Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,448 comments
It's saturday morning and I got free time to finish the weekly challenge races.

For the WTC900 at Autopolis I drove the BMW F1 Mclaren Gr2 for the first time. FM1, RM. Pit stop at lap 6. Finished P2. I remember when I used the CLK LM at the same event I also didn't grab the W. Maybe these cars are not competitive at it or it's just my driving being bad. (Most likely to be the problem 😂)

Nissan GT-R cup I got a R32 Nismo which was collecting dust in my garage, engine swapped and bought parts up to the racing tier. Every setting remained untouched though. And oh boy, that was an overkill.

However as far as engine swapp things go I'm yet to be caught by its magic. They all seem so artificial, I fail to like them. I like my cars tuned in a relatable and believeable way, if that makes sense. Maybe the problem is me. 🙄
20830090590332994.jpg

The 5 stars ticket gave me 500k for my trouble.

Wait, can we make our own custom license plates?? How? Did not know this!
Yep. You can do a whole lot of things in the livery editor. I have several different plate templates, fonts and registration decals for them on top of piles of other decals saved from the community.

06F899F5-933D-4F10-BFD2-8FBF4B8BDFFB.jpeg

490BB20F-4EEB-468C-8A73-58B2A40A558D.jpeg

A3E0DC3F-0D1D-4F8D-9D5A-BE3025850551.jpeg

I was going to post a few more, but GTP all of the sudden started saying these file extensions aren't allowed... even trying to select photos I've already used.

Ok everybody, here's number next :
Race 3 ..... isn't a race at all, it's something like Skyline showcasing. :lol: If you go with the 700 PP restriction, there's no challenge to be found in this.
Not saying I didn't have racing here - quite the contrary, racing's been very intense to say the least, hard pushing from the start to the finish line. Because I wanted it this way ! :dopey:
My car's been the R34 Nür '02, stock settings mostly, with wider wheels and aero parts and a custom ECU, a racing exhaust and a racing crank shaft being the only performance upgrades. 550 PP. Enough to win this.
Had the best race at my 5th attempt, battling Ordonez for more than half a lap side by side, trading positions and trading paint. And just to be clear, Lucas "traded" more than I did. That's why I got the CRB on top. :lol: It's been great .....

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240406161905.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240406163215.jpg

Btw I found some fun in starting out with the stock car and upgrading it step by step. Guess I'll take the same approach for the St. Croix event. Saw a green RUF CTR3 '07 at the UCD. :D

Last edited:
Yep. You can do a whole lot of things in the livery editor. I have several different plate templates, fonts and registration decals for them on top of piles of other decals saved from the community.

View attachment 1344011

View attachment 1344012

View attachment 1344015

I was going to post a few more, but GTP all of the sudden started saying these file extensions aren't allowed... even trying to select photos I've already used.

Wow, this game really has a LOT to it. Will try to recreate some of my own cars in the game with the right license plate.

View attachment 1344011

View attachment 1344012

View attachment 1344015

Your Mk7 is sick!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥

I used:

Coloradio Springs - Renault 4, mine is modded so no issues here, won it despite ending up on my roof near the end of the 2nd lap
Spa - Clio Trophy 250 '15 @ 466pp. This was good fun
Dragon Trail - GT-R NIMSO '17 @664pp - stock bar racing tyres, was a bit of aandful until you figure out only do 1 thing at a time, went well after that
St Croix - Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16 @ 699pp, waay too mch as it turned out, but didn't have a suitable lower rated car
Autopolis - Sauber C9 '89 @862pp. FM6, RM tyres. No stop, was able to turn fuel up around lap 7 or 8.

Won an Aston Martin VGT from the 5* ticket, which will sit unused like most of the others...

