What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,795 comments
20211125_115010.jpg

20211125_131228.jpg

Turkey, turkey, gravy, gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy, mac n cheese, mac n cheese, corn, corn, cheesecake, cheesecake, and pecan pie.

I can't feel my legs. 🥴

EDIT: I also had stuffing along with stuffing.

Last edited:
Turkey, stuffing, White Castle slider stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, yams w/marshmallows, brussels sprouts, stuffed mushrooms, creamed onions, broccoli cheese rice, cranberry sauce (both real homemade & the canned jelly stuff), cherry peppers.

Plus some sort of apple caramel cake thing and gingerbread flavor Peeps. Oh, and plenty of alcohol of various kinds.

Feeling beyond full and can barely move, but it was totally worth it.

I wish to ask, is it common for Americans (US) to measure the internal temperature of food in accordance with the given guidelines?

I do have a temp probe, I’ve just never used it. Mostly because black = done and mostly because internal temperature seems arbitrary when it’s considered that cooking happens at all temperatures and all lengths of time.

Just wondering.

internal temperature seems arbitrary when it’s considered that cooking happens at all temperatures and all lengths of time.
That is exactly why you should cook to internal temperature instead of appearance. If could be burnt on the outside and still raw in the middle.

I never used to cook to temp until the last few years when I've gotten more into cooking, then I realized just how much I was over cooking things and drying them out for fear of under cooking.

Not sure if it's common, but I do and anyone who wants to cook meat "properly" should.

On some things it's not as important, but for things like grilling chicken breast a few minutes of time could lead to an overly dry experience. Dark meat is a bit more forgiving.

I wish to ask, is it common for Americans (US) to measure the internal temperature of food in accordance with the given guidelines?

I do have a temp probe, I’ve just never used it. Mostly because black = done and mostly because internal temperature seems arbitrary when it’s considered that cooking happens at all temperatures and all lengths of time.

Just wondering.
TB
That is exactly why you should cook to internal temperature instead of appearance. If could be burnt on the outside and still raw in the middle.

I never used to cook to temp until the last few years when I've gotten more into cooking, then I realized just how much I was over cooking things and drying them out for fear of under cooking.
We cook to temperature also. It can make a big difference on taste. A rare to medium rare steak is better than medium or more.
Not sure if it's common, but I do and anyone who wants to cook meat "properly" should.

On some things it's not as important, but for things like grilling chicken breast a few minutes of time could lead to an overly dry experience. Dark meat is a bit more forgiving.
Some things are definitely more forgiving. Chicken thighs are very forgiving. Sausages are forgiving too.

I usually will cut into something like a chicken breast to make sure it’s done. Other things, like beef steak and burgers, I just go by time on the heat.

Thanksgiving leftovers bowl!

Garlic mashed potatoes with bacon, topped with turkey, gravy, and buttered zucchini and yellow squash.

Oh, and some bread to wipe the bowl clean.

My high quality photo of spicy miso salmon ramen. Pretty amazing, though I wish it were Udon.

IMG_5368.JPG

Now it's vanilla cheesecake :cheers:

IMG_5370.JPG

This after a long day of walking and only bread and coffee for breakfast :D:D:D:D

spicy miso salmon ramen
Say that five times fast...

Past two days I haven't packed a lunch, well, I never pack a lunch. I either don't eat or just get something small at a gas station. Anyways, past two days I've had a slice of pizza, and a cheeseburger from Casey's for lunch. I don't know why, but I really enjoy their hot food. And I like the clean bathrooms. Casey's happens to be at the start of route, and on my way back. I either hit it in the morning, or at the end of the day.

Yesterday I took to cooking spaghetti (bucatini) for the first time because to my absolute shock, it turns out to be a lot cheaper than noodles.
I fried it with some mince and green peppers and well over estimated the portion size.
I’ve never cooked pasta before and I think I’m now converted from noodles.

Say that five times fast...

Past two days I haven't packed a lunch, well, I never pack a lunch. I either don't eat or just get something small at a gas station. Anyways, past two days I've had a slice of pizza, and a cheeseburger from Casey's for lunch. I don't know why, but I really enjoy their hot food. And I like the clean bathrooms. Casey's happens to be at the start of route, and on my way back. I either hit it in the morning, or at the end of the day.
Lol, I managed to do it.

Casey's is the joint I used to stop by when I did longer routes. They're usually really clean and have nice people working at them.

Two poached eggs, baby kale, potato pancake, smoked salmon and hollandaise. I love salmon. Oh, and some sourdough to clean up the drippins.

1155CCBA-5FB0-44E8-BD4A-6E5A2A8122B4.jpeg

I decided to do a break to NYC and I'm trying not to eat everything in sight. There's so many good places to eat here.

Last edited:
My wife and I went to a Thai restaurant that we've attempted to go to a few times and have struck out. It might just be my new favorite restaurant in town.

Neither of us has had Sake before, and I understand this is Sake Sake since it's infused but it was very good.

20211201_171952.jpg

I ordered "Volcano chicken" which is tempura chicken with broccoli, carrots (there was more than what is in the picture but I was too hungry and forgot to take a picture first) and spinach with sweet and spicy garlic chili sauce. Absolutely amazing.

20211201_173758.jpg

I had a craving for orange chicken and the orange sauce in my order tastes suspiciously like vodka.

:confused::confused:
Maybe they accidentally gave you OrangeVodJuiceKa.

I've been guilty of hitting up McDonalds on my way to work in the morning and getting a number five.

Bacon, egg, and cheese McGriddle. Hash brown. Iced Caramel Latte. Going for it again here in about 45 minutes. :P

At two large pepperoni pizzas today. That’s all I’ve eaten is pizza. I do this about once a week. I have to stop. My Levi’s won’t fit soon. :(

Maybe they accidentally gave you OrangeVodJuiceKa.

I've been guilty of hitting up McDonalds on my way to work in the morning and getting a number five.

Bacon, egg, and cheese McGriddle. Hash brown. Iced Caramel Latte. Going for it again here in about 45 minutes. :P
Spiked orange sauce. I mean, if they used whiskey, I don't think I would have minded it lol

I managed to check out Shake Shack for the first time. I got a bacon burger and fries. Wasn't bad, wasn't bad, but man, they put too much butter on the buns.

Five Guys is better, although a bit more expensive. In terms of price - quality ratio, Steak n Shake does better than all of them. Outside of the Midwest, Whataburger takes the crown. On the West Coast, In N Out is top tier. Since I'm on the topic, Rally's is garbage, along with White Castle.

Last edited:
TB
Three bricks of cream cheese in this sucker. :lol:
Hence the shortage.

Did tequila-tamarind grilled shrimp tacos and a shredded jicama salad. Salad was awesome, but the tacos were...meh. Oh well.

Presently enjoying a paloma made with Espolòn Blanco and fresh grapefruit juice and club soda instead of grapefruit soda.

School Christmas lunch today, of which the turkey and ham I most enjoyed. Unfortunately the spuds were mashed not roasted so I had my meat with rice instead.

Back