Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,373 comments
Used the Toyota GT One for the 900 event. Had to try it twice. I missed the weather change on my first attempt and was on RM’s when the rain gauge hit 3/4. Second try was better especially thanks to some questionable pit stops by the AI.

5 star gave me a second Lamborghini I needed for the Bugatti engine swap. 3 star wheel of despair gave me the low prize

Race 4 - SLR McLaren '09 - track I don't know and don't like the layout either. Managed to finish second with only RM upgrade, that gave me 667PP.

18ec73c347281-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 5 - LM55 VGT - after trying with many cars, this one detuned to 898PP was a bingo to my driving style. Started with RM and went to pits at lap 6, changed tires and sipped fuel. It would be easy victory if I hasn't spun two times - just can't keep concentration so long... Got the 5 star ticket and BMW M3 GT '11 from it. I didn't have so it's fine.

18ecc0c102526-screenshotUrl.jpg

Using kudosprime to randomly select my cars for this one:

European Sunday Cup 500 - Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01
American FR Challenge 550 - Dodge Super Bee '70
Plymouth Superbird One-Make - obvious
World Touring Car 600 - Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
World Touring Car 800 - Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges: It’s Good to be King

This week’s new set of Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges is starting to roll out around the globe, becoming available at midnight Thursday in your local time zone, with five new events to tackle over the next seven days and bonus rewards for doing so...

I also have to wonder why PD hasn't set the new Time Trial to start on Friday also, I'm still thrown off by the fact the Time Trial comes out on Thursday, then the Weekly Challenges on Friday.

I guess they just don't care.

I also have to wonder why PD hasn't set the new Time Trial to start on Friday also, I'm still thrown off by the fact the Time Trial comes out on Thursday, then the Weekly Challenges on Friday.

Maybe too much server traffic would be concentrated on one day of the week? Not an expert on that...

I don't think it's a bad thing. Concentrate on the new TT on Thursday, jump on Friday and do the new weeklies and maybe jump onto the TT for some more practice... Also means you'll earn a decent package of credits on Thursday and Friday (if you're quick enough...)

I think I will do the weekly challenge this week after sitting it last week. My only issue is the one make race. PD seems to have a pattern of using the same cars for the one make races. Hope they use a car they haven't used before next week. Good prize this week according to me

800k guaranteed credits is better than the rewards last week. Multiple Superbird one makes in a few weeks is odd, I'm not complaining since I have the car wide bodied and engine swapped already but it seems like a relatively steep price of entry for a weekly temporary event. At least it's not the Tesla again lol

Last edited:
I used these cars for this week's challenges.

18ecdce27d949-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

I could only manage P2 with the R4 at Colorado. I didn't try to many times as I was more focused on completing the 5 races quickly.

Spa was straightforward with a Stock Testarossa.

GT-R had upgraded Sport Soft tires for an easy win.

The M3 is a heavily modified track car. Another easy win.

Completed Autoplolis in P3. I did a one stop strategy, getting new Racing Medium tires and fuel after Lap 6 or 7.

5 Star ticket rewarded 100K. Not the shaft, but still pretty underwhelming considering the first race completion gave the same thing.

European Sunday Cup 500 was smoothly operated by the 458 Italia:

18ecf5a60cf40-screenshotUrl.jpg

American FR Challenge 500 was a mincemeat for the GT350R:

18ecf5bc5f656-screenshotUrl.jpg

The Superbird one make went on without incident:

18ecf5beb3f1-screenshotUrl.jpg

The 4-rotor RX-8 blitzed through the World Touring Car 600 at Spa:

18ecf5c082d43-screenshotUrl.jpg

And to cap off the challenges, the Alpine VGT Race soldiered on the World Touring Car 800 at Daytona with its bright pink and BWT livery complemented by the helmet and suit of a certain French F1 driver.

18ecf5c2b2078-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Fun races despite a few tracks we've had recently. WTC 800 I ended up destroying the field with an Escudo engined GTO, fun car to drive and insane on the oval. Rest were pretty easy, WTC 600 has some issues where the AI RX-7 just crashes at Eau Rouge every lap. Can't complain with the prizes just being money, also got lucky and got 500k from my 4 star daily.

Cars used:
full

I'm wondering if Weekly Challenges format will change in the near future. Having only one special event will soon lead to heavy repetition. I would see 2/3 SE - one make road cars as we have rn, some gr.3/4 BOPed race (5 laps) and maybe chili Clubman race (restricted to 600/700pp).

Last edited:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240412114912.png

1st Place - Stock Clio V6

1st Place - Stock Corvette

1st Place - SH on stock Superbird (Should of tried CS tyres instead)

3rd Place - Modded Himedic (WIP build of the 806 Pro Car)

1st Place - Maxed out Evo III (FM4 for a 1 stop on RM tyres)

I've done 4 of the 5 so far...
European Sunday Cup 500 - 1967 Giulia Veloce Sprint - Tuned to 499PP with SS tyres- This is a lovely car to drive, neutral handling, beautiful to look at.
American FR Challenge 550 - 2015 Mustang GT
Plymouth Superbird One-Make - Even with sports tyres this was horrible to drive, IMO. I'll keep it just for use in some Custom Oval races, using classic Americana.
World Touring Car 600 - 1989 BMW M3 Evo - Wide bodied and tuned to 599PP with RH tyres, Another lovely handling car, up against more modern machines
World Touring Car 800 - Detuned Mazda 787B - I've not had time to complete this race yet, but I just love the sound of the 787 at full chat...

My likely choices for this week:

Special Event: Plymouth Superbird
European Sunday Cup 500: Audi TT (2nd-gen)
American FR Challenge 550: Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am (With a C6 ZR1 engine!)
WTC600: Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am (Albeit with changed settings - maybe more power?)
WTC800: Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3

Definitely looking forward to collecting 800k credits for this week, let alone the actual credit prizes for the races.

Last edited:
Back