Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,642 comments
Finished the events by using the MP4/4 on RBR WTC900, a bit too easy, even for me. No pit stop, RM, rolled over the competition (in normal mode).

6* brought a Toyota FT-1 VGT worth 1M, sold for 565 830 Cr.

On the wheel were also :
  • Ferrari FXX K '14 worth 3.6M Cr.
  • Hyundai N 2025 VGT (Gr.1) worth 1M
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16 worth 800k
  • Honda NSX GT500 '08 worth 800k

This 🤡 🤡 💩 last race that i was 1 minute from the first in 3-4 lap!!!
The only way for a win is by cutting the last chikane....
Hey PD stop giving us 💩races... give us the qualifying!!!!
No amount of qualifying is going to save you if you're five seconds slower per lap than the AI because you'll still start from the back. You'll need either a better car or better driving because at least one of them isn't cutting it anywhere close at the moment.

No amount of qualifying is going to save you if you're five seconds slower per lap than the AI because you'll still start from the back. You'll need either a better car or better driving because at least one of them isn't cutting it anywhere close at the moment.
If we get to qualify but AI is not improved, the races will be won much quickly, chase the rabbit is actually a way to mitigate AI lame driving on most of the events.

But even if, as pointer by @Greycap, if you are too slow, it won't be enough to start in a better position than last.

@nickf1gr : what is your issue with this race ? what car are you using and what's your medium lap time like ?

Couldn't believe what I saw ! This ... is beyond ridiculous ... :dunce:
Yea, that Alfa Romeo was gapping me down the last straight. I couldn't believe it neither. It was pulling away from my Vulcan. I could only catch up to it in the corners.

The last race at the ring was very entertaining because I forgot how I beat it before. LoL The NSX GT500 is so good in handling at original setup, I barely have to adjust anything more than downforce. Speaking of which, at the beginning of the race, this 911 refused to let me pass. :lol:

I did the second race with a swapped Beat. That car spins a lot on the Comfort tires. 🤣 It took my about 1/4 of the track to figure out the handling. I think this is my least hated version of Tokyo. The one curve towards the finish reminds of SSR 11 in the old GT games.

kjb
I did the second race with a swapped Beat. That car spins a lot on the Comfort tires. 🤣 It took my about 1/4 of the track to figure out the handling. I think this is my least hated version of Tokyo. The one curve towards the finish reminds of SSR 11 in the old GT games.
I'll share my tune next time I'm on. CS tyres and unless you just jam the accelerator it's pretty good at keeping traction.

@nickf1gr : what is your issue with this race ? what car are you using and what's your medium lap time like ?
I tried various cars with better placing 6th...
NSX GT500
GT-ONE
LEXUS GT500...
I tired this crazyness
i was 2 second from top in every lap....
I looking for the next weekly challenge
Thank you for your interest my friend @Lomic

Last edited:
@nickf1gr you should try the McLaren MP4/4 did the hole race on RM without any pitstop on FM6. Not the fastest to accelerate out of corners, but really good on brakes, you can divebomb any other car with a great margin.
Sorry but i haven't it....
If i have the money i will buy it when it reappeared

Last edited:
I tried various cars with better placing 6th...
NSX GT500
GT-ONE
LEXUS GT500...
I tired this crazyness
i was 2 second from top in every lap....
Save fuel. The AI all pit, so you'll make up 40s right there.

You can run 1:56s in Normal difficulty for all ten laps and win.

As usual, I used a stock Mazda LM55 on Racing Mediums and won by half a minute.

Here's the five winning cars I used for this week's challenges :) :

Race 1
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240603200553.jpg
HSR was the perfect venue for checking the newly added GTS-R ( 441 PP ).
The stock car wins this race against the 86, it will have a hard time though against the 300ZX.

Race 2
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240603200632.jpg
Premiere for me in the S660 ( 392 PP ).
In stock setup it couldn't compete with the mostly modified opposition, a high range turbo did the trick.

Race 3
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240603200644.jpg
It's possible to win the challenge with the stock car, however, this is edge and not very enjoyable imo. I prefer stickier tires
and a racing ECU for the V40 ( 456 PP ) - it's still a close and demanding race that will ... make YOUR DAY a happy day !

Race 4
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240603200702.jpg
:crazy: ! To hunt down the 5000 hp GTAm, I needed 307 hp on my 890 kg wide body well tuned 50 years old Dino on SM tires ( 620 PP ). And N2O for the Finale Grande. And I still wonder why PD did code such crap that makes them look bad.

Race 5
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240603200723.jpg
FM3 and RH tires on the Alpine VGT '17 ( 873 PP ) for consistent 1.50 laps without having to pit - my recipe for Nürburgring GP.
Winning at the first attempt was great as this is one of my least favorite tracks. :lol:

Back to the Nordschleife !

Last edited:
It's a shame that people still need NOS to win a race...
In that particular case, Gallo has a seriously boosted Giulia with a rather ridiculous top speed in the final straight, so I can see why people could use NOS on a much normal car to compensate that particular spot.

Otherwise you can also use a car without NOS but more PP to compensate his alien speed. He was going 90km/h faster than my Porsche GT3 RS '22 in that straight 😅

And overall, I think that people should play how they want and that there is no shame using what technique you want to win.

