Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,373 comments
Did the R4 race, Euro 500 and Skyline races last night.

As others have mentioned the R4 race can be done with a stock car with little issue. It actually was more fun than I thought it would be and I ended up doing it three more times just for the heck of it. Pro-tip: with the R4 (or any car for that matter) quickly straightening the wheel right before the crest of the jump will help a lot with not throwing the cars attitude way off.

Did the Euro 500 several times as well. Once with a stock Stratos (only ever wants to powerslide, fun but not fast), the Megane and a D4... I like these lower class races, but SpA is huge and suits more powerful cars in my opinion.

I took my 600+ hp R32 GTR on SH to Dragon Trail, and it was a pretty easy win. I could probably stand to lower the power and even out the field a bit, but 4-wheel power drifts are just too fun to ignore.

Weekly Challenges were fairly easy but enjoyable this week:

Renault One-Make - as others have also said, I had more fun than I expected to with this. As @Famine , I also kept it in 3rd the entire way for a fairly straightforward win. With last week's Urus event and this one, I'm enjoying the dirt races more :)

Sunday Cup 500 (Spa) - Had a blast on this race with a '72 Alpine A110 tuned at exactly 500pp. I was neck-and-neck with AI for the entire 2nd half of lap 2, finally passing him on the final chicane for the win. I don't think I've ever had this tight a race with the AI before.

GT-R Cup (Dragon Trail) - Ran this with the 400R '95 and it was a cakewalk. Took over 1st on lap 2 and didn't look back

Shwarzwald League (St. Croix) - I hadn't run this track in a while, and I enjoyed coming back to it. Used the Porsche 918 Spyder '13 for a fairly straightforward win

WTC 900 (Autopolis) - This was the most challenging of the races by far. Used the NSX-Concept-GT '16. Regretted it about 3 laps in but powered on. Not sure if it was the tune or what, but it was suffering from oversteer and a tendency to wheel spin due to too much torque. Had to employ a lot of short shifting. 1-stop w/pit after lap 5 and held on for a fairly close win. I may go back and try this with a couple of other cars, perhaps the Audi RS 5 (maybe my favorite Gr.2 car or the NSX GT 500 (or both).

Sunday night, I had time for a gaming session as usual and I came back for more European Sunday Cup runs.

I bought parts for 3 more "little" cars and ran them at it. Parts bought up to the sport tier, except for a couple of anti lag system and racing crank shafts (both pieces are semi racing).
18ebaff9ebe69-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_438408736355449_1712534126388~2.jpg
20829811296277386.jpg

The DS3 is turbo lagged big time. Even with the anti lag system. Maybe a little tweak on the gears and the ECU I can solve this? The Peugeot also has some lagging. Much less than the ugly DS3, and it is a fun ride.

The Mini is my favorite of them all. Simple, direct, fast, no issues and no surprises. It lacks HP and I ended up applying weight reduction up to level 3 to compensate that.

Well...here's what I used for the weeklies this time around (PSVR2 + hard AI as always)

Screenshot_2024-04-08-00-57-44-549.jpeg

• For the first event I used my moderately modified Renault R4 from a few weeks ago, was very glad to see an off-road race for it!
  • For the next race I decided to use something a bit different, so I whipped out an '05 mini cooper for fun, was able to take the lead near the end of lap 2, sport hard tyres were used and was lightly modified.
  • Race 3 well, I saw that GT-R cup races had expanded their eligible vehicle list to finally include the classic skylines, and i thought bugger it, I'm bringing in the kenmeri GT-R, so I heavily tuned it to a reasonable pp level for the event and went to town, just about nabbed the win halfway through the fnial lap
  • NOW...THIS RACE WAS A DOOZY...I wanted to SO BADLY WIN THIS RACE THAT I WOULDNT POST THESE RESULTS UNTIL I DID SO, I tried everything, but I still kept sports soft tyres max and keeps finishing about 2nd-4th area for a whole night...decided to sleep on itnand come back anither day - and then i realised there was an upgrade i hadnt yet bought for the car (this thing is FULLY upgraded) - a nitro system - and this turned things around, as well as rerolling event entries to eventually get one without the AMG-GT black and the newest Porsche GT3 RS, and then that was that, I took the lead finally by the main straight of the 3rd lap and held it for as long as I could.
  • With that out of the way I felt like I could settle down and not stress myself too much, so I chose a Gr1 car to get this race over with, didn't even care about the end result (got spun on lap 5 and didn't get first, but oh well) - this was the one time I didn't mind not getting first, I'm terrible at Autopolis and ESPECIALLY in fast vehicles....and I wanted an excuse to use a VGT somewhere :lol:
The 5✨ ticket gave me a SLS AMG GT3... which I already have... however the daily 4✨ ended my 2 year long TORMENT, in which it finally relented and gave me a bugatti invite, so now my collection is complete, 497/497 as of the march update...and admittedly this was why I've been doing these weeklies to begin with...trying desperately for nearly ⅓ of a year for this blasted invite...

