Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,448 comments
Did it like @Famine suggested. 3rd gear only works. Stock car except dirt tires. Even got the CRB. :D

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240405141517.jpg

I admit that I was too busy this past week to even play GT7 at all, so I missed this past week. But here were the cars I plan to use for this week's challenges - if I get around to them.

Special Event - Renault 4
European Sunday Cup 500 - Audi TT (2nd-gen)
GT-R Cup - Nissan GT-R (R35) Nismo
Schwarzwald League - Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992)
WTC 900 - Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM

Is it a turbo for the Chiron? Because that engine goes into a bunch of other cars... :cheers:
Meh, I don't engine swap.

Currently I am trying to "save" for the last four LCDs I need.... totaling 73mil with three of them coming around in about a month. :( No way will I be able to get them all but two would've been nice. So, credits would've been appreciated. But, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :banghead:

Some of my favourite cars are engine-swapped...

4C Italia with 458 Italia engine.
F40 with Enzo engine.
Mazda3 and Atenza Gr.3 Road Car both with 787B engine.

And so many more great swaps! You could easily win four of five of these races with a really fun car with an engine swap...
That's fair. It's just not a part of the game I am interested in exploring at the moment. My goal now is to get all the cars. Once I do that and have money to burn I'll start buying duplicates of stuff and dropping new engines in. :cheers:

Been running race 2 with a car I'd never used before, the Giulia '67. Bought a new one to start completely stock, built a wide body car with wide rims later for the looks, fiddled a lot with tires and turbos ... but couldn't finish better than 3rd. I not once got in touch with the two leading cars. Could have settled down with that podium but I just didn't want to throw in the towel like that. Since racing the car was a lot of fun actually, I gave it one more try and after mounting racing exhaust and crank shaft, the Alfa finally was quick enough to win.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240405190748.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240405192827.jpg

And hey, what was more is, I fell in love with the Giulia today ... what a nice little thing this is.

Last edited:
Been running race 2 with a car I'd never used before, the Giulia '67. Bought a new one to start completely stock, built a wide body car with wide rims later for the looks, fiddled a lot with tires and turbos ... but couldn't finish better than 3rd. I not once got in touch with the two leading cars. Could have settled down with that podium but I just didn't want to throw in the towel like that. Since racing the car was a lot of fun actually, I gave it one more try and after mounting racing exhaust and crank shaft, the Alfa finally was quick enough to win this race.

View attachment 1343757View attachment 1343758

And hey, what was more is, I fell in love with the Giulia today ... what a nice little thing this is.
I've always loved that car!!

My cars for the first three races. Had to restart the R4 race with a little mild tuning to get the win. The other two stormed it easily.

20830004895672014.jpg

As odd as it can be, the Renault special event is actually fun.

So far I've done the Renault one make and the european sunday cup.

European Sunday Cup - Golf Gti 83
View attachment 1343637
One Make Special Event - Renault 4.
View attachment 1343638

Ticket received without any problem.
Hey, is there a special reason for that license plate on the Golf ? Just asking, because BB means Böblingen, a city only about 40 km from where I live. :dopey:

Last edited:
Completed the weekly challenges today for both of my accounts (NA & EMEA). i do have some observations . . .
1. With a stock Renault the best I could achieve was 3rd (several race attempts). Do we have to modify the car in order to achieve a victory?
2. WTC900 GR.2 race, used the new GT-One on fuel map 6 and performed a non-stop race BUT came to the conclusion that this car is no match for the rest of the GR 2 class. I ran away from the rest of the field in this race and started a theory. Off to Fuji=same results, Circuit de Sainte-Croix=same results, finally the test track=same results. Anyone else see this? This car seems more at home with GR.1. A race against GR.1 at Spa cars put me 4th (with a normal effort).

What do you think? Am I crazy?

Hey, is there a special reason for that license plate on the Golf ? Just asking, because BB means Böblingen, a city only about 40 km from where I live. :dopey:

No specific reasons at all, I just searched for "German License Plate" and chose that one.

But knowing the meaning of the letters just increases its cool level. 😃

From now on I'll try to know more details about the licenses plates I put on my cars. 😎

weekly-challenge-202404w1-cars.jpg

Reused too many cars this week. The Porsche and De Tomaso were both first-time drives, though.

