Warhawk • The Official Thread

but it came out wrong!! honest!!

it's not what it looks like :dopey:

to be fair you got a large number of very good kills in 👍

but it came out wrong!! honest!!

it's not what it looks like :dopey:

to be fair you got a large number of very good kills in 👍
No biggie. It made a good warm up for me to jump into a ranked game and get that elusive ribbon.

Every now and then a good one-on-one game is fun.

Unless it is a noob who kicks you from his server because you killed him three times in a row (not referring to you). I checked my personal stats and I think I have 6 kicks. Granted one was a guy trying to pad his points. I bet once he realized that you also have to get certain awards to rank up he had a fit. "What, you mean I have to actually show I have skill?"

A total noob, even worse than me. -1 points FTL.

Don't feel bad, I suck in a Warhawk. I had to learn some more strategies in the Warhawk before I managed to get my Warhawk Recruiting ribbon this past weekend so I could rank up.

Run your own offline game on your own system and practice blowing stuff up with the Warhawk. Drive around in the vehicles. I actually did this and set up a kind of obstacle course by putting up tanks and jeeps and whatnot and practiced using different weapons and learning their effectiveness against each. You learn how much damage each does and if you need to put machine guns into the mix.

To get my ribbon I needed I had to get a vehicle and a troop kill using a Warhawk. I quickly realized that a TOW missile is a good one-hit kill weapon for all of these things, but I sucked at using it from a distance. Either I was bad at it or hitting a small target like that is all around difficult. When I tried using it in battle I usually just wound up hitting a base and hoping I was lucky enough to have someone out in the open. I learned that going in with it armed and launching it from the closest possible safe distance resulted in a quick kill, and in the case of my ribbon, you tended to kill multiple targets in the area. I was shooting at a jeep but got a jeep and two troops nearby.

Once you feel you have your controls and maps down decently enough then you can jump in some games. You don't have to be an expert. And don't go straight for a ranked server. Join in an unranked game with a few people, like 8, and learn there. It doesn't hurt your stats and you learn as you go. Plus, without so many people you have room to breathe. You get time to use sniper rifles and binoculars, you can use a Warhawk without three turrets firing on you while another Warhawk comes after you. And then before choosing a game on the right there is a little box with info about that game. There is a maximum rank limit. Find one limited to sergeant or something. That way you are guaranteed to be playing against people without a lot of ranking up experience. You might get a few guys that think it is fun to purposely avoid ranked servers so that they can keep their ranks down and hunt noobs, but not many, and then as you gain skill you find you can take them on.

Right now I can do well in team-based games, but I am horrible at deathmatches and dogfights. I pick and choose my battles and don't jump in where I am weakest.

And in the words of landseeair, while in a one-on-one deathmatch, "Where is Sold Fro? He's good No offense to you of course." :lol: We aren't all great and we all started out with our problems.

Personal game note: I thought for sure Chief Sergeant required 2,000 points, but when I got my ribbon I saw it requires 2,500. I am couple of hundred points short. I expecetd to jump two ranks when I got my Warhawk Recruiting ribbon. Oh well, I have about two or three ranks that I need points for only and then I need a Bandit 4x4 ribbon. Does killing someone with the mounted machine gun count as a kill with a 4x4 or do I have to run them over? I've managed three in one round, but I need 5. I guess it is time to get out of the tank.

WOW, thank you very much for all the advice:tup: Will definately use it!

I went on a ****ing rampage tonight. I got my Warhawk Rifle badge. 1000 kills with 10 in a row. I feel sorry for the nubs on the other end of my rifle.

I went on a ****ing rampage tonight. I got my Warhawk Rifle badge. 1000 kills with 10 in a row. I feel sorry for the nubs on the other end of my rifle.
Yeah, I checked your profile last night, I feel sorry for anyone not on your team. 96+ hours? Dude, when do you sleep? And I swear the only ribbon you don't have is the Special Ops, which is understandable as who the hell is going to get 5 sniper kills, a binocular kill, and a knife kill in one round without screwing every other stat??

I'm' curious, do you spend more time on foot or in a vehicle? And I notice you usually jump on the large, 32 player servers. How do you keep up with your ammo and any vehicle you want to have? Anything bigger than a medium, 24 player game and I have to basically have to rush a jeep or tank, or any of the more powerful weapons, as soon as the round starts or just do without unless I happen upon one.

Hmmm, I've not played Warhawk for about a week now. I may eventually come back to this game, maybe when they release some new maps and content, but COD4 is really addicting at the moment... I've put 25+ hours into it in the last 5 days! :P

G.T
Hmmm, I've not played Warhawk for about a week now. I may eventually come back to this game, maybe when they release some new maps and content, but COD4 is really addicting at the moment... I've put 25+ hours into it in the last 5 days! :P

That is the case with me as well. CoD4 is really addictive, and I havent played Warhawk since I bought it. Also, I bought Uncharted and its been eating up my time as well.

