When you start bumpdrafting with 14 year olds yelling -watch out- so standard or low would be fine, I look forward to finishing! I was 1 lap close to finishing!!!!

-And no microphones... That, because of kids one entire year younger than you (and like ten years less mature... :) )

MrMelancholy15
-And no microphones... That, because of kids one entire year younger than you (and like ten years less mature... :) )

Half of them are like me, one was signed up for Rolex and then he chose some lame gt300 series instead (-.-) and I did his Daytona only NASCAR league (fun, because no set ups involved really) then he switched it over to NASCAR the game a week after I got the game... And we run all NASCAR tracks, and I swear this one kids 12 And he took at least half the field out every restart (we did our own) and I sent him a message today:

Jfilyaw-"you coming today?"
Me-"no I can't make it, I have itcc now, and Rolex at 7ish and that won't be done by 8"
Jfilyaw-"ahh, ok"
Me-"and anyways last night was the dirtiest organized race I've ever been in"

I didn't get a response! Lol!

...and then after Rolex when I'm going to play a bit of battlefield before bed...the invites pour in!

MrMelancholy15
10 years less mature than you.

Anyways, back on topic. This week, Grand Valley Speedway East Reverse.

Nice a not street course! I was getting a bit mad at those walls at Monaco today... And then the power went out.... But that's a whole different story! (nice day, 70 and BAM! No power, and in true fashion it comes right back on... After the damage was done...) so I'm looking to get another win at grand valley!

Wouldn't it be cool if someone won all 3 races at a track?! I wonder if anyone will "sweep" a weekend?!

Nice a not street course! I was getting a bit mad at those walls at Monaco today... And then the power went out.... But that's a whole different story! (nice day, 70 and BAM! No power, and in true fashion it comes right back on... After the damage was done...) so I'm looking to get another win at grand valley!

Wouldn't it be cool if someone won all 3 races at a track?! I wonder if anyone will "sweep" a weekend?!

If that happens, they haven't necessarily swept. There are 100 points available per round. 99 for winning all three races (33 points each) and one for pole. :)

Pole, win race 1, pass everyone and win race 2, and then pass everyone and win race 3.... It seems a little difficult.

I noticed that everyone else was carrying less speed in the tunnel, and out of turn one, than I was, and I just adjusted, to try to pass people there, and Monaco turned out well for me.

PEOPLE, PLEASE, FOR YOUR OWN SAKES, I'm giving you FREE ADVICE! Slow down a little more on corner entry, so you can give more has on exit! I was passing you guys way too easily. It wasn't the car's fault. You were all very fast, but, the guys who carried their speed out of the corners better (Storm, Norm, FH and I) were much faster.

I was only ther for the one 3 lapper. How did the S2K do at 266 hp? I caught the tail end of the 2nd race and it seemed really close between mel and norm.

Yep. The S2000 is fine. Honestly, even the Civic Type R I drive, is more of a "Drive fast and you'll be fast" car, than it is a "drive average and you'll still be fast, because the car's too fast" car. I think that's how almost all the cars in this series are.

The only thing I notice, is that the S2000 gets good tire life. And, well, I run the races ON PURPOSE, just long enough that a one stop strategy is possible, so you don't really have TOO much to gain, through tire life.

But, in saying that, Norm did win race 1, I think. Storm won race 2, in his Lotus, which really needs more HP and weight. And, I thought you won the third race, FH?

Yeah, I think you guys got caught up in turn two or three and I was able to pull away.

I wish I could have been there for the other races, but my power nap went longer then expected.

Kevin mentioned that, in the Rolex race, while you were eating dinner with your love.

Kevin asked "Did FH fall asleep again?"

:lol: you guys know each other pretty well. Just, not quite perfectly.

The problem is Storm's lotus won't be able to gain much if any more weight. It was at 1060kg mind but the tyre life seemed unlimited. And Norm and Storms fighting was quality, especially because they couldn't see each other and kept merging on my screen xD

Yep. The S2000 is fine. Honestly, even the Civic Type R I drive, is more of a "Drive fast and you'll be fast" car, than it is a "drive average and you'll still be fast, because the car's too fast" car. I think that's how almost all the cars in this series are.

The only thing I notice, is that the S2000 gets good tire life. And, well, I run the races ON PURPOSE, just long enough that a one stop strategy is possible, so you don't really have TOO much to gain, through tire life.

But, in saying that, Norm did win race 1, I think. Storm won race 2, in his Lotus, which really needs more HP and weight. And, I thought you won the third race, FH?
Only reason I lost race 1 should be apparent in the video. I switched to Sports Soft tyres because I didn't have any Racing Meds. Schoolyboy error on my part. The car needs less bhp because 1060kg is the most weight I can apply. I'll try out the Evora, tune one to 1200kg and 236 bhp.

Race 1 I used 220 bhp and I tore away from the pack early on, which is why I pitted so early, and found out my schoolboy error.

Race 2 I lowered my bhp to 205, and started on racing meds. I had nirv telling me where norm was because I couldn't see him on track. I thought we was doing two different tyre compounds per race, but nirv told me some were doing soft/soft or med/soft.

Race 3 was, I dunno what happened, but 3 laps was too short in my opinion.

Overall, the only way the Lotus will compete is if it has that top speed disadvantage. It's amazing through corners, more than making up for the time lost through lack of pace. Maybe 215-220 is about enough for the car, although how the S2000 has 266bhp and 1100kg and doesn't outdo the rest of the pack is beyond me.

Only reason I lost race 1 should be apparent in the video. I switched to Sports Soft tyres because I didn't have any Racing Meds. Schoolyboy error on my part. The car needs less bhp because 1060kg is the most weight I can apply. I'll try out the Evora, tune one to 1200kg and 236 bhp.

Race 1 I used 220 bhp and I tore away from the pack early on, which is why I pitted so early, and found out my schoolboy error.

Race 2 I lowered my bhp to 205, and started on racing meds. I had nirv telling me where norm was because I couldn't see him on track. I thought we was doing two different tyre compounds per race, but nirv told me some were doing soft/soft or med/soft.

Race 3 was, I dunno what happened, but 3 laps was too short in my opinion.

Overall, the only way the Lotus will compete is if it has that top speed disadvantage. It's amazing through corners, more than making up for the time lost through lack of pace. Maybe 215-220 is about enough for the car, although how the S2000 has 266bhp and 1100kg and doesn't outdo the rest of the pack is beyond me.

Yeah I thought it was different tyre compound races. Also thought it was actually rolling start in first lap until smog went blasting through. Lack of research is fatal though huh.

I'm still confused how the S2k has more +30bhp & -100kg and I thought I was doing ok against it, but for not being consistently quick (lack of practice in the car).

Finally, Mel if next week is city my vote goes to Tokyo

I've been testing out the 97 MR2. Got a 1:39.890 at cote d azur. Really fun car to drive. I have it set up to where the back likes to come out and rotate the car. Specs are at 276/1100. Obviously it needs to come down. Ill have it on share if anyone wants to try it out. Careful not to slame on the brakes or she will tey to spin on you.

Really enjoying this series so far. Lets me take the covers off the cars that have been locked up in the garage.

I think Im going for the Mazda Protege next. :)

I'm interested to see how my Peugeot 207 GTi fares. Might buy another one, since I'm saving this other one for something else. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back