Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,642 comments
EDIT2: Or maybe instead of just limiting things to the four Gr.3 car we have from those years, it could be open to any car that's 700 PP or under from those years - provided they use a Racing tire compound. Wanna use a Ferrari F40, for example? Go ahead.
They could put limitations on the car's year 1985-2005, PP rating (730 or less) and require racing tires. So long as there is tire wear (strong setting) and fuel consumption (weak setting) that could make for a fun race.

I've really enjoyed the JTGC race and am using it as a base for a custom race series, having now bought 2 of the Lambo Diablos and kitted them out with genuine period liveries, along with a couple of 993 RS CS' and a F40 to boot.

Does anybody know where I can find out the weights and BHP for these cars when they raced? Keen to get them as close as possible to realistic.

I've really enjoyed the JTGC race and am using it as a base for a custom race series, having now bought 2 of the Lambo Diablos and kitted them out with genuine period liveries, along with a couple of 993 RS CS' and a F40 to boot.

Does anybody know where I can find out the weights and BHP for these cars when they raced? Keen to get them as close as possible to realistic.
Yeah. I doing the same.

But still don't know if the Diablos in this JGTC race are wide bodied or not.

My NSX was the stock car without setup, except RM tires.
The car handling was very good.
Next time i will try the same car on RS tires, because of no tire wearing in this race...
Thanks for the info. I'm back from racing and yes ... similar result, similar lap times. Except : Misuno started from pole and I never really got close to him. 🤷‍♂️ Finished 4 seconds behind.
Regarding the NSX, though it's a bit understeering on corner exit, I confirm it's a nice handling vehicle. 👍

Yeah. I doing the same.

But still don't know if the Diablos in this JGTC race are wide bodied or not.
I did some research and I come to the conclusion that the diablo pd is using is wide body.

Here is a comparison picture between a normal diablo and the one in the race.

As you can tell from the 2 pictures below the spot I highlighted is long on the wide body then the yellow normal diablo and that only happens after you wide body the diablo.
Fuji International Speedway__1.png

Fuji International Speedway_.jpeg

Last edited:
I did some research and I come to the conclusion that the diablo pd is using is wide body.

Here is a comparison picture between a normal diablo and the one in the race.

As you can tell from the 2 pictures below the spot I highlighted is long on the wide body then the yellow normal diablo and that only happens after you wide body the diablo.
View attachment 1363718
View attachment 1363719
Great :) but to be honest. I think that standard Diablo GT is closer to race spec ones.

As you can see hereit is not wide bodied

Attachments

• IMG_0868.jpeg
    IMG_0868.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Ran the Fuji JGTC race this morning with the new NSX on hard difficulty. I put on RS tires and dropped the aero for a little more speed, but otherwise stock.

Came 2nd at the end. At first I was slowly catching the GT-R GT500 in first but at some point the long tail F1 took first and was just walking away. At the end he was still 14 seconds ahead and increasing the gap. I will have to give it another try and see how the opponent order changes things. I was low 38s on lap time for most of the race but he had a fastest lap in the low 37s or maybe a 36.

Tried Fuji today in the Pennzoil GT500. I believe I had it on stock settings but with RM. It just didn't have the ooomph. Plus I was spinning tires in the tight turns. I finished 5th 2.5 secs behind first.

Tried Fuji today in the Pennzoil GT500. I believe I had it on stock settings but with RM. It just didn't have the ooomph. Plus I was spinning tires in the tight turns. I finished 5th 2.5 secs behind first.
I tried the Pennzoil GT500 GT-R completely stock on RH tires and got second. Fastest lap was the last one where Drumont decided to run 2 seconds faster that the previous fastest lap at 1:37.905. My fastest lap was a 1:40.935. Lost by 2.999 seconds to Drumont’s 16:50.627.

I think I was fairly close to this time in the NSX GT500 with stock settings and I won that race by maybe 1 second. So overall a fairly similar race, though I will say the NSX was a more comfortable drive. The GTR is a bit squirrelly coming out of the slow corners. I used TC1 and still need to be careful on the throttle in certain places.

20970179006126108.jpg

Reran the race with a stock NSX and it’s a far more tame car to drive. TC0 and you can stomp the gas without wheel spin. I had several laps in the mid 1:40’s with a fastest lap of 1:40.263. Ended up taking the lead in the exact same place as I did when I ran the NSX last time. On the brakes in to the chicane on the last lap. Ended up winning by .071 seconds with a bit of blocking on the main straight. Race time of 16:48.363.

20969995071590327.jpg

So the NSX is definitely a faster car than the GTR. It is about 7pp more than the GTR so it has that going for it, but its ability to lay the power down I think is key to its faster lap times. The GTR turns better and felt a bit better at braking, but it can’t get the power to the ground out of the slow turns, so it loses.

