W.M.A. International Touring Car Championship-Season Wrap-Up!

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 2,900 comments

How much horsepower should cars have?

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 6 11.5%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me either :D
No clue what is good and what isn´t.
For me:
Topspeed adjustment and flooring the Throtle for Q and hope the best 👍

I guess that's what I will do too. Hopefully my setup won't be too bad :nervous:

Would you mind telling me how I didn't win the 2nd race (in cruise control, as I knew storm was on mediums)?
Everyone used two compounds. Replay confirms this. If you have any other concerns, PM's are best, please. :) I'll do my best to find all of the problems.
I was just saying that I knew what strategy Storm was on, from Skype. It's why I didn't push harder to get a huge lead. But Storm was 2nd in the race, yet got 33 points.
Ok, so here's what MY points should be:
Race 1 - 3rd - 29 pts
Race 2 - 2nd - 31 pts
Race 3 - 1st - 33 pts.[/I]
What? My points are incorrect?

Could this mean the penny has finally dropped? I finished 1st in races 1 & 2. Storm 2nd in race 2. By the way, that makes me equal on most race wins.

Could this mean the penny has finally dropped? I finished 1st in races 1 & 2. Storm 2nd in race 2. By the way, that makes me equal on most race wins.

Sorry. I'll investigate this wholeheartedly, and figure it out before points for today's race; 30 minutes guys!

Oh yeah, someone had mentioned the turbo-rotary was a bit OP.

Hmmm, were you guys running with or without it? Specs seemed perfect today, though I would even say that the Civic (for the first time ever) was the best car in the field.

Anyways, I'm allowing Joe to test with +5 BHP more, just to see if he can join the fray. Good luck to Joe! 👍 He's always fun to race with.

Well the turbo-rotary mentioned is the one that is already in the car, not the aftermarket version. But no, neither of us used a turbo that race.

Well the turbo-rotary mentioned is the one that is already in the car, not the aftermarket version. But no, neither of us used a turbo that race.

I know, that's what I meant. Thanks. I'll consider, maybe, making an agreement about which turbo to run, but, it won't be mid/high range. It'll either be stock or low RPM range, 'cuz today was a good, fun race. Even Lancer enjoyed it, and he has high-standards. I'm more than glad to live up to them. :)

Anyways, I likely won't be here for the next round. While that's normally okay, because there are Make Up Rounds at the end of the season, I'm worried about who leads the lobbies/starts races/ends arguments etc.

Therefore, this week, YOU WILL listen to cnd01, and what he says goes.

cnd01 WILL NOT ask you to change the specs of the cars, or directly give penalties.

cnd01 will report to me, if there is a crash, via PSN, and I'll try to download the replay, and see about investigations etc.

Please don't question his decisions. He'll be calling the end of qualifying/starting races, as he deems fit, to follow the ITCC schedule, and the following Rolex schedule.

I hope this week goes well, and wish you all the best of luck. I will be autocrossing, possibly, out-of-town, and will not be able to run the show.

First Race:
I threw away victory. Pitted at Lap 3 (!!!!) and so I had to run 9 laps with the softs. Lancer passed me at 10th lap and drove away because I had to safe some Tires.
Couldn´t have done 1 more lap => lucky to come in 2nd.
But I would have won probably if I pitted at lap 5ish. (but you´ll never know).

Race2:
Was good too but I missed the perfect pit entry lap. (lap 3 in which Lancer pitted and he had clean air => flew by me at lap 4/5ish.

In Addition Storm passed me during Pitting !!!
I had 1.1 seconds lead when we entered the pits and after we went out he was ~2seconds infront => I lost 3.1 seconds in the pits (I had no pitentry reset).
Tried to get close to Lancer but the epic Battle with Storm slowed us down so Lancer could win without battle.
And this Time Storm couldn´t outdraft me maybe because the last sector was my Zone and espacially last turn (compared to him)

Race 3:
Sprint nothing else to say.
Had good Battle with Storm again. Turns out he is my favourite Battle Driver since Indy.
Damu, Mel and Seth where out of my draft due to battles so drove in 4th. Atleast once I have beaten Lancer 👍

===> 2/2/4 good result.
Best Lap from me: 1:49.817 (with bigtime draft) // 1:50.164 clean air
Best Lap from Driver X: 1:49.2xx (possibly from Lancer) <--- AWESOME LAP BTW 👍

That 1:49.2 was mine on the lap before I passed you on race 1. Did a perfect lap then drafted you the whole way down the straight. :D

And my car aero-pushes bad. I didn't notice at the 'Ring, but here, if I'm anywhere near another car in a turn, my car handles somewhere between a brick and a sailboat. Couldn't do anything in race 3.

