Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,668 comments
PD aren't half laying it on thick when it comes to matching real life races lately:
  • We had the round of Manufacturers, a Time Trial and two events in the same Weeklies two weeks ago for the Nurburgring 24 Hours
  • We've had the TGR Cup, a Time Trial, a Daily Race and now the WTC800 as a Weekly for the Le Mans 24 Hours
  • Now we have both a Time Trial and a Special Event at Barcelona just before the Spanish GP. Wouldn't shock me if next week's Daily B or C is there too.
Plus we had that Daytona daily race in the Roadster TC just as a similar race was happening. They're really leaning into it.

I think I'll re-use some former Special Event cars, they're all still stock, so here's a possible line-up :

European Sunday Cup 500 : V40 '13
Special Event : A110 '17
American FR Challenge 550 : Model 3 '23 ( if eligible )
Ferrari Circuit Challenge : Dino 246 GT '71
WTC 800 : Wilwood GT-R GT500 '99

Last edited:
PD aren't half laying it on thick when it comes to matching real life races lately:
  • We had the round of Manufacturers, a Time Trial and two events in the same Weeklies two weeks ago for the Nurburgring 24 Hours
  • We've had the TGR Cup, a Time Trial, a Daily Race and now the WTC800 as a Weekly for the Le Mans 24 Hours
  • Now we have both a Time Trial and a Special Event at Barcelona just before the Spanish GP. Wouldn't shock me if next week's Daily B or C is there too.
Plus we had that Daytona daily race in the Roadster TC just as a similar race was happening. They're really leaning into it.
Also worth noting that the thumbnail cars all represent LM24 competitors this week: Porsche, Ferrari, and Alpine all in LMH, and the Ford Mustang's LMGT3 debut...

... Can you get a shaft from a 6* ticket?
No. Only from a 16* ticket !

Bildschirmfoto 2024-06-13 um 14.09.13.png

This weeks challenge looks good. Hopefully if I get the chance to do it I won't get a 3rd AMG VGT Racing Series 🤣 . That car is starting to be like Bugatti invites for me. Speaking of which I will probably getting one of those in the next couple of weeks as well. 🤣🤣🤣

Well that was a surprise indeed, was not expecting the A110. WTC800 at Le Mans was to be expected given what week is this, and once again Ferrari at Maggiore? Give me a break, it's the same event from two weeks ago 😭

But on the bright side, no Tesla!

Anyways, here are my cars for the week, this will be interesting!

Screenshot_20240613-153645.png

Last edited:
It was meant to be the one last final race and the daily marathon with the NSX '00 at Fuji before I start preparing for the next batch of challenges and sell the car. And this happened :
Why are you selling the car? It's a good car. Are you that strapped for credits? Run Sardegna once and you will get as many credits as you would for selling the NSX.

Last edited:
I'm finally done with school for the summer and now have some actual guilt free time to play some GT7! Was able to knock out this weeks races yesterday.

First up was the American 550 at Laguna and it was a pretty basic race. Used my RTR Mustang rep and it was OP for this one, but the this 2 lapper isn't really worth running more than once.

20970232428349230.jpg

Next up was the Truck race at Daytona... and it's another nothing burger. Recently built a Tundra for fun and used it here. Truck looks awesome, but the race is a snooze fest.

20829926767510994.jpg

20829228188339836.jpg

After that was the Race of Turbo Sports at St. Croix (you know, the awesome track that a bunch of people hate for whatever reason). I did this one first in a 600PP swapped Integra and it just didn't have the straight line speed to catch up with the FL5 Civic that seems to have like... 700hp.

After that I went with my Gears and Gasoline EVO rep at 620PP and took the lead in the second lap. It was too easy, but still a fun race. This thing is a little twitchy on the brakes but the car is just a beast. G&G lost their Advance Auto Parts sponsor for this season so this car is irrelevant now, but it took a long time to make and it looks great, so it's gonna stick around until a new livery is made for the IRL car.

For the race at Nurburgring GP I went with the glorious Alfa GTAM and had a good time. This this is probably one of the best handling cars in the game, and it punches well above its PP. First place was waaay up there, but the Alfa reeled him in with little effort, and looked spectacular doing it.

Finally the was the All Japan Championship. I've been reading the comments about it (good and bad) and was expecting some shenanigans but there really wasn't anything unusual in this one for me. I only did it once with no practice in the new GT300 NSX straight out of the box on RH tires. I've never driven it so I started off pretty slow with my lap times getting quicker as the race went on. Second place came easy, but the first place McLaren long-tail was 13 seconds ahead at the end. I'm gonna give it another run today and see if the NSX can win it. I know some others have won with this car, but it might take a stickier tire compound to pull it off.

