Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,719 comments
Someone should tell PD that JGTC event is exactly what we needed in this game and the next game. A true no limit PP and no restriction event disguised as JGTC event I'm surprised I can use Tomahawk X in this event and every car in my garage are free to enter.
What breath of fresh air after what they did to Sunday and Clubman Cup having restrictions and PP limit.
If this event gives out like 40 million Japanese Cr. then grinding for credits would have been much more bearable as now, too bad this is time limited event and only gives out 15 million Japanese Cr.
For the next 5 days this event will be the one I'm grinding alongside that Le Mans 700 30 minutes race.

Last edited:
No, not 3 ...
Turbo Sports is 3, WTC 600 is 4 and the JGTC is 5 ! 🤷‍♂️

Edit :
Might have misunderstood what you were asking. Anyway ... I've found all the events under their respective number.
My order was probably wrong (I used Famine's article for the order). I think I have the correct races now. Thanks.

Can anyone of you tell me, why I get spun out by the AI at Daytona ( multiple times now in a row 😅 ) ? Since I've never seen this happen to any of the AI cars, I think I must be doing something wrong there. What is it ?

P.S. I've watched the replays and I wouldn't say it's me driving erratic ...

Can anyone of you tell me, why I get spun out by the AI at Daytona ( multiple times now in a row 😅 ) ? Since I've never seen this happen to any of the AI cars, I think I must be doing something wrong there. What is it ?

P.S. I've watched the replays and I wouldn't say it's me driving erratic ...
You most probably were in a bad spot, AI is a bit on rails there so don't let their nose get too close to the side of the back of the car, otherwise, they will spin you out.

There’s just no way the internet can know about what we see. Right?
Just checking in on all my family Faceboook posts and scroll to a random FIA JGTC 1994-2004 post that I don’t even subscribe to.
This is the photo from that post.
IMG_4313.jpeg

Here's this week's choices:
A reminder why I hate NASCAR. The boringness of an oval. The race was done by the end of lap 1 in my mildly modded Tundra. CRB
Daytona Tri-Oval_ (3) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Fuji was fun in the Supra. I'll reattempt it with some other Japanese GT's. Race was over on lap 5. Won by 10 secs.
Fuji International Speedway_ (6) by 2cam16, on Flickr
St. Croix I just wanted to get it over with so went with my Clubsport. CRB
Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B_ (13) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Laguna was a doozy. Slapped on some RS on my Shelby and only won it at T10 on the last lap.
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca_ (16) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Nurburgring was fun. Only placed second in my mildly modded V40. A couple of more laps and I would have won it. I'll reattempt tomorrow for 1st. This car was fun though.
Nürburgring GP_ (3) by 2cam16, on Flickr

The C4 ZR1 is a hoot to drive. SS tires and I did exhaust, cams, and manifold (mainly because I've found these mods really liven up the engine tone of the cars) and it drives great. I used it for the Laguna and Nurb GP races. And I don't know that there's a more 80s dashboard ever made. :lol:

1717809355097.png

Last edited:
The problem with that is that the economy that aren't the NSX/Supra/GT-R are road cars, which would put them in fuel economy disadvantage. (Also, the R32 Nismo, 993 Carrera and F40's swaps aren't racing engines, which would buff their fuel economy.)
Wouldn’t it be cool if PD made “race car conversion” an option in the ultimate section when you go to weight loss level 5… bigger fuel tank and stripped out cockpit would just give the game ultra flexibility.

Not complaining too much though, I am loving the JTGC race and hope it becomes a permanent fixture.

Weeklies done, I was early this time.

1) American FR 550 @ Laguna Seca

Was expecting it to be the easiest, turned out one of the most challenging. Randomizer had me drive the 2015 Mustang GT so I de-tuned my widebody one down to 550pp and took on the race. It was fun, only managed to overtake the leading Corvette after the Corkscrew on lap 2. Won with CRB and got the 100k ticket.

20969938729840524.jpg

2) Pickup Trucks Race @ Daytona Tri-Oval

Not interested in pickups running around an oval, let's move on. Won with the UZ swapped Tundra.

20969900736373512.jpg

3) Race of Turbo Sportscars @ Sainte-Croix B

The randomizer tasked me to win this with the 4C Gr.3 Road Car, so I bought one and decided to try out the 680pp Praiano tune. Turns out it was even more of an overkill than I thought, won with extreme ease by grabbing the lead on lap 2. Really a nice car, this Alfa.

