Warhawk • The Official Thread

uh, I will probably be on when I get home, if anyone sets up a game post it up in here... make it small since we probably won't get many members 👍

I swear the controls for the Warhawk's hover mode are slower. I saw a missile turret turn for me and I totally saw it, but the Warhawk was just slow to respond, as if it was stuck in mud.

The Warhawks need ejection seats.

The Warhawks need ejection seats.
Agreed. When I am about to die I instinctively hit the dismount button but get the "Dismount Prohibited" message. If I want to jump to my death then let me jump to my death.

Hi all, I just got warhawk last week...and I have a couple of questions:

Is there only one server or different ones for different PSN's?

How do I get my Bluetooth headset to work?

How do I get the update patch?

The different dedicated servers I've seen available after searching for "All" servers are for Europe, America and I think Australia and/or Asia.

The patch should automatically install when you start up the game. To make sure you have the version, on the Warhawk Start screen there should be a "v1.1" number on the bottom of the screen.

Hi all, I just got warhawk last week...and I have a couple of questions:
There are links to answer just about all these questions on the first post of this thread, but here is a copy of some of them that might help you:

Is there only one server or different ones for different PSN's?
Multiple Servers, including each person's own PS3, but I believe everyone around the world has access to them.

How do I get my Bluetooth headset to work?
Follow the instructions in the manual on how to assign a Bluetooth device to your PS3.

How do I get the update patch?
Start the game and it will prompt you.

Speaking of servers, I just noticed in the Warhawk FAQ is says you can host a game on your PS3 while still playing another game. 👍

There are links to answer just about all these questions on the first post of this thread, but here is a copy of some of them that might help you:

Multiple Servers, including each person's own PS3, but I believe everyone around the world has access to them.

Follow the instructions in the manual on how to assign a Bluetooth device to your PS3.

Start the game and it will prompt you.

Speaking of servers, I just noticed in the Warhawk FAQ is says you can host a game on your PS3 while still playing another game. 👍

Thank you for the help, hope to see you all in a game soon;)

I have a problem, everytime I start Warhawk it says: "Network error, signed out of PSN"??? Also, havent been prompted for update???
Is your PS3 online? Are you logged into the PSN? Make sure you aren't having network issues.

Tried restarting the console? It done that to me until I restarted the console and re-entered the game.

Restarted, still shows a connection error when I get to warhawk intro screen (just as it is suppose to do the update I presume?) Worked this afternoon???

Odd... Unless it was a coincidence my update started after rebooting the console. I did get that exact error and would not go away.

Do you use a wireless router? Tried rebooting that?

I have done some investigation... there are some issues with the PSN right now. Try to update again a little later.

Everyone is being signed out of the network in a game currently, so you'll have to wait until they finish whatever they are doing.

G.T
I have done some investigation... there are some issues with the PSN right now. Try to update again a little later.

I've also seen this all over the net as we speak, people are getting COD4 errors the whole time, same code "80028ED6"...guess its a PSN problem at the moment, well have to just try again tomorrow as I am GMT+2:crazy:

Something is definitely up. I posted a few hours ago in the System Update thread on how the online User Guide has been unavailable all day, and the PSN stores have been loading very slowly! It could be any number of things, including the weekly PSN store updates.

Something is definitely up. I posted a few hours ago in the System Update thread on how the online User Guide has been unavailable all day, and the PSN stores have been loading very slowly! It could be any number of things, including the weekly PSN store updates.
I had the same issues last night. The PS Stores updated very late and I got kicked off the PSN, even just running Folding@Home. Oddly, it still connected with everything else. Like Folding had no problem showing CPUs on the map/getting new work units and my Internet Browser worked, but I kept getting kicked off the PSN. So I just left and went out.

At around 9:00-9:30pm ET I got home and the Store was updated and I stayed online, but everything seemed slow, which made the uploading times while playing DiRT take forever. That could have been a combination of things though, incuding that during the 45 minutes I played DiRT I also downloaded about 15mb of a video from the Store.

I think there was some kind of big change. I haven't watched it yet but I thought them adding a trailer for the PSN seemed odd, unless it was making changes.

anyone up for a death match rotation tonight?
Hang on, let me look at schedule:

8-5 work
5-6 haircut
6-7 drive home
7-8 doing something with my wife
8-? wife out to dinner with a friend

Yep, looks like I am free after 8:00.

Are we just going to do Deathmatch or are we going to mix in zones, TDM, and CTF as well?

whatever gets us the most members, I still don't know if the TV will be commandeered when I get home but if not I want to kill GTP members

I've now played the game for bout 4 hours and I must say...I've still got a looong way to go before I get close to anyone out there...havent even made one kill with my warhawk! Only 2 kills this far, both with the anti-aircraft turrets...

who is mr unique??
A total noob, even worse than me. -1 points FTL.

I've now played the game for bout 4 hours and I must say...I've still got a looong way to go before I get close to anyone out there...havent even made one kill with my warhawk! Only 2 kills this far, both with the anti-aircraft turrets...
Don't feel bad, I suck in a Warhawk. I had to learn some more strategies in the Warhawk before I managed to get my Warhawk Recruiting ribbon this past weekend so I could rank up.

Run your own offline game on your own system and practice blowing stuff up with the Warhawk. Drive around in the vehicles. I actually did this and set up a kind of obstacle course by putting up tanks and jeeps and whatnot and practiced using different weapons and learning their effectiveness against each. You learn how much damage each does and if you need to put machine guns into the mix.

To get my ribbon I needed I had to get a vehicle and a troop kill using a Warhawk. I quickly realized that a TOW missile is a good one-hit kill weapon for all of these things, but I sucked at using it from a distance. Either I was bad at it or hitting a small target like that is all around difficult. When I tried using it in battle I usually just wound up hitting a base and hoping I was lucky enough to have someone out in the open. I learned that going in with it armed and launching it from the closest possible safe distance resulted in a quick kill, and in the case of my ribbon, you tended to kill multiple targets in the area. I was shooting at a jeep but got a jeep and two troops nearby.

Once you feel you have your controls and maps down decently enough then you can jump in some games. You don't have to be an expert. And don't go straight for a ranked server. Join in an unranked game with a few people, like 8, and learn there. It doesn't hurt your stats and you learn as you go. Plus, without so many people you have room to breathe. You get time to use sniper rifles and binoculars, you can use a Warhawk without three turrets firing on you while another Warhawk comes after you. And then before choosing a game on the right there is a little box with info about that game. There is a maximum rank limit. Find one limited to sergeant or something. That way you are guaranteed to be playing against people without a lot of ranking up experience. You might get a few guys that think it is fun to purposely avoid ranked servers so that they can keep their ranks down and hunt noobs, but not many, and then as you gain skill you find you can take them on.

Right now I can do well in team-based games, but I am horrible at deathmatches and dogfights. I pick and choose my battles and don't jump in where I am weakest.

And in the words of landseeair, while in a one-on-one deathmatch, "Where is Sold Fro? He's good No offense to you of course." :lol: We aren't all great and we all started out with our problems.

Personal game note: I thought for sure Chief Sergeant required 2,000 points, but when I got my ribbon I saw it requires 2,500. I am couple of hundred points short. I expecetd to jump two ranks when I got my Warhawk Recruiting ribbon. Oh well, I have about two or three ranks that I need points for only and then I need a Bandit 4x4 ribbon. Does killing someone with the mounted machine gun count as a kill with a 4x4 or do I have to run them over? I've managed three in one round, but I need 5. I guess it is time to get out of the tank.

Latest Posts

Back