Colorado Springs - I had make a couple attempts at this. On the first one, I drove the R4 stock, but bumped into the wall a few times, losing all my momentum. Couldn't even break out of P8. Decided to make some improvements for the second run, installing the sport computer, sport muffler, and sport air filter. That that was plenty to catch the other cars for an easy win.

Spa - That Mangusta is a fun drive, but a little hard to manage in places. Drove it stock. Easy win.

Dragon Trail - I used the GT-R that I tuned specifically for these races when I was working through the menu books. It was way too much for this race, but all my other allowed cars were 500PP or less. Super easy win.

St Croix - It's been a while since we've had a Tesla race, so I took this Porsche EV out its first drive. I put soft tires on it. It drove like an EV. Easy win.

Autopolis - This took a couple attempts, too. On the first one, I was underdriving the car. I was fuel saving when I didn't need to and just generally taking it easy. It was a dry race. Finished P4. In the second, there was rain. Pitted on lap 6 for IMs and took an easy win.

For the 5-star ticket I won Mustang GT '15 engine. I threw it on the pile of other engines I haven't used yet.

Just finally had time to do the last two weeklies last night.

Porsche VGT - Interlagos

This one was an ok race, but it was so imbalanced. I knew it was going to be, but it's still disappointing to not have a real choice in the end. I started with the Bulgari Roadster, and it's an amazing thing to drive. It's my favorite VGT by a long shot now, but it had no chance of keeping up with the 1000hp cars in front. I ended up using the Porsche, which is fun in its own special "driving a literal rocket" way, but it's not a driver's car like the Bulgari is.

Ferrari 458 - Laguna Seca

GR4s at Laguna Seca was much more fun. I recently made a livery for this 458 to use in the Autopolis TT, and it worked well here against its class. I wasn't paying attention the first time and didn't notice tire wear and fuel until I saw a car pit, so I reset and went for a no-stop on hards and took the win by a pretty wide margin. The race ended up being pretty fun running in fuel map 3-4. It kept the pace pretty even and had to work at getting around the AI a bit more than normal.

Completed the weekly challenges today for both of my accounts (NA & EMEA). i do have some observations . . .
1. With a stock Renault the best I could achieve was 3rd (several race attempts). Do we have to modify the car in order to achieve a victory?
No, we don't have to. Victory is absolutely possible with the stock car. You may want to read this page from the very top ... ;)

2. WTC900 GR.2 race, used the new GT-One on fuel map 6 and performed a non-stop race BUT came to the conclusion that this car is no match for the rest of the GR 2 class. I ran away from the rest of the field in this race and started a theory. Off to Fuji=same results, Circuit de Sainte-Croix=same results, finally the test track=same results. Anyone else see this? This car seems more at home with GR.1. A race against GR.1 at Spa cars put me 4th (with a normal effort).

What do you think? Am I crazy?

My opinion is that GT one isn't even close to the rest Gr1 cars .
Its in the middle of nowhere kind of.
I only ride it till now at 700&900pp races in la sarthe.
At 700pp is tragic and there's absolutely no chance to follow Cr1 cars of his kind.
When i start using the old era C1 cars at new 900pp race ill have a full idea of what is what.
Gr2 is where it belongs for sure ,might be fast enough for them but for being in a fight with Gr1 cars there's no way.

Today I came back to the weekly challenge races using it as a strategy to keep me awake untill the qualifying for the F1 Japanese GP starts.

I returned to Spa (european sunday cup) this time with the younger Golf. I had it built with sport level tuning parts and sport hard tyres. Got a win at the last turn.

For the Scharwzwald League at St. Croix I drove a Ruf CTR3 equipped with racing brakes and sport medium tyres. Another quiet win and an enjoyable drive for sure. After that I added the car to the favorites tab.

Everything ran on normal difficulty.

20970511008427632.jpg
20969928472734697.jpg

Last edited:
No I am saying I ran the WTC900 race on FM6 and won by almost 45 seconds. The other races I tested against GR.2 cars had the same results but was fairly equal when racing GR.1 cars.
Well, it all boils down to whether the race has rain or not, and most importantly, what difficulty setting you're on.

When it rained, I was able to win in the GT-ONE, but not by much at all, whilst a dry race was impossible to win.

GT-ONE is just fine in Gr.2, and the Autopolis really highlights its main weakness: cornering. It's very poor compared to the GT500 with their short wheelbases and high downforce.

Last edited:
Back