@2cam16 @Tommy_D

I've never won any race with the two cars you mentioned above as long as in full stock setup, means RH tires. I've always had 3 or 4 cars that just kept the distance ( more or less ) they already had from the start. Similar lap times here, I've been a bit faster in the NSX vs the GT-R for the handling reasons you described Tommy_D, with the full races roughly between 16.40 and 16.50.

Last edited:
I won the last race with a stock 2000 NSX GT500.
How i wish to have those JGTCC GT500 rival cars like Porsche 911 Lamborghini Diablo Dodge Viper etc....
And in GT2 form!!!

@2cam16 @Tommy_D

I've never won any race with the two cars you mentioned above as long as in full stock setup, means RH tires. I've always had 3 or 4 cars that just kept the distance ( more or less ) they already had from the start. Similar lap times here, I've been a bit faster in the NSX vs the GT-R for the handling reasons you described Tommy_D, with the full races roughly between 16.40 and 16.50.
Well, there is a crazy amount of rubber banding in this race. That’s why I posted the lap and race times. Some people may mod their cars and the AI will adjust for that and go faster. Maybe I’ve just been lucky with the AI slowing down in just the right places for me to overtake. Then it a matter of playing defense. I wonder if I could have won with the GTR if I would have blocked him down the straight starting lap 10. I figured he would give me a passing opportunity somewhere on the brakes in the last lap, but no. He turned on the afterburners and ran a 1:37 lap. I had no chance of catching him. Had I blocked him he may not have ran such a good lap. I may have needed to run a really defensive lap to keep him behind me, but oh well. Doesn’t really matter.

I’ll have to try a stock Supra next.

Tried Fuji again today (finally had some time) and I used a 700pp-tuned 2002 NSX Type R with RH tires. After countless tries due to either the AI spinning me into oblivion or me doing it by myself, and a 3rd place finish after trying to recover from one of said spins, I eventually managed to pull out a close victory over Gallo by 0.6 seconds. It was really fun, very close racing, if only the AI wasn't so dirty...which, combined with what I think is the main issue of this game's single player mode (AI cars being brick walls on rails, causing you to lose grip and spin at the bare touch of them), ruins what would otherwise be the perfect single player event.

Oh, and sometimes the AI boost activates while they're ahead, making them run some unachievable lap times and glitching the race.

I still wish we could keep this event, with all its flaws it is by far one of the best ones in the game together with the Civic Touring Car one at Suzuka.

20970418856859133.jpg

Race 1 - Corvette C7 '14 - nice choice for this track, and ai. Made it to win easily. Got the 100k ticket.

1900de1bee077-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 2 - F-150 Raptor SVT - very strange combo in which I didn't enoyed, but won it.

1900de22baa62-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 3 - BMW VGT - never drove it before, so why not... Doesn't have a cocpit camera that I'm using. This St. Croix layout even have some sense. Won it, got 200k ticket.

1900de268bb26-screenshotUrl.jpg

Gave another go at JGTCC event, this time with the NSX '00, in normal difficulty, was too easy again. I will try with a lesser car next.

Best lap around 1:37.XXX
You're fast, I can't manage anything lower than 1:40 with all the cars I've tried so far, I'm too bad on the last sector. Running 700pp cars on Normal difficulty.

Wonder if the next races will be back to ye ol One Make Tesla.
Recently it seems that the special events are always centered around update cars. We had the V40 one make, the JGTC (for the NSX), next one may be a 240 one make, or again a Civic event.

Recently it seems that the special events are always centered around update cars. We had the V40 one make, the JGTC (for the NSX), next one may be a 240 one make, or again a Civic event.
May well be. A One Make 240 at The Glen seems about right. I’m only guessing most 240s probably reside in North East and North West USA.

Wonder if the next races will be back to ye ol One Make Tesla.
I would predict something Le Mans related but most likely it will be something else :P
May well be. A One Make 240 at The Glen seems about right. I’m only guessing most 240s probably reside in North East and North West USA.
Cant No GIF by WE tv

1718276919539.png

My likely picks for this week:

European Sunday Cup 500 - Alpine A110 ‘17
Special Event - Alpine A110 ‘17
American FR Challenge 550 - Chevrolet Camaro SS ‘16
Ferrari Circuit Challenge - Ferrari LaFerrari
WTC 800 - Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3

Didn't we have the Ferrari Challenge at Lago Maggiore just 2 weeks ago?🤔
Probably Ferrari favouritism at the weekly race decision meeting.

Don't see it from 2 weeks ago in my video replays but Ferrari's have been special p[icks for last 3 weeks so maybe that's why because they're racies involving those cars in the weekly roster.
:lol:

Didn't we have the Ferrari Challenge at Lago Maggiore just 2 weeks ago?🤔
We sure did.

Back