but now that's done...I'm not sure what else to say now, but I will keep doing the weeklies for a bit longer for fun and continue posting my vehicle rosters...and one last photo to end this ramble

18ebb1a8c7099-screenshotUrl.png

Last edited:
I see a few of you have used the 400R at Croatia and that is such a legit combo. That car is perfect for that track and suggested pp. Super enjoyable race. I fell in love with that thing when we had the TT event with it. What an absolute blast. Great power for the weight and superbly balanced. It'll rip a slide but it'll just hang on right at the crispy limit as well. Do recommend.

Add me to the list of people who flipped their Renault 4 on the 2nd lap of the weekly event lol. Recovered just in time to get 1st place by less than a second but I had a racing muffler and air filter along with racing brakes so that definitely helped.
I flipped mine too countless times hahaha
Mind sharing the hybrid battery management tips that worked for you?

I failed miserably at Autopolis WTC900 with all the LMP Gr. 1/2 type cars, I did not have any set up well for a low speed track. Lexus RC F GT500 end up being good enough for 2nd.
Lift off earlier than usual and brake veeeery slowly and lightly, this will increase the amount of time spent recharging and provide more battery. It worked for me but obviously still need to improve on it.

Lift off earlier than usual and brake veeeery slowly and lightly, this will increase the amount of time spent recharging and provide more battery. It worked for me but obviously still need to improve on it.
Ahhh, I was doing the exact opposite thinking it would recharge better (more brake force = more recharge). Will have to try this out.

Come to think of it, are invites more common now? For the first time in probably a year at least, I got a Lamborghini invite. A week later, a Pagani one, and literally the day after, a Ferrari invite.

I see a few of you have used the 400R at Croatia and that is such a legit combo. That car is perfect for that track and suggested pp. Super enjoyable race. I fell in love with that thing when we had the TT event with it. What an absolute blast. Great power for the weight and superbly balanced. It'll rip a slide but it'll just hang on right at the crispy limit as well. Do recommend.
You're telling me! I had so much fun at DT G that I went and completed the rest of the series with it!!

My weekly report:

Special Event at Colorado Springs:Had an easy win with a 326PP R4, no 360° full flip, but trying to...

3 weekies.jpg

Euro Sunday Cup at Spa:Stock 911 Carrera RS(481PP, CS), finished 2nd

Schwarzwald League at Sainte Croix: A swapped BMW 3.0 CSL (669PP, SM) finished 1st

0b55a704a29ed4bb5174a64b84a1b571_thumb_l.jpg

GT-R Cup at Dragon Trail Gardens:A swapped Skyline GT-R 2000(642PP, SM), finished 1st, lots of sliding...

WTC 900 at Autopolis: The XJR-9, with a kompressor(882PP,RH)...that one was tricky, first try with RMs and one stop only got me in 5th, on the second try I wanted to do a no stop race, but forgot to tune down the fuel management and did 1st lap on FM1 and ran out of fuel somewhen in the 2nd half of the final lap on second place,finishing 7th in the end.
On my 3rd attempt I selected FM6 right from the start but still had to look at the fuel gauge for the whole race and do some coasting and gentle driving to get 10laps on FM6, but it worked out, finished 2nd(but almost messed it up when I completly missed my breaking point on turn one in lap 8 and went into the gravel and lost 4 places...)
1 weeklies.jpg

Got an Alfa 4C Group 3 for the 5* Ticket

Last edited:
Finally also completed the final challenge...

WTC900 @ Autopolis
Really wanted to use the GT-One for this race, so I took mine, went with the Praiano tune, and...failed miserably on MANY attempts, mostly because I can't stay focused for more than a couple laps (maybe I have some sort of ADHD, no idea) and usually ended in the grass. Tried multiple strategies, ranging from a FM3 with RM front and RS rear to a non stop with RH and FM6, none worked. Eventually frustration got the best of me and I went full RM and FM1, no regrets, not caring about CRB. And, it worked! Won by 5 seconds, pitted on lap 5 and just kept on racing (on a track I'm also very bad on). It was a great satisfaction indeed.

20970589390042525.jpg

Got two 5* tickets, one from the daily marathon and the other from the weekly challenge; marathon one was 100k, challenge one was 500k, can't complain. There was a Gr.3 WRX in the challenge one, which I don't have, but it's okay.