This week's weapons of choice:
Colorado Springs was fun. It was like racing some REALLY grassroots type back in the day. lol Fun win with my lightly modded 43hp R4.
Colorado Springs - Lake_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Had to make Spa fun so my Batmobile on SS was a win with a 5 sec. margin.
Spa 24h layout__2 by 2cam16, on Flickr
Nothing like some Skyline Spec race. I'm going to play around with this maybe with some Hakosuka of mine. Ran my Reebok R32 and won the race on lap 4.
Dragon Trail - Gardens__1 by 2cam16, on Flickr
St. Croix was the debut race of my RUF that I had yet to use.
Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B_ (8) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Autopolis was a repeat of my last win in this series with the R5.
Autopolis International Racing Course_ (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
And what did I win with the ticket? $100k. :ouch:

Autopolis - Mazda VGT. I'd go for something more challenging, but I don't really have time to redo the race if I goof up.
Dragon Trail - GT-R32 V-spec II
St Croix - My trusty AMG GT R
Spa - Ferrari F40 - I worked for it, so I'm gonna use it!
Coloradio Springs - As usual, the most fun race. I took first, but not without flipping the car first...

Attachments

• Colorado Springs - Lake_.jpeg
    Colorado Springs - Lake_.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
last two races completed, used two new purchases for the first time. the ctr3 at st. croix, not as bad as I expected. For autopolis I used the xjr-9, felt like I could only get onto full throttle maybe 50% of the lap, just a crazy machine I will have to test it at le mans and daytona soon.

This week's weapons of choice:
Colorado Springs was fun. It was like racing some REALLY grassroots type back in the day. lol Fun win with my lightly modded 43hp R4.
Colorado Springs - Lake_ by 2cam16, on Flickr
Had to make Spa fun so my Batmobile on SS was a win with a 5 sec. margin.
Spa 24h layout__2 by 2cam16, on Flickr
Nothing like some Skyline Spec race. I'm going to play around with this maybe with some Hakosuka of mine. Ran my Reebok R32 and won the race on lap 4.
Dragon Trail - Gardens__1 by 2cam16, on Flickr
St. Croix was the debut race of my RUF that I had yet to use.
Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B_ (8) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Autopolis was a repeat of my last win in this series with the R5.
Autopolis International Racing Course_ (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
And what did I win with the ticket? $100k. :ouch:
Very nice liveries and pics mate :)

Another (mostly) nice set of races. The first one on the rally track was really enjoyable in that car, I was surprised! Autopolis is a track I'm not keen on, but won by using fuel management and not pitting.
Won Cr. 100k, 250k and a 5-star ticket which produced a Mustang Gr 3 Road Car, which I sold.
These weekly races are a great addition, glad they're here!

My 5-star ticket produced a stage 5 weight reduction for the Nismo GTR, a car that I didn’t own… 🙁

But I instead chose happiness and bought the car! 🙂 The stage5 WR is worth 300 grand so that ticket was quite good after all. And I was quite happy to not win that Citroën invite for the fifth time or so, which was really close.

Beautiful car, and that way I also got to use that darn carbon shaft I’ve had lying around in my garage collecting dust since forever…

Last edited:
So this week's challenges, here we go.

Race 1 - Renault 4 rally event.
This was surprisingly fun! I tried racing with the stock car with dirt tires but the best I could do was P2, so I did some light tune (just an air filter and a sports ECU) and got the W. It's incredible how fun can be a race with such underpowered cars! Gonna have to convince a friend of mine to do the same with his R4, a real one!
20970208637077300.jpg

Race 2 - EU Clubman Cup @ Spa
For this race I brought a 2015 Clio RS with my old Williams livery that I had made in GT Sport. Stock car with SH tires and nothing more, it was a fun race where I also managed to get a CRB. First drive for the Clio in GT7, will use it again.
20970984023476370.jpg

Race 3 - Nissan GTR Cup @ Dragon Trail Gardens
For this one I used my 700pp Le Mans grinder Skyline R32 V-Spec II, which is basically now a fully fledged Gr.A touring car. Still unswapped! It was absolute overkill, this car is unstoppable, took me a few tries to get a CRB because I can't keep concentration but in the end I did manage to. Love this car.
20970776363462840.jpg

Race 4 - Schwarzwald League @ St.Croix B
For this race I decided to try some hybrid management tips I read on the internet a couple days ago and thus raced with my 700pp 918 Spyder. It worked, I still had battery charge available when the race finished, so making progress on that side. The car drives like a dream, I have to say.
20970775635562729.jpg

Still have to do Autopolis, gonna try the GT-One that I just bought.

