Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,719 comments
I don't know, I still think the fake AI liveries are cute! :lol: They throw it back to the simpler times of GT1/GT2 where we'd get some realistic liveries (think Castrol Supra) and some fake adaptations (nearly every racing modification). They should've leaned into that nostalgia and put "SKYLINE" in big letters on the GT-R replicas.

5010653047_b1641019ab_w.jpg
See? That would be more fun. You know how some players have made those cell shaded graphics? Like the manga hard lines? We should start making 16-bit PS1 liveries. :sly: I did that with the AE86 and the nondescript names on the number plate.:lol:
1717708518719.jpeg

IMG_4302.jpeg

Nice to see Polyphony trying something new, the JGTC styled race is fun and you don't start miles back compared to a lot of the others. I understand why the liveries are generic but they're still very recognisable. Ended up using the '97 GT500 Supra, pretty easy win especially if you stop Gallo following down the straight. Rest were decent, WTC 600 can be tricky if you pick the wrong car because the PP system is so varied with how fast the car actually is, I think the order of the field makes a decent difference too.

This weeks cars:
full

Cars for this weeks challenges.
Gran Turismo® 7_202406070155509.png

Race 1 - This Camaro was overkill which is ok.:lol:

Race 2 - Fully tune Tundra from my custom grid did the job no problem.

Race 3 - Love using my p1 gtr in those turbo races 740hp SS tires and close to 190+ MPH and it handles like a race car so easy win.

Race 4 - Try the Aventador for this race and and it was better then I thought it be super fun car.

Race 5 - I was surpise not to see any rules or fuel and tire usage for this race so I install RS tires on my viper and off I went to a 15 second win over those super fast NSX GT500 2000.

On a side note I noted alot of those AI cars are using custom liveries I think there from the community so its nice to see PD using the hard work we fans had done.

A few pictures from the last race.
Fuji International Speedway__3.jpeg

Fuji International Speedway__2.jpeg

Fuji International Speedway__1.jpeg

Fuji International Speedway_.jpeg

One Question about the JGTC race:what tyres are the AIs using and how high should the PP be, to keep the race challenging (since there are no limits and regulations for that race...)

One Question about the JGTC race:what tyres are the AIs using and how high should the PP be, to keep the race challenging (since there are no limits and regulations for that race...)
Ai is using RH tires not sure about pp but I would guess any stock JGTC car will provide a challenge to win with, not sure about custom cars like the viper or Lamborghini.

Ai is using RH tires not sure about pp but I would guess any stock JGTC car will provide a challenge to win with, not sure about custom cars like the viper or Lamborghini.
I've been told they're normal cars with RH tyres with Boost on

C’mon, PD. They must have only one employee doing the liveries. It was cute in GT SPport because we didn’t have these cars. Unacceptable in this game. I fault the players. We’ve been wanting a real livery editor in the franchise for ages. We finally get one and PD think they can finally rest. Uh uh. :lol:

Ironically, this is something I would do just to hurry and race them together. :lol: I’ll pass and do my own thing. ;)

View attachment 1362603View attachment 1362604View attachment 1362605View attachment 1362606View attachment 1362607View attachment 1362608View attachment 1362609View attachment 1362610View attachment 1362611View attachment 1362612View attachment 1362613View attachment 1362614
This is brilliant. It’s like those off-brand cricket games on PS2.

“And it’s Brett Leaf bowling to Freddy Frintfrog. Frintfrog hits it straight up in the air! And it’s caught by Adam Girlkist!”

Good job PD, make it a permanent event and bring us the real cars when possible! :D

I don't know, I still think the fake AI liveries are cute! :lol: They throw it back to the simpler times of GT1/GT2 where we'd get some realistic liveries (think Castrol Supra) and some fake adaptations (nearly every racing modification). They should've leaned into that nostalgia and put "SKYLINE" in big letters on the GT-R replicas.

