Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,740 comments
So I came back home and started my weeklies today after work.

1) Japanese FR 450 @ High Speed Ring Reverse

The memories this track always gives me are incredible, I used to play all the time on it back on GT1 when I was a little kid. Kudos sent me here with the Skyline 2000GT-R Kenmeri, I gave it a nice MNP paintjob and some Enkei wheels and hit the track as it was (388pp), but couldn't catch up with the RX-7 and also got deleted by the 300ZX. So I souped it up a little bit with CS tires, exhaust, filter and headers and gave it another go (420pp)...except this time there was no 300ZX and I won with ease. CRB too!

20970007371666526.jpg

Parts ticket gave me a Bore Up S for the TT 3.2 Quattro, useless ticket as usual.

2) Lightweight K Cup @ Tokyo Expressway South

Ah, this was a fun one. Kudos sent me here with the Jimny XC and I didn't want to buy a new one, so I de-tuned my swapped 492pp one. And I had to de-tune it a LOT since the game has me using CS tires for this race. But I eventually brought it back under requirements and tackled the race, such fun! As soon as I realized how much grip I actually had available (it still had Praiano suspensions and gearbox) what started as somewhat challenging became great fun. Fraga's Cappuccino was destroying me on the straights but my superior grip made up for that anywhere else. Managed to overtake him on the beginning of the final lap, and kept it back there until the end. CRB again.

20970393678519931.jpg

3) Volvo V40 Special @ Red Bull Ring

The car of choice is obvious this time, I kept it stock and just added some GT Auto parts; Rebel Blue was nice, but I wanted some more Polestar-ish colour and so painted it in Rapid Blue with black roof combination, I have to say I love how it looks. Race was tough, only managed to overtake the leader at the very end of the last lap and over the race I've had a couple run-ins with the AI. Was fun, but I feel I didn't manage to get everything out of that Volvo, it has some potential indeed.

20970459661752562.jpg

Got the 150k ticket as well, daily marathon was some trash 3* which gave me a racing exhaust for the Toyota 86 restyling (is the game actually trying to tell me something?).

I tried taking on the Ring in the R5 Turbo, but it's a tough one with Gallo and his cheat Alfa running away and the R5 not being that easy to handle. But I'll keep on trying and won't give up!

These were the cars I used this week.

18fe59b8c33100-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

The newly added R31 was a nice drive. P2 with an entirely stock setup. That overspeed chime was a little annoying.

My tuned Cappuccino made easy work of race 2.

I tried a couple times with a stock V but I couldn't get better than the. So, put on Sport Soft tires and that was enough for a comfortable win.

The 650S was a handful around the Nordschleife. I finished P2, just one tenth behind Gallo's Alfa. I had an off on Lap 2 that ultimately cost me too much time.

I can't remember what car I used when I first completed the WTC 900 race. The GT-One was a nice drive but a mistake midway through the race exiting the hairpin kept me out of contention for the lead. If finish P3.

The 6-Star Car ticket rewarded the Aston VGT. Pretty ugly car, in my opinion, but it saved me 1 million credits.

18fe59b9fa479-screenshotUrl.jpg

After today, my rig gets packed up as I move halfway across the US. Next week's challenges might have to be done on the pad.

Well, I couldn’t win the WTC900 with the Merc. I must not get along with that car very much. Anyway, I took out the old Gr.2 GT-R and won by a couple seconds. Much better car than the Merc, IMO.

Got an electric Jaguar VGT car. Sold it for a little over 600k.

Race 1 - Crown Athlete G '13 - stock car, easy win. Would prefer normal layout, but it's ok with reverse too. Got parts ticket.

18fe7070d7126-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 2 - Cappuccino '91 - Fraga also drove same car, but he was faster on straights. But I managed to win. Ok Tokyo layout.

18fe7077ca270-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 3 - V40 T5 R-Design '13 - made some tuning and it was easy win - was expecting AI with more power. Got the 150k ticket.

18fe707a1277-screenshotUrl.jpg

Gallo is quick on the straights but he's rubbish in the corners
This is very true. I personally believe that a lot of people, including myself, are frustrated at first because the leading car is so far ahead, we get frustrated trying to catch up. After the 1st try, I figured that we only need to be patient, consistent and don't push too hard, then we'll see the leading car eventually. I just learned to look at the total gap timer decreasing the gap, then that would calm me down from pushing too hard.

Same here...playing GT7 right from the start and never ever used NOS...
I wanted to try that out, but same. I don't even remember we have such a thing. Never needed to use it at all.

Sorry but i haven't it....
If i have the money i will buy it when it reappeared
I use the Super Formula car for 900pp races, on Stock Hard tyres. Sips fuel at RM5/6 and an easy win
I don't "need" it, but it definitely made the win easy 😅
I didn't need the Pagani Huayra but I used it anyway :lol:

Prize car this week (which i didn't have so another 1m credits saved 👍 ):
20240605_193931.jpg

Finished the weeklies despite being quite tired after workout.

