Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,866 comments
I echo your sentiment on this week's Gr.1 race. I ran the Peugeot 908 with a maxed qualifying setup and regretted it. Whenever I was beside the AI, they'd out brake me into a corner, only to get in front and brake check me. Even the Group Cs were doing it. A bunch of cars ran out of fuel and became rolling hazards too.

Also, are you doing all your races with ABS off?
Only with the cars that don't have it in real life, otherwise I use weak ABS.

2 races back to back and finally i get CRB at Suzuka both times
frozen-anna-excited-yes-byqrjelyzxkjjjub.gif

I know that most of you will say
7ba72ea9d429364cec820d9dbf9aa6a8.gif

TL : DR: managed a 3rd place on my first attempt at Gr.1 Road Atlanta (hard difficulty).

I had long put off running the Gr.1 Road Atlanta race. Didn't even want to consider running a 950pp car there for half an hour or so. Well, needs must and all that. Bought the Hyundai N VGT Gr.1, slapped on the latest @praiano63 tune. Running 1:08 in testing.

Come the race, quickly came apparent that this car, although kind to its tyres, likes to guzzle gas. Necessitating FM6, and what became a 3 stopper, 7 laps each for the first two stints.

I spun and lost 6 seconds on my second lap. Kept going, for the sake of 'research'. Was able to consistently run 1:10s. Got a 1 sec penalty for pit lane infringement on my second stop.

Came out of the pits after my last pit stop in 5th place. Passed Gallo. Then a car in front of me pitted. Didn't see who it was at first, until he came out behind me... Solis, the owner of the fastest lap. Oh heck. Managed to keep him behind me for the last two laps, for a slightly anxious 3rd place. Job done. My fastest lap was in the mid 1:09s.

This may become a new favourite race for me. It's relentless. I will look to run a better strategy next time.

Last edited:
This may become a new favourite race for me. It's relentless. I will look to run a better strategy next time.
I agree! I enjoyed it throughout my first and only attempt so far, 20-odd laps watching my fuel and the track limits. Even when the writing was on the wall that i would have to make an unexpected 2nd pitstop and I knew i was on a hiding to nothing, the thrill of the circuit and vehicle combo kept the adrenaline pumping.

Race 1 at Broad Bean Raceway was a cakewalk of course, even in the stock spec 356 ( 363 PP ) I used. If we had a Midget I'd try this. Not saying though I didn't have fun !
WC_241004_R1.jpg

The similar goes for the second event at Autopolis. I de-tuned the Civic to roughly match the PP suggestion and it still was too fast here. Took the credits and moved on.
WC_241004_R2.jpg

I had tried the Lancer-Meeting two weeks ago with my race trim Evo X ( 599 PP ) and found this to be a real challenge. So I basically knew, starting with a stock Evo V was pretty much pointless. I did anyway ... watching the competition ahead ... from a steadily increasing distance. Lacking patience I instantly bought everything available to make the car faster, ended up with another racing machine ( 675 PP ) and demolished the field. What can I say : No regrets on my side but big time fun !

WC_241004_R3.jpg

Like some others here I was surprised ( and a bit shocked ) that the Roadster TC is eligible for the Special event. But everything went fine with standard version I had bought. What I did was attach some aero parts, wide wheels, all removable power parts and SS tires for a final 550 PP ... which was good enough for the win. And maybe the sweet spot for a great race. Got in the lead at the end of lap 3 and brought it home. On a sidenote this car is a dream to drive, this thing for sure knows the way around Suzuka.

WC_241004_R4.jpg

I always need some time to get into my flow with super fast cars and I needed some additional time at MRRA to calm down from many many stupid AI moves, but after a couple of re-starts the race wasn't that hard anymore.
Needed three stops with the LM55 VGT ( 935 PP ) changing tires once halfway through the race. FM5 for the biggest part, RM compound, 1.07 - 1.08 laps without traffic ... and without pit lane penalties.

WC_241004_R5.jpg

Race of the week ? : Evos at Kyoto imo ! :cheers:

Back