Anyways, I likely won't be here for the next round. While that's normally okay, because there are Make Up Rounds at the end of the season, I'm worried about who leads the lobbies/starts races/ends arguments etc.

Therefore, this week, YOU WILL listen to DAMU, and what he says goes.

Let the dictatorship begin!

First Race:
I threw away victory. Pitted at Lap 3 (!!!!) and so I had to run 9 laps with the softs. Lancer passed me at 10th lap and drove away because I had to safe some Tires.
Couldn´t have done 1 more lap => lucky to come in 2nd.
But I would have won probably if I pitted at lap 5ish. (but you´ll never know).

Race2:
Was good too but I missed the perfect pit entry lap. (lap 3 in which Lancer pitted and he had clean air => flew by me at lap 4/5ish.

In Addition Storm passed me during Pitting !!!
I had 1.1 seconds lead when we entered the pits and after we went out he was ~2seconds infront => I lost 3.1 seconds in the pits (I had no pitentry reset).
Tried to get close to Lancer but the epic Battle with Storm slowed us down so Lancer could win without battle.
And this Time Storm couldn´t outdraft me maybe because the last sector was my Zone and espacially last turn (compared to him)

Race 3:
Sprint nothing else to say.
Had good Battle with Storm again. Turns out he is my favourite Battle Driver since Indy.
Damu, Mel and Seth where out of my draft due to battles so drove in 4th. Atleast once I have beaten Lancer 👍
Thanks Sakery! :D

That pitstop I had to laugh. Did you realise I glitched through your car? I was talking with Damu on Skype, and then as we pitted I was like, "I just ran through Sakery's car in the pit, he's gon' be PIIIIIISSED if I get out before him." xD

It was a bit hairy at times racing with Sakery, we'd always rub or bump either in that narrow section of track after Turn 1, then at either the long left-hander or the final section that I always managed to botch up. I was always thinking, "There's gonna be a rage soon... I'm getting hate mail after this...."

I'm glad it was all seen as battling, though. It was good racing on all fronts from everyone.

It was a bit hairy at times racing with Sakery, we'd always rub or bump either in that narrow section of track after Turn 1, then at either the long left-hander or the final section that I always managed to botch up. I was always thinking, "There's gonna be a rage soon... I'm getting hate mail after this...."

I'm glad it was all seen as battling, though. It was good racing on all fronts from everyone.

This was the story of the entire Round at Tokyo; no one hit too hard, it was all just some light bumps, here and there, where one car would understeer, and others would oversteer, and they'd just run out of room. I didn't get a single PM from anyone, this weekend, about any dirty moves, etc., so I'm ready to fix the mistake in points from last week, and move ahead, knowing that everyone did GREAT this weekend, and congratulate and thank everyone for their good conduct this weekend. :)

How come I always miss the clean races? :crazy:

It's you! You're the bad luck charm! :lol: I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

The track was just... easier to use. People made mistakes. Passes were really crazy, because some guys (like me) could really carry momentum out of corners, and some guys held a really tricky line. I couldn't pass damu; he could hold the outside line, better than I could hold the inside. :nervous: I was close, many times, and I even did pass him, once, and then he drafted, got beside me, and braked late, and, again, took the outside line to pass in Turn 1.

And, onwards to this week: Tsukuba MotoGP circuit!

As mentioned before, cnd01 will likely be hosting/running/organizing this weekend, for me. Lap count will be the same as preseason, except that Race 3 will be lengthened 2 more laps.

I'll find the lap count, and post it.

I Won't be taking part in this series anymore. :) I'll try to salvage what's left of the relationship between Mel and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back