20970238119979607.jpg

4) WTC 600 @ Nurburgring GP

Turns out I still hadn't done this race yet, so this was my first attempt. Randomizer sent me here with the Mustang Gr.3 Road Car, so I used Praiano's tune (as usual with a lot more differential) and used some lower level tires (SM) and some power restriction to keep it into the 600pp mark; and this was the best racing of this week! A well fought race where I only managed to overtake Fraga and his Supra at the final chicane of the final lap, no CRB since we've had our dose of door to door action before the checkered flag. Really fun!

20970402139063125.jpg

5) JGTC @ Fuji Speedway

Finally a proper race, without a rabbit to chase 40 seconds ahead and a very interesting grid. Took this on with the Castrol TOM'S Supra and I have to say it was tougher than I imagined, mostly because either I suck too much or I need to find a tune for the car that suits me more, in the final section of Fuji I was losing a lot of time every lap. Eventually managed to win by just 5 seconds, definetly will do this race again during this week though!

20970894169241126.jpg

I'm delighted to see the JGTC event, I only wish there was a full series of these - but it's an encouraging sign.

The 10 lap race at Fuji was fun too; the rubber-banding seems to have improved and it was a close race for me.

I also like the fact that the LCD is currently full of late 90's / early 00's era JGTC cars; fortunately I have them all already, and I have enough in the bank to buy 4 (or maybe 5) NSXs.

The addition of the NSX '00 is a real boost - it's a magnificent car, and it should hopefully also fix the problem I currently have with my JGTC custom races, where the NSXs have a significant advantage in terms of fuel tank, and they are mismatched to the other GT500s, so this should tighten things up a bit.

Great move from PD, and probably the best mini-update for me so far.

I'm delighted to see the JGTC event, I only wish there was a full series of these - but it's an encouraging sign.

The 10 lap race at Fuji was fun too; the rubber-banding seems to have improved and it was a close race for me.

I also like the fact that the LCD is currently full of late 90's / early 00's era JGTC cars; fortunately I have them all already, and I have enough in the bank to buy 4 (or maybe 5) NSXs.

The addition of the NSX '00 is a real boost - it's a magnificent car, and it should hopefully also fix the problem I currently have with my JGTC custom races, where the NSXs have a significant advantage in terms of fuel tank, and they are mismatched to the other GT500s, so this should tighten things up a bit.

Great move from PD, and probably the best mini-update for me so far.
Agree. The NSX is a weapon. Sloppy sloppy at Fuji and still pulled the win pretty easily.

The JGTC event is a pretty big disappointment for me.

No tire wear
No fuel usage
No interesting TOD change
No weather shenanigans

Intriguing idea - blandest posible execution.

I personally think that Fuji's last sector is a crime against humanity - so that also doesn't help.

@PD, just dip into my pool of custom races. You'll find a few good ones ;)

Pick up races need revamping. The bed should be full of random stuff you just bought at Home Depot or Lowes as well as random garbage people throw in your bed at parking lots. If anything falls out, no CRB. Double CRB if you’re helping a buddy move and you don’t lose any couch cushions.

Last edited:

No tire wear
No fuel usage
No weather shenanigans

I personally think that Fuji's last sector is a crime against humanity - so that also doesn't help.

I was thinking the same after the first race...

Now that I tried out a couple of cars( I try to stay accurate and don't use any cars that were produced after 2000 or cars that are impudently overpowered) I actually like all that, because THAT sets this race apart from all other similar 10 lap races and makes it something special...just put on RH tires(no medium or softs) and race as fast as you can...

I generally still prefer races with fuel and tire wear and random weather, but it is good to have something else for a change!

Seeing people saying the JGTC race was fun or easy or challenging I need to ask, what settings do you or I have on? I've just run it in the Castrol Supra and was catching the McLaren at about a second a lap until I got within 4 seconds with 4 laps to go. Then this happened:

1717846762934.png

Miles ahead of the rest of the field, suddenly behind a car that finds an extra 200 BHP just to stop you getting near it. What's the point?

No tire wear
No fuel usage
No weather shenanigans

Yes, tire wear and fuel usage would be great and seems like an easy win, but I still enjoyed the zero-stop, sprint race feel of it.

I've given the JGTC race another visit already, I believe going with a 700pp RH car will guarantee a fun and close race. I went with this beautiful Porsche 911 Carrera RS Clubsport 993 converted into the JGTC Taisan 911 GT (livery not mine), and it was extremely fun!