5010653047_b1641019ab_w.jpg
Definitely hits me in the nostalgia. I don't even remember which game it was (GT3 maybe?), but I've used that Unisia Jecs Skyline all the time as it was a beast. Even have a 1/43 model of it lol.

I've used that livery on many-a-cars within GT7 to pay homage to it.

f47925f504e41986ee08b0b8a1479e35_photo.webp

a490cfdec858c2dfa118e150ff45bdf7_photo.webp

Last edited:
These races were pretty good!
Went with stock cars for the first 4 races:

American FR Challenge 550: 1st Place
20969944174441633.jpg

Pickup Truck Race: 2nd Place
20970899233960433.jpg

Race of Turbo Sportscars: 2nd Place - This race was soo good in the NSX, throwing it around corners to catch the AI was really fun! Highly replay able!
20969929017003480.jpg

World Touring Car 600: 3rd place
20970504219616734.jpg

Special Event: 1st Place - I think any car over 700pp is overkill for this race, but loving the options to use as the MR2 with engine swap is too thirsty for most fuel races it was nice to try it here
20970400931262360.jpg

My likely picks for this week:

American FR Challenge 550 - Chevrolet Camaro SS '16
Pickup Truck Race - Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Race of Turbo Sports Cars - McLaren MP4-12C
WTC 600 - McLaren MP4-12C
Special Event - Nissan Skyline GT-R GT500 '99

Last edited:
See? That would be more fun. You know how some players have made those cell shaded graphics? Like the manga hard lines? We should start making 16-bit PS1 liveries. :sly: I did that with the AE86 and the nondescript names on the number plate.:lol:
View attachment 1362625
View attachment 1362629
*32-bit

I am all for this!! Like using decals to make the lines of the car and decals look heavily pixelated...hell yes!!

*32-bit

I am all for this!! Like using decals to make the lines of the car and decals look heavily pixelated...hell yes!!
Gran Turismo 5- Fans demand the removal of “standard cars” because they’re graphically poor.

Gran Turismo 7- Fans take graphically impeccable car models and spend hours to replicate down scaling them.

IMG_0481.gif

If I had to design regulations for the new Special Event, it'd likely be that you can use any car that's used by the opponents - whether that's the GT500-spec trio from the JGTC era, or whatever else is present. But as far as potential PP regulations, I'm unsure of what could/should be done, since that same JGTC trio comes stock on Racing Hards and at around 730 PP. So I had an idea - instead of a PP regulation, an eligible car could have up to 500 HP, and a minimum weight of 1200 kgs. (Or, the minimum could be 1150 kgs, as that's the supposed weight of the Castrol Tom's Supra GT500, where as the Skyline GT-R and NSX are both 1200 kgs.) This would be on top of the aforementioned car regulations, too. Thoughts?

Last edited:
So did the real thing - the Diablo, McLaren, and Porsche were all genuine entries.
Really? Huh... That just seems strange to call it an "All Japan" GT Car Championship. Maybe they meant All Japan tracks? Oh well.

Did you use the WTC800 for event 3? I had to bounce around to find a comparable race for this legend car race. Here is what I was handed:

View attachment 1362827
No, not 3 ...
Turbo Sports is 3, WTC 600 is 4 and the JGTC is 5 ! 🤷‍♂️

Edit :
Might have misunderstood what you were asking. Anyway ... I've found all the events under their respective number.

Last edited:
I really hope next month the they make an All Japan menu book. Anyway I hope to be able to do the race this week.

Really? Huh... That just seems strange to call it an "All Japan" GT Car Championship. Maybe they meant All Japan tracks? Oh well.
Yes, it was a Japanese national championship with only Japanese teams. Their cars were not all Japanese though, it was basically what Super GT is nowadays.

That new 10 lap Fuji race needs to be a permanent race, preferably with tyre and fuel use.
The problem with that is that the economy that aren't the NSX/Supra/GT-R are road cars, which would put them in fuel economy disadvantage. (Also, the R32 Nismo, 993 Carrera and F40's swaps aren't racing engines, which would buff their fuel economy.)

Last edited:
Back