See, I just got DiRT last week from Gamefly and I was playing that and not Warhawk until I saw Land Sea Air suggest a game of Warhawk last week. I haven't put DiRT back in since.

Yeah, I checked your profile last night, I feel sorry for anyone not on your team. 96+ hours? Dude, when do you sleep? And I swear the only ribbon you don't have is the Special Ops, which is understandable as who the hell is going to get 5 sniper kills, a binocular kill, and a knife kill in one round without screwing every other stat??

Actually, I sleep a lot. I will be starting a second job pretty soon, so I may not be on as much as I used to be.

I'm' curious, do you spend more time on foot or in a vehicle? And I notice you usually jump on the large, 32 player servers. How do you keep up with your ammo and any vehicle you want to have? Anything bigger than a medium, 24 player game and I have to basically have to rush a jeep or tank, or any of the more powerful weapons, as soon as the round starts or just do without unless I happen upon one.

As soon as the round begins (specifically Zones), I jump into a Warhawk and get to the next zone quickly as possible. Don't worry about weapons, get them at the next zone. All you really need is a rifle and a few grenades.

Warhawk expansion in December, new night time map, updated maps, 7-player dropship with weapons!

Operation: Omega Dawn

New Warhawk™ downloadable pack coming to PLAYSTATION®Network this December
Announcing Operation: Omega Dawn
Get a brand new map and a new aircraft: the awesome KT-424 Combat Dropship. All this in one download from PLAYSTATION®Network
The battle began this August when Warhawk™ went online on PLAYSTATION®Network (PSN). Since then, the fighting has spanned the globe as PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) gamers of all nationalities battle for supremacy in this world of multiplayer military confrontation. Whether you’re fending for yourself or enlisting in a team of Eucadian or Chernovan forces to wage war on foot, at the controls of a tank or from the cockpit of the fearsome Warhawk, there’s non-stop action ahead in Warhawk – and it’s about to get even better with the PSN release of Operation: Omega Dawn, the first downloadable Warhawk expansion pack exclusively available from PLAYSTATION®Store. Operation: Omega Dawn delivers a new gameplay experience that expands the title’s strategic gameplay elements by offering a new world to explore and introducing a unique aircraft to the Warhawk universe: the awesome KT-424 Combat Dropship.
With Operation: Omega Dawn, the war between the Eucadians and the Chernovans forces continues as the two countries fight to control the high-tech facilities of a critical new battlefield – the Omega Factory. The battle takes place in an entirely new world - an industrial night-time setting where players will fight through five new layouts of advanced building complexes and huge industrial towers. The new map supports all existing game modes – including Team Deathmatch, Zone Mode and Capture the Flag – and is the largest combat zone to date for Warhawk!
But that’s not all; no new battlefield would be complete without a new piece of kit, and Operation: Omega Dawn comes complete with a serious toy which will enhance the already intense Warhawk experience: the KT-424 Combat Dropship. You’ll activate the vehicle once you gain control of one of the many weapons factories on the world; once you have it, you’re in charge of an advanced aircraft capable of carrying seven soldiers and a ground vehicle at once. The KT-424 Combat Dropship transports 1 pilot, 6 soldiers and 1 ground vehicle; and features a deadly new weapon – the MBEC-3 Heavy Support Cannon. You’ll have loads of opportunity to take full advantage of the new KT-424 Combat Dropship because the new world is full of vertical gameplay which integrates ship decks, raised platforms, and factory rooftops accessible only by airborne deployment.
Are you ready for Operation: Omega Dawn? Only the fiercest, most visionary and most disciplined teams of soldiers can hope to carry the day. We’ll see you there – locked and loaded - on PSN this December.
Operation: Omega Dawn pack features:
Set at night for added impact and tension, the Operation: Omega Dawn pack for Warhawk™ features an enhanced level of teamwork, tactics and coordinated aerial assaults with the new KT-424 Combat Dropship.
* Omega Factory battlefield includes 5 new map layouts featuring advanced building complexes and huge industrial towers.
* KT-424 Combat Dropship transports 1 pilot, 6 soldiers and 1 ground vehicle; and features a deadly new weapon – the MBEC-3 Heavy Support Cannon.
* The 5 large layouts from the original battlefields have been modified to include the KT-424 Combat Dropship.
* All this in one single download from PLAYSTATION Network this December

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=742

I can has xpansionz for teh Warhawkz?

I can has jeep from teh Warhawkz?

Gah I wish this was all free, I just don't have a credit card at all to purchase these things from the PS store...

Warhawk at night is going to be awesome, I wonder if we'll get some updated weapons to cope with the night such as night vision scopes or thermal goggles. Something tells me the dropship is going to look like an evil pissed off zeppelin.