Can't agree more, this one is really fun !!

My R4 is full stock (except a classy "Parisienne" livery) and I can't do better than 3rd but with so much fun, and so much joy that I really don't look at my final position.

I reduced it to Easy (usually on Hard) - left it stock.

Agree though, probably best rally race so far. Can't stand dirt usually.

Felt more controllable (probably due to car involved...) and was good honest fun experience for once on dirt!

For this race I decided to try some hybrid management tips I read on the internet a couple days ago and thus raced with my 700pp 918 Spyder. It worked, I still had battery charge available when the race finished, so making progress on that side. The car drives like a dream, I have to say.
20970775635562729.jpg

Still have to do Autopolis, gonna try the GT-One that I just bought.
Mind sharing the hybrid battery management tips that worked for you?

I failed miserably at Autopolis WTC900 with all the LMP Gr. 1/2 type cars, I did not have any set up well for a low speed track. Lexus RC F GT500 end up being good enough for 2nd.

Last edited:
Used the RUF CTR3 '07 ( stock ) for the Schwarzwald League race.
The CTR3 is a hidden gem if you ask me.

I've loved this car since my Driveclub days.
You've been very convincing, mate ... and yes, it's a wonderful car, a pleasure to drive as soon as you've got the hang of it, and fast as hell. Even after downgrading to a lower tire grade ( SH ) which turns the car into a handful and 85 % ECU output, the RUF was too fast to be beaten. No trouble at all to place first on St. Croix.
What I didn't like about the event was the AI, which was outright "dirty" imo. Many many incidents that made them look extremely bad. :yuck:
Anyway, here's the winning car :

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240407133718.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240407135518.jpg

:cheers:

Last edited:
Used the RUF CTR3 '07 ( stock ) for the Schwarzwald League race.

You've been very convincing, mate ... and yes, it's a wonderful car, a pleasure to drive as soon as you've got the hang of it, and fast as hell. Even after downgrading to a lower tire grade ( SH ) which turns the car into a handful and 85 % ECU output, the RUF was too fast to be beaten. No trouble at all to place first on St. Croix.
What I didn't like about the event was the AI, which was outright "dirty" imo. Many many incidents that made them look extremely bad. :yuck:
Anyway, here's the winning car :

View attachment 1344379View attachment 1344380

:cheers:

Glad you liked it! 😎

I keep thinking to myself that some very expensive and highly regarded cars in the game are just over hyped, while on the other hand less talked cars and even less talked brands are not getting the same love. That's the case for the CTR3.

Another car I don't see many people talking about is the Pagani Huyara. Even though its acess is behind an invitation ticket.

Just saying it's worth a try.... Just saying... 😅

Glad you liked it! 😎

I keep thinking to myself that some very expensive and highly regarded cars in the game are just over hyped, while on the other hand less talked cars and even less talked brands are not getting the same love. That's the case for the CTR3.

Another car I don't see many people talking about is the Pagani Huyara. Even though its acess is behind an invitation ticket.

Just saying it's worth a try.... Just saying... 😅
I LOVE my Huayra. I've got it tuned up for the WTC800 race at Sardegna. An absolute rocket ship, and loads of fun. Using a Praiano tune...

20829444875234700.jpg

Last edited:
Race 1 - R4 GTL '85 - didn't expect so enjoyable drive in this car in those conditions, but it was amazing race. It would be even nicer if I won, but second place was also good. Got 100k ticket.

18eb9e5649021-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 2 - Mangusta '69 - iconic track and maybe unusual car pick - same as I did with CTR3 few weeks ago and now many are using it... Know the track too well to do anything else but win. Lot of powerslides with that car.

18eb9e5c78497-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 3 - 400R '95 - put RM and then I had 618PP in 700PP race. Even I didn't drive without mistakes, I came to victory in last lap. Got 200k ticket.

18eb9e5e97090-screenshotUrl.jpg

Back