4) European Clubman Cup 600 @ Nordschleife

Gallo and his cheat Alfa, to be taken on with a 1980 Renault 5 Turbo as Kudos commanded. Not an easy task on paper, huh? Well not just on paper, to get to the 600pp mark I had to throw everything I could on the Renault which turned it into a mental machine. Seriously, on the Nordschleife this thing is insane, it was fun if not for the cheater up ahead, he earned something like 7-8 seconds on me only on the Dottinger straight and on the quick section before Caracciola, as my car topped out at 260 kmh. Tried many times, even went beyond the 600pp mark by using RS tires, used the Praiano tune with A LOT more differential in order to keep the car from snapping as soon as I hit the gas, but it wasn't enough to beat the cheater. A comfortable P2, I'll take it.

20970464284547670.jpg

5) WTC 900 @ Nurburgring GP

Another Ring race, just to let me remember about this last weekend where I watched, trackside, 17 hours of fog. Kudos had me run this with the RS5 DTM which is a monstrous car, thanks to DRS it has the capability of lapping a lot faster than the opposition and even in FM1 it can run 6/10 laps. Gave it a couple go's with RM tires, it took me a while to familiarise with the car and even when I did, my incapability of staying focused had the best of me multiple times. The one last time I decided I had had enough, after once again spinning on lap 8 and mentally setting up for a P3 at best, Kawakami for some reason pitted on lap 9. This meant that the two leading cars were now at 4 secs from me instead of 22. Did this final effort and overtook them both, claiming a long fought victory.

20970627820968115.jpg

Car ticket gifted me an LM55 Gr.1 which I already have, and thus sold for a little short of 500k. Surprisingly, daily 4* ticket gifted me a million.

Race 4 - 911 GT1 Strassenversion '97 - put SS and began a Nord journey. Tried to go to CRB and I did it - until the end of lap 1, when I released gamepad, but car resumed...to lap 2 and wall 😂 All in all, it was real pleasure to drive that beast through woods od Nordschleife. Gallo in p1 was in Giulia that was faster on straights, but he drove poor at corners...

18fec7cf7f31-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 5 - MP4/4 '88 - as some of you suggested, I picked this one for Ring. For this one, I needed to turn on TC to 2. I was on FM6 until last 3 laps, when I turned it to 3, RMs was in surprisingly good condition. Placed third in the end. Got cars ticket.

18feca738e690-screenshotUrl.jpg

Well, we have good news and bad news...

View attachment 1362443

The bad news being that no Special Event yet has become a full menu book series...
Looks like the "good" news is that the guaranteed money is just over 1/20th the new cost of the F1 GTR longtail unicorn, which won't be needed this week, which might be eligible for that special event after noticing (after you did below) that there is a F1 GTR in that screenshot.

Speaking of that longtail, the "special picks" program certainly has gone wonky. Unless both F1 GTRs are eligible, 2 of the 4 cars added as "special picks" last night will either not be eligible or (in the case of the 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera RS) not competitive in any of the Weekly Challenges. The F40 may or may not be competitive in the Turbo Sports Cars race, while the Diablo GT (which came back with its normal mileage/price rather than the 900,000-Cr. "zero-mileage" price) is the closest to 600 PP without going over.

Last edited:
Looks like the "good" news is that the guaranteed money is just over 1/20th the new cost of the F1 GTR longtail unicorn, which won't be needed this week.
20M for the longtail.
From 14 to 20.
I'm happy that I've bought it long time ago for around 10M.

Nurburgring again...Fuji again...
I the personally love it, but doesn't all share the passion.
There are great rewards this week, though I think they could sometimes put 1mill or 750k for final event.

There are great rewards this week, though I think they could sometimes put 1mill or 750k for final event.
You don't know yet how much the JGTC event pays out, don't you?

That's happened exactly once, when they put the 1-hour Spa WTC 800 grind there. They also did put the 26:40 (give or take difficulty and whether one uses a Gr.3 like the AI or a Gr.2) Sardegna WTC 800 grind there once. Other than that, it typically is the low-6-figure race.
You don't know yet how much the JGTC event pays out, don't you?
Probably 75,000-90,000 Cr. (plus the CRB). Of note, we saw 90,000 Cr. only once, a Civic event at Suzuka that took me 9:49 to complete on normal difficulty with a close race.

I do, and it's not a lot but it's the best-paying event this week. It's only about 675k/hr though.
Is that with or without the CRB? On the bright side, pending the post, it should be a short work week.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges: Hooked on Classics

There’s a treat in store in the latest set of Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges, which will become available as your console passes midnight on Thursday evening, by way of a special race that will get you right in the nostalgia...

Back