Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,696 comments
I'm hoping two of this week's challenges will consist of the new cars from this update. That's what normally happens when PD shows us an update for the game.

I'm hoping two of this week's challenges will consist of the new cars from this update. That's what normally happens when PD shows us an update for the game.
Just the GT-R Cup event that was added in the new update is in the Weekly Challenge.

There's actually something doubly interesting about the DTM race, which I don't recall seeing before in GT7...

Edit: No, it's just unusual, not new. Also the regulations appear to be the same as the Super GT event: none.
Standing start?

Finished up the Weekly challenge. Used the newest Alfa at Eiger after trying the Ferrari GTO no pic unfortunately
Then I used the Dodge VGT at Daytona
19253030e8f85-screenshotUrl.jpg

I had a terrible time with the Gallardo. It was mostly stock and I kept getting the snap oversteer but it was because I was braking too late. Each lap was worst than the previous lap. I got into 1st on the last lap but I missed my braking piont on one of the curves and finished in 2nd.
I took the VW VGT Gr3 to Spain

1925302c72986-screenshotUrl.jpg

Finally in honor of getting a free 787b I took the 787b to the Glenn
1925302dfcb8-screenshotUrl.jpg

I actually got a part that I could use in carbon brakes for a C8 Corvette. I bought a couple of them because saw someone driving a C8 and really liked the color so I bought them and painted that color. Got Veyron which I sold . On to this week, it looks good this week

After playing all day with new toys the update brought, I read about the upcoming WCs and that DTM Special Event. And while I was heavily thinking about what car to use for this ( focusing a bit on the Alfa at Hagerty's ) I checked Nagano's randomizer that came up with this :

WC_241004_RS.jpg

Bingo ! If the tool wants me to do so ... :lol:

And here's my current garage :

WC_241004_GS.jpg

Ready to go !

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges: Double Deutsche

A new set of Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges will become available today, depending on where you are in the world, bringing a fresh set of five events to tackle during the week — including a very unusual Special Event that harks back to a classic motorsport era...

Had a crack straight away in my E30 Evo. I got left for dead in the first two laps. Watched the replay and first off, good stuff by PD on the liveries. They put time and effort into each one. Surely PD saw my orange Steinberger E30 and got inspiration. :sly:

Next, all AI have aero and are using RH. The suspensions look low and they’re cornering with lots of grip. Noting the 190 E, it’s one of the cars where set too low and the front tyres rub the inner guards. PD obviously know this and the front looks high to compensate. The anti-roll bar setting looks soft and it doesn’t have the wide offset.
Power wise, I’m going to gather each E30, 190 E and RS 500 are at max power. I’ll definitely have more to say when I have another crack this afternoon. Now, make it permanent, PD. We know you’re reading these posts. :mischievous:

Had a crack straight away in my E30 Evo. I got left for dead in the first two laps. Watched the replay and first off, good stuff by PD on the liveries. They put time and effort into each one. Surely PD saw my orange Steinberger E30 and got inspiration. :sly:

Next, all AI have aero and are using RH. The suspensions look low and they’re cornering with lots of grip. Noting the 190 E, it’s one of the cars where set too low and the front tyres rub the inner guards. PD obviously know this and the front looks high to compensate. The anti-roll bar setting looks soft and it doesn’t have the wide offset.
Power wise, I’m going to gather each E30, 190 E and RS 500 are at max power. I’ll definitely have more to say when I have another crack this afternoon. Now, make it permanent, PD. We know you’re reading these posts. :mischievous:
Are they all at the Alfa's PP level then? Do any of your Group A tunes keep up with them?

Are they all at the Alfa's PP level then? Do any of your Group A tunes keep up with them?
Not sure about the Alfas. My tunes don't have widebody or the optional rear GT wings. Only my 190 E has front and rear downforce. My E30 Evo's usually only have rear downforce, but I have those at 50-100. My RS 500 are stock body. Plus, I don't know if the AI RS 500 are at minimum weight. Where I have my RS 500s at 1035kg.

Going to be cool to experiment with this one. :)

Back