Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,948 comments
Cool, this 6* will complete my 6* collection currently waiting for a happy family picture

Bac Mono special event, cool too.

Why the picture you post is always so small ? I can barely read.

Again St. croissant???
Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

The forum has a maximum image size it will display without resizing. The picture is that size.
Your image is 800px wide while the forum can display 1000px wide images in posts ?

And wider images (1200px) can be viewed in a lightbox too.

So I am a bit surprised by your answer.
Try Ctrl+ to zoom in?
It just shows a bigger image, not a better quality.

Not a big deal, but I've never understood why those weekly events screen caps are so small

Suspicious Futurama GIF

I used to think that it was to limit the interest of stealing them for Twitter or else, but as long as they are watermarked with GTPlanet...

Last edited:
Your image is 800px wide while the forum can display 1000px wide images in posts ?

And wider images (1200px) can be viewed in a lightbox too.

So I am a bit surprised by your answer.
Here's 1280x720:

1729165940252.png

And 1000x563:

1729165969577.png

And 800x450:

1729165995001.png

And a screenshot of all three at once in my post:

1729166160886.png

It just shows a bigger image, not a better quality.
Yes, that's how zooming in works outside of TV cop shows.

They're crap quality because they're off a PS4. They start at 1920x1080, but then I have to crop the black borders off so they're about 1800x1024. I resize them to 1280x720 (and leave the watermark off) for the article, and post them in here in 800x450.

Here's a PS4-original-size shot of one event compared to a PS5-shrunk-to-match version:

1729166960272.png

I don't think it's hard to see the quality difference.

Personally, despite my advancing age and deteriorating vision, I can read all four of the events, work out what the Special is, and read the prizes on the 800x450 shot. I don't know what other information you'd need.

Can I get back to the articles now?

Last edited:
I used the LM55 but FM6. I'll have to give FM4 a go, but as I recall I didn't have much fuel left at the pit stops.
I think I was going about 7 laps or so I don't remember. I tried FM6 but I didn't feel like I had enough speed so I tried FM4 and I felt like I had enough speed with good fuel economy. There was a lot of short shifting so that probably helped

Well all the layout's of it are long and complex to do, that's why I try not to race there much. But when I see it in the Weekly challenge list, it is hard not to resist the temptation to complete the race held there.

Since the randomizer seems still bugged, I had a look into my garage and thought I'd stick with some of my former Special Event cars.
The Skyline is engine-swapped now, the Gallardo is @AlexWilmot 's tune. Not sure about its fuel consumption but ... I'll see tomorrow. Think I've got a nice mix of fast and super fast cars :D - ready to go !

WC_241018_GS.jpg

Last edited:
Since the randomizer seems still bugged, I had a look into my garage and thought I'd stick with some of my former Special Event cars.
The Skyline is engine-swapped now, the Gallardo is @AlexWilmot 's tune. Not sure about its fuel consumption but ... I'll see tomorrow. Think I've got a nice mix of fast and super fast cars :D - ready to go !

View attachment 1398224
To me it does not look bugged itself, I think simply @Nakano219 (to whom I give many thanks for this awesome tool, something PD could and should simply implement in game!) has had no chance to manually add the new races, but it is still possible to select manually the events.
1729190320997.png

Had to reroll twice the Sunday Cup because first it gave me the 356 Carrera I have in too many wallpapers now after all the special events and then the Barker Tourer which I do not have.

If anyone could suggest me a Scape that can give a good look to this set of cars in the photo with the five all together, please drop a hint

To me it does not look bugged itself, I think simply @Nakano219 (to whom I give many thanks for this awesome tool, something PD could and should simply implement in game!) has had no chance to manually add the new races, but it is still possible to select manually the events. ...
Thanks for this hint - I've checked again and have understood now how to operate it correctly in its current state. 👍

Oh dear, managed to complete the challenges at the very last this time, I was afraid I wouldn't make it.

1) Sunday Cup @ Broad Bean Raceway

Randomised a stock S660 for this one, which I had but never used. So I took it, added some cosmetic/aero stuff from GT Auto to make it look cool and painted it in the beautiful Valencia Red, then put some sports suspensions and Work ZR10 wheels again for the looks. Won easy, and the car was super fun to drive as well. Interested in trying the swapped version in the future.

20970695956555837.jpg

Didn't get shafted, but I already forgot what I won. Some Titanium connecting rods for the Aventador, maybe?

2) Japanese FF 450 @ Autopolis Short

Once again Rando gave me a car I had never driven before, being the Suzuki Swift Sport ZC31S which many of my friends actually own/owned irl. Painted it as usual and took on the race stock, wasn't enough. Added a couple mods, namely exhaust line and ECU, and this time managed to overtake the Integra on the last lap. Fun race!

20970053765320442.jpg

3) Evolution Meeting @ Kyoto Driving Park

So I realized I was running out of time badly, so I decided I'd just take this on with my Praiano 700pp Escudo Evolution X. Needless to say, dominated the race with ease and got the 150k ticket.

20970608076995622.jpg

4) Mazda MX-5 NA Special @ Suzuka

Again, I was in a hurry and was also very curious to try the 13B Miata which I've had ever since the Bonanza but never used, so why not? Put on the 700pp Praiano setup and literally ate the competition alive, by halfway through lap 1 I was on the lead. Gonna use this baby boy at Le Mans for the grind, it was super fun to drive.

20970696073326443.jpg

5) Gr.1 Prototypes @ Road Atlanta

So the final one, which I did the day after the other four (literally just finished it). Gym had me really tired plus I've been having thoughts running through my mind these days, so focus was not something I could count on. Had to try the R92CP as Rando said, but given all the situation I eventually used the LM55 and won with ease. No picture since it was scummy of me to do this.

Car ticket gave me the Ford GT LM Test Car Gr. 3 which saved me 1.2 mils so I'm happy.

Completed the last 2 races tonight, ran the Miata race twice, either side of Road Atlanta, as it was a fun race.
Won the Road Atlanta with my LM55 VGT regular version RM tyres and FM5. Stopped after 7 and 14 laps.

Prize car was this, which I already have from the gift for watching the World Tour event, so I sold the dupe for 530k credits. I'm now back to 3m credits building slowly to my next LCD target, or to fund purchase of new cars in any November update...
20241017_221901.jpg

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges: Mono Culture

Depending on where you are in the world, there’s a new set of Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges either now available or becoming available in the next few hours, with five more events to tackle across the next week...

Last edited:
Ran the Randomizer for next week while I was at it, had to manually set it up. And here goes:

1729203369542.png

Rerolled the GT-R Cup as it gave me the T-Spec once again and I used it last time at St. Croissant, wanted to use something else this time. And after countless years, I'll be driving my first Gr.3 ever once again, the C7!

Back