In that particular case, Gallo has a seriously boosted Giulia with a rather ridiculous top speed in the final straight, so I can see why people could use NOS on a much normal car to compensate that particular spot.

Otherwise you can also use a car without NOS but more PP to compensate his alien speed. He was going 90km/h faster than my Porsche GT3 RS '22 in that straight 😅

And overall, I think that people should play how they want and that there is no shame using what technique you want to win.
It's a shame that people still need a 700 PP Porsche GT3 RS '22 to win that race ... :lol:

The High Speed Ring race is incredible. Such GT2. I’ll have to start racing this one more often. The Kei Car race was alap good fun - my favorite thing about the GT series has anlways been driving slow cars as fast as possible. Another reason I like these weekly events, because they’re showing me races that I never bothered looking for previously.

Last edited:
Gallo has a seriously boosted Giulia with a rather ridiculous top speed in the final straight,
That may be the key he is that fast on the straight, you can pass him easily in the technical areas and not have to worry about catching him on that long straight.
I did it with tuned MB190E (not engine swap) without NOS.
Never used NOS, each time I get one via roulette ticket, I delete it. IMHO it's a useless part and legitimate races disallow 🚫 its use.

I didn't think the Nurb race was that absurd? Gallo is quick on the straights but he's rubbish in the corners so you can mop him up pretty quickly. I had him by about 3/5 through the 2nd lap using a Audi R8 V10 at the recommended PP settings, certainly not enough to need NOS to catch up.

Me doing this week's Volvo V40 one-make in a stock V40:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Video for Context (please shower after watching):

Right, so I have observed the following over the 15+ times I've won this event with a stock V40

• The AI definitely have more power / lower weight - you can hear from their in-car views that they are running semi-racing exhausts at least
  • The leaders have the hollow interior sound that suggests weight reductions
  • They have virtually no body roll in corners, therefore, they have upgraded suspensions
  • There are no penalties for cutting corners, but...
  • The game will reset your car's position back 10+ seconds in the final 2 corners if you spend too long outside of track bounds
  • As usual, the AI adjust their pace to you - mine ran in the 1:56s

My Strategy
Drive as dirty as possible. My best runs had a total time around mid to low 7:39s, with laps in the low 1:55s to mid 1:54s.

Using ALL of the runoff? Yes. Anything to get a faster lap time here. ANYTHING.

Corner cutting? Yup. Because it's faster.

Mowing the lawn? Yes, but not as much as you would expect. Going over the grass for extended periods hampers acceleration so much that it nullifies the time gained from a corner cut. Especially at the first big hairpin.

Full Contact? Of course. I need to keep my momentum somehow when the AI park on the apex. They are fast until you are exactly behind them: where suddenly, they brake early and try to be on all parts of the turn at once. Meanwhile, the AI behind you transform into Senna... I feel no shame shoving them around.

Bonus: Ramming / Shoving is how I gain access to the AI's magic brakes! And it unsettles them enough that I can get away without having to worry about magic braking assisted AI dive bombs in the next corner.

Final Thoughts
I hold zero shame the dirty runs, because the AI and the event annoyed me greatly when I drove the stock Volvo. The V40 is fine without mods, with just a tad too much body roll for my liking. And the car is great tuned. PD clearly wanted us to see how the V40 drives and looks modded.

Bonus: Maximum Volvo
Because I am vindictive, enjoy tuning and I love seeing how fast something can possible go, this was what happened when my Maximum Volvo V40 came out to play:

Volvo V40 - Clean Beatdown.jpg

No need for corner cutting this time. Clean race bonus too
:mischievous:

The Maximum Volvo V40 is 680pp~690pp and 450hp of Front Wheel Drive racecar goodness. It takes the power marvelously. I only wish it had more straight line speed and higher downforce. I'm currently harassing hypercars with it. Despite only being able to do about 180mph / 300kph, I still slapped Super Gallo and his cheating Alfa Romeo around in this week's Nurburging race:

Maximum Volvo Meet Gallo.jpg

The Maximum Volvo Tune (go with taller final drive for the Nurburgring) - I may have been only slightly annoyed when I began building it :lol:

Maximum Volvo - 1.jpg
Maximum Volvo - 2.jpg
Maximum Volvo - Gears.jpg

Me doing this week's Volvo V40 one-make in a stock V40:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Wow, your AI cars were running really quick. I have my game set on hard difficulty, but I only ran 1:56's and was able to pass the lead AI on turn 3 (assuming the kink on the straight out of the pit exit is turn 2) of the last lap. You were almost 2 seconds per lap faster than me and you didn't get past the lead AI until the last turn of the last lap. Really strange.

... using a Audi R8 V10 at the recommended PP settings, certainly not enough to need NOS to catch up.
Yep, it's not that hard with this car.
Bought one, reduced power and added a little bit of weight for 600,20 PP, went racing and won at this first attempt.
It's been a clumsy drive, of course I was far from being used to the car let alone having much benefit from its strengths, but I got Gallo at Pflanzgarten and although I had to let him pass again, the Audi is fast enough to keep up somehow so I caught him again through the final turns.

Will probably have another go tomorrow ... and then return to the N2O Dino. ;)

Back