One more visit to Spa and the European Sunday Cup. Even though it's monday.... 😂

This time I drove again the ugly DS3 and the Peugeot, testing the anti-lag device on both. And the DS3 is a lost case for me. The 208 still is ok, not great though.

Then I picked up the Clio Trophy 2015. For my surprise it was the car that gained more HP when buying sport tier parts. And those numbers were proved on track. It is a fast and nimble little car.

Never thought that a Clio could be a better drive than a Golf.
18ec120632b72-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_438435014997693_1712636777334.jpg

I've finally finished the last race yesterday night. I've had an instant victory, I don't exactly feel proud of it though, it more feels like I didn't deserve it really. I used the GT-One in stock form, planning a no-stop race without having a slight clue about the car's fuel and tire wear. :rolleyes: While my approach actually worked by lowering the fuel map from 2 to 6 over the race ( without rain btw ) and finishing with an empty tank and completely worn out RM tires, it felt as if the game would gift me the win :
At the begin of lap 8, the two leading NISMOs were about 20 sec ahead, they went into the pits at the end of the lap without changing tires and just taking a bit of fuel for the remaining two laps. When I crossed the line for lap 9, I saw them leaving the pits in front of me, still 4 sec away. I wouldn't have had any chance to catch them with my worn tires, however they both pitted again at the end of that lap without doing anything there ... and just let me pass !
Why ? :dunce:

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240408175724.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240408182252.jpg

Ok, I stop complaining. :lol: Looking forward to whatever comes next Friday.

I wouldn't have had any chance to catch them with my worn tires, however they both pitted again at the end of that lap without doing anything there ... and just let me pass !
I've seen similar behaviour with the AI in other races. They will miscalculate how much fuel they take on their first pit and then go in for a second splash of fuel for the final lap instead of just trying to stretch out the fuel they have.

It sounds like maybe you were seeing something else, though, if they didn't take any fuel on those stops. I can only guess that this is some kind of scripted action to give drivers the thrill of a come-from-behind win. 🤷‍♂️

@ROCKET JOE and I've seen them also run out of fuel in the very last sector of the vey last lap.

Go figure 😅
I did a couple runs at Sardegna last night and in one of them the Porsche RSR ran out of fuel on lap 13 and kept rolling at snail pace for the rest of the race! Didn't even stop in for fuel! I know this last bit because I crashed into the back of him shortly after crossing the finish line for the final time and while the results loaded and the AI took over my car it bashed into the Porsche which would have been doing about 15kph down the main straight, well past the pit entry...

The AI are programmed to do some very strange stuff sometimes!

I've finally finished the last race yesterday night. I've had an instant victory, I don't exactly feel proud of it though, it more feels like I didn't deserve it really. I used the GT-One in stock form, planning a no-stop race without having a slight clue about the car's fuel and tire wear. :rolleyes: While my approach actually worked by lowering the fuel map from 2 to 6 over the race ( without rain btw ) and finishing with an empty tank and completely worn out RM tires, it felt as if the game would gift me the win :
At the begin of lap 8, the two leading NISMOs were about 20 sec ahead, they went into the pits at the end of the lap without changing tires and just taking a bit of fuel for the remaining two laps. When I crossed the line for lap 9, I saw them leaving the pits in front of me, still 4 sec away. I wouldn't have had any chance to catch them with my worn tires, however they both pitted again at the end of that lap without doing anything there ... and just let me pass !
Seen this quite often on WTC 800 and 900 races, they will often put slightly too little fuel in then pit again. Sometimes they'll also not change tyres then a lap later think they're worn too much so pit for new ones too.

Seen this quite often on WTC 800 and 900 races, they will often put slightly too little fuel in then pit again. Sometimes they'll also not change tyres then a lap later think they're worn too much so pit for new ones too.
Definitely happens more on the easier settings (Easy and Normal) and less often on Hard. I think they dial down the "stupidity" levels of the AI as you increase the difficulty... 🤣

Aston Martin Valkyrie just can't do a no stop like "Quintin Jehoul" can

View attachment 1344963
This Jehoul guy, he drove me insane. Sometimes he pits on lap 9 with Kawakami, sometimes he goes to the end without pitting. No idea how, why and when, he just does. Thankfully I managed to win this week (my PB on this race was P2) so I won't be around Autopolis for the WTC900 for a while.

Ran a detuned SF car for Autopolis, was gonna no stop it but then it seemed like it was gonna rain so switched to FM1. Didn't end up raining so I still had to pit for fuel after lap 8, thought I wasn't gonna get top 3 and then the first two cars pit after lap 9 and I won lol.

For my 5 star ticket I got a civic engine swap worth like 100k, lol.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back