It'd be cool if they'd look like the dropships from early game renderings.

No, that's a capital ship. A dropship would launch from a capital ship, like the Pelicans in Halo.

Gah I wish this was all free, I just don't have a credit card at all to purchase these things from the PS store...

Warhawk at night is going to be awesome, I wonder if we'll get some updated weapons to cope with the night such as night vision scopes or thermal goggles. Something tells me the dropship is going to look like an evil pissed off zeppelin.

It'd be cool if they'd look like the dropships from early game renderings.

I don't think thats Warhawk, I remember seeing that screen in a video and thinking the same thing but I think it's actually for a Final Fantasy style game 👍

However the early videos for Warhawk did show an open sea based level with large air battleships that we haven't seen since :ouch:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/11326.html

Go to the 53 second mark and I believe that is the dropship.

I hope they can add destructible environments, the old builds of Warhawk had it.
Ah yes, I remember old videos of this game with buildings that could be blown up, I guess that would have been in the single player content if it were released. Come to think of it, a lot of these old videos looked quite amazing, the single player missions looked fun. Too bad a lot of what we saw in original builds never got to the final game.

No, that's a capital ship. A dropship would launch from a capital ship, like the Pelicans in Halo.

I guess you're right on that one. I just don't see that being able to carry another vehicle.
I don't think thats Warhawk, I remember seeing that screen in a video and thinking the same thing but I think it's actually for a Final Fantasy style game 👍

However the early videos for Warhawk did show an open sea based level with large air battleships that we haven't seen since :ouch:

Nope, here's an early 2005 warhawk promotional trailer showing that very scene in the picture.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/5844.html

So, over the holiday I picked up a copy of Playstation: The Official Magazine because it had a GT5 article, but in the back it had ten Warhawk tips.

Many were pretty obvious and a couple were something I hadn't thought to try.'

One thing was that it said that when you crouch while using the rifle or handgun you are much more accurate. My only thing is that you are also much slower. So to a couple of you ultra-good players, is it better to crouch and get more high-damage shots in or stand and run so that you aren't getting hit every shot?

I may have to jump into a non-ranked game and try this out.

Crouching would be good for snipers but, nothing else. If you try to take on a user while crouching, you're going to get owned very quickly. The best way to improve accuracy is to get a auto-lock and move the R3 slightly towards the head.

Crouching would be good for snipers but, nothing else. If you try to take on a user while crouching, you're going to get owned very quickly. The best way to improve accuracy is to get a auto-lock and move the R3 slightly towards the head.
I thought so. I just can't figure out why Incognito would suggest crouching with a hand gun or assault rifle, unless they mean when you are behind cover.

Omega Dawn Screen Shots - Gosh they look bloody amazing! When someone at Sony said.. hey lets do Warhawk...... at night..... :crazy::crazy:

I wonder if they wil release a new retail version with the expansion because I havent bough it yet! :indiff:

113283.jpg

113284.jpg

113292.jpg

113275.jpg

113276.jpg

The rest are here..

http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstationstore/warhawk/screenshots/

Robin

I really wonder how easy it is to take out a dropship, how fast they move, etc.

Looking at what all it can hold, basically a squad, it seems like it will completely change CTF games and the score limits will have to be higher. Imagine flying in a fully loaded drop ship with a jeep, unload, grab the flag, and drive out in your own unmined jeep. Or can the dropship carry a jeep with a flag carrier in it?

On the other hand, if taking out a dropship is doable from the ground just imagine the combat points you can get by purposely targetting dropships. BOOM - 7 kills, 14 points, and the message scroll fills with "FoolKiller79(1) - dead guy 1-7."

Look at the pics closely. If the dropship is carrying a vehicle, there are no turrets. Interesting gameplay mechanic.

I hope there is plenty of chaff on board, I presume a missile turret can still take it out.

Oh My God Yes! I'm guessing the dropship will be able to take a lot of hits before going down.

Look at the pics closely. If the dropship is carrying a vehicle, there are no turrets. Interesting gameplay mechanic.
What do you mean no turrets? No turrets on the dropship or no ground turrets because in the shot from Island Outpost (second from bottom in Robin's post) it is carrying a tank and there is flak gun in the foreground and the missile turrent on the hill in the background.

And what kind of changes will this make to rewards and ranking? Will all Warhawk/Nemesis rewards also count when using the dropship?

What do you mean no turrets? No turrets on the dropship or no ground turrets because in the shot from Island Outpost (second from bottom in Robin's post) it is carrying a tank and there is flak gun in the foreground and the missile turrent on the hill in the background.

And what kind of changes will this make to rewards and ranking? Will all Warhawk/Nemesis rewards also count when using the dropship?

Look closely, the dropship doesn't have it's turrets out the sides when it is carrying a vehicle.

Latest Posts

Back