The picture you see attached is from the last corner of the last lap, such close racing! I managed to overtake Kokubun for the win just as we were exiting said corner, I really wish that PD took this special event and turned it into a series of races all over the various Japanese circuits, even better if they did add tire wear, fuel consumption, and dynamic weather similarly to WTC events. Really, this is way way more fun than mindless grinding at Le Mans (which I also did with the same Porsche).

20969970010364660.jpg

I did the challenge last night. I usually start with the longest but I decided to change it up and start from the shortest first. I used the 06 Viper, a swapped Tundra, 700pp GAC Maverick, a swapped 599 pp Miata and the RCp92. By the time I got to the last race I was starting to get sleepy and I couldn't get finished fast enough. I think if I do these next week I will save the 1st race for last

Here's this week's choices:
A reminder why I hate NASCAR. The boringness of an oval. The race was done by the end of lap 1 in my mildly modded Tundra. CRB
Daytona Tri-Oval_ (3) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Fuji was fun in the Supra. I'll reattempt it with some other Japanese GT's. Race was over on lap 5. Won by 10 secs.
Fuji International Speedway_ (6) by 2cam16, on Flickr
St. Croix I just wanted to get it over with so went with my Clubsport. CRB
Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B_ (13) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Laguna was a doozy. Slapped on some RS on my Shelby and only won it at T10 on the last lap.
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca_ (16) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Nurburgring was fun. Only placed second in my mildly modded V40. A couple of more laps and I would have won it. I'll reattempt tomorrow for 1st. This car was fun though.
Nürburgring GP_ (3) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Can you share your Clubsport specs and parts used? Thanks!

Another nice set of races. Very surprised by race 5, the 10-lapper - no fuel usage or tyre wear, and any car you want! Wow!
Gifted Cr 100k, 200k and 500k - thanks PD!

Seeing people saying the JGTC race was fun or easy or challenging I need to ask, what settings do you or I have on? I've just run it in the Castrol Supra and was catching the McLaren at about a second a lap until I got within 4 seconds with 4 laps to go. Then this happened:

View attachment 1363065

Miles ahead of the rest of the field, suddenly behind a car that finds an extra 200 BHP just to stop you getting near it. What's the point?
I noticed something similar. My first attempt with my JGTC Viper I was in 8th or so after the second lap and the leaders only pulled a max of ten seconds ahead. I tried a second time with my Diablo which is a bit faster and I couldn't touch the leaders. They were gone. AI performance might be tied to your car's performance in some way. My lap times for the second go-around were 2.5 seconds faster.

View attachment 1363065

I believe I have the Praiano tune on mine. Try that.

Can you share your Clubsport specs and parts used? Thanks!
I believe I'm using Exeter's tune. Which one of the two I don't know as I don't have my PS4 on right now. Just try both? GL!

I noticed something similar. My first attempt with my JGTC Viper I was in 8th or so after the second lap and the leaders only pulled a max of ten seconds ahead. I tried a second time with my Diablo which is a bit faster and I couldn't touch the leaders. They were gone. AI performance might be tied to your car's performance in some way. My lap times for the second go-around were 2.5 seconds faster.
I had another go on softs instead of mediums. I didn't really drive that much better (about 1 second a lap faster) but the McLaren didn't manage to pull ahead, jobbing around the midfield before making it to 4th on the last lap. Nonsense, really.

I've given the JGTC race another visit already, I believe going with a 700pp RH car will guarantee a fun and close race. I went with this beautiful Porsche 911 Carrera RS Clubsport 993 converted into the JGTC Taisan 911 GT (livery not mine), and it was extremely fun!

The picture you see attached is from the last corner of the last lap, such close racing! I managed to overtake Kokubun for the win just as we were exiting said corner, I really wish that PD took this special event and turned it into a series of races all over the various Japanese circuits, even better if they did add tire wear, fuel consumption, and dynamic weather similarly to WTC events. Really, this is way way more fun than mindless grinding at Le Mans (which I also did with the same Porsche).

View attachment 1363075
I had 4 tries so far...
With a 707PP Supra RZ '97 i finished 3rd, with a 723PP Jaguar XJ220 I finished 2nd only 3 seconds behind the winning car, with a 700PP Diablo 3rd again(about 10 seconds short of the leader) and with the same car with 728PP I had an easy win...
That was all on medium difficulty, but I switched to hard difficulty today and will see how that goes...

Two observations:
1) The top five AI cars start to run really fast laps between lap 3 and lap 7...in the first 2 laps the field stays pretty close together, and starting with lap 8 I always manage to close the gap to the leading cars...

2)In the three races i didn,t win there were 3 different AI cars winning: once a Supra, once a Mc Laren and once a NSX...

Last edited:
Back