No video until I win it, but I did put a bunch of time into making the NSX an example of what a JUN Auto version might look like if there ever was one. This thing also drives amazingly. It hooks up really well, shifts fast, sounds great and is prone to just a little bit of understeer that can be tamed on the brakes. Will be using it a lot in the future.

Also just realized its a GT500 car, and not GT300, so the side graphics are gonna get an update before I race again here in a bit.

20970678577885291.jpg

20970520355946696.jpg

20970720634066444.jpg

Last edited:
Still boggles my mind. PD might as well have Group 4’d all the latest cars: A110, AMG GT, R8(even if they kept it 4WD). No need to build the race car interiors since they left the Supra that way. Just do it.

Why are you selling the car? It's a good car. Are you that strapped for credits? Run Sardegna once and you will get as many credits as you would for selling the NSX.
This is super odd to me as well... I can see no reason to sell pretty much any car, and the NSX is just a really good thing to have in the garage.
Didn't we have the Ferrari Challenge at Lago Maggiore just 2 weeks ago?🤔
Yeah... this exact race. I've mentioned before how GT sometimes phones it in my re-using tracks/classes for these weeklies, but this is just a new level of lazy!

... Are you that strapped for credits? ...
Nah, it's the opposite. I don't know what to do with all my credits. 🤷‍♂️

I have all the cars, I have all swappable cars separately, I have a couple more ... and most of them just to be complete.
There's about 60 favorite cars I needed and used permanently for finishing the game. They all have permanent mods though, so I have started to buy what I need or want for the weekly challenges, have them full stock first and build them from scratch if necessary. Make a simple livery, quick and dirty, a bit of extra fun. And when a week is over ... sell them. Keeping my garage as lean and clean as possible. Call it nuts or super odd ... or call me nuts - it's just how I like to play the game.

Cool, that you've been asking. :)

Last edited:
Race 4 - F40 '92 - my third choice, previous didn't make it to first three. Now I came 3rd, behind GT-R NISMO and C8' 20

190131e65ce34-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 5 - Nissan GT500 '00 - first I thought it is normal "endurance" race with tire wear and fuel consuming... That was few restarts. Then I realized that there are no this conditions, so I bought RS and High RPM TC. Went racing and it was lap 9 when i spun and fall from 1st to 9th position - didn't made to reach top in last lap. Finally, I made it to win in next attempt. Got the 500k ticket.

190131e8de835-screenshotUrl.jpg

Well that was a surprise indeed, was not expecting the A110. WTC800 at Le Mans was to be expected given what week is this, and once again Ferrari at Maggiore? Give me a break, it's the same event from two weeks ago 😭

But on the bright side, no Tesla!

Anyways, here are my cars for the week, this will be interesting!

View attachment 1364474
Had to reroll the first car as the two Panteras I have are both too much for this race, one is even swapped. Instead I'll be using the Peugeot 208 GTI, already have all of the five cars ready for the next set!

Man, this Japan race is all over the place! Looking at some peoples responses I can't make heads or tails out of how these races play out!

I ran it twice, both times in a stock '00 NSX GT500, first time on hards, second on mediums, hard difficulty, ABS weak, nothing else. The first race I got into second easily, but the longtail won by 13 seconds, the second time on mediums I got into third early on in lap 5 staying in front of the longtail, but was never able to catch the Skyline and NSX ahead.

I was running consistent mid-high 1:38s with a total race time of 16:27 at what I thought was a pretty good pace, but couldn't pull it off. This race seems to change a LOT depending on circumstances... I see some people winning it with total race times in the 16:40-50s... that's a big sway in times!

Regardless, I've been talking too much about how I stack up against the AI and others while ignoring how good this race is. The other cars on track kept a good pace, there was no rubber banding to be found in my runs, and the McLaren seemed to actually be a little off pace down the straight compared to my stock NSX, whereas it seems to be a demon in other's races. I had a GREAT battle for 5 laps with the longtail, him keeping me in check, ready to pounce on any mistake and maintaining pressure on me. Really good stuff... too bad it disappears tonight.

Probably going to do this one a couple more times, and at least once with something OP for the fun of it!

Last edited:
Cars for this week.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240614010138.png

Race 1 - Thought I bring out this oldie lambo since I haven't use it in a long while.

Race 2 - Mostly stock A110 only added SS tires.

Race 3 - Didn't know what car to use so I went with this mustang since I barely use the mustang.

Race 4 - I see Ferrari event I bring my ffx-k.:cool:

Race 5 - I used the 919 cause to me nothing says 24 hours of le man like one of this beautiful p1 cars.

And my 6* ticket stuff gave me.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240614010248.jpg

Latest Posts

Back