What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,454 comments
Capone_f0145eba-610b-4b3c-a9e6-4a8e14251a7f_500x.jpg

817HCudMTKL-600x774.jpg
My MAN! Those Jalapeño poppers are so good.

View attachment 1105065View attachment 1105066

Petit gateau

Coxinha (chicken and Cheese)
This is all I can think of when looking at those pictures... :lol:

f01.png

As for me, I've been eating ham, mayo, and barbecue sauce sandwiches for three days straight. Sometimes I get on this basic sandwich kick. Weird. It makes feel like total dad.

This thing was delicious. There was tender brisket in every bite, and it was seasoned perfectly. I got this at HEB, but when I googled for the picture I saw they sell it at Walmart. I thought I would have leftovers, but I ate every bit of it. But, the whole thing only had 550 calories.

117df332-1e85-4138-9071-a95b828793bd_1.f22f4bc693c55bed6a06be63f3efa9c3.jpg

20220129_151645.jpg
20220129_151711.jpg

Treated myself to a (massive) pizza this afternoon, partly because I've not had one in ages and partly because I'm hungover (for the first time in a while) and feeling sorry for myself. I also had a bottle of "Old & Unimproved" Irn Bru - a few years ago, the Scottish government introduced a sugar tax which made very high sugar drinks like Irn Bru too expensive, so they changed the recipe to a new lower sugar one, but now they also sell the original stuff at a premium, which is officially the best hangover cure known to man.

That pizza looks fantastic, @Touring Mars. Especially with the Tabasco. :drool:

My lunch was good but a lot less amazing that that - a sweet kale salad with cranberries, assorted nuts and poppyseed dressing. Costco had a 2 pack on sale for $3 so I figured why not.

20220129_132913.jpg

The bonus part is that I'm still eating it now :lol:

I can't take credit for it though, my mate Malcolm invented 'the Malcolm special' which is the same as the above but with green peppers and onions too. The meat is salsiccia, pepperoni and meatballs, and tabasco and/or chilli flakes are a must too.

I've still got 2 slices left, so that's breakfast sorted too.

Last edited:
I ordered some Duck Donuts for the family today.

I had totally forgot that I had a location near me. It was a 50 minute drive one way, but totally worth it.

Everyone has enjoyed them.

I did a custom dozen, and then assorted for the other box. Here is the custom order:

Screenshot_20220129-105323_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220129-105351_Chrome.jpg

Creamy-Pork-and-Apple-Casserole-tall1-32.webp

Creamy-Pork-and-Apple-Casserole-Ingredients.webp

I attempted to make this for myself last night - 'creamy pork apple casserole' (recipe and images from here)

I went to trouble of going to a large supermarket to find pork shoulder steaks, which I was lucky to find. I even went to the trouble to get that exact cyder (yes, cyder with a 'y'!), but swapped out the double cream for creme fraiche as my friend used to make delicious sauces with that. I also bought some fancy chicken stock in a can...

273146446_10100493017992568_1704333004260046768_n.jpg

Anyway, it was all going swimmingly until I added the creme fraiche and it instantly curdled. :indiff: The whole casserole was now awash with small white lumps that I was hoping would dissolve after a while, but they didn't. I also tasted the sauce and it was OK but quite disappointing, and even with the lid off the casserole dish it wasn't reducing anywhere near fast enough.

So I was pretty gutted, and decided I had to try and rescue it by draining half of the sauce off with a cup and reducing it manually in a pot on the gas hob. Even this took much longer - about 20 minutes - than I had expected, but man did it work...

Ad-Rock Reaction GIF by Beastie Boys

...the sauce thickened up, the lumps disappeared, and the flavour intensified more and more. The by-now slow-cooked pork was still in the pot, so I took half of it out and plated it before covering it with the reduced/thickened sauce.

The pork was so tender and yet seared on the outside, so it was really tasty and easy to eat. Although the raw meat was quite unappealing (to say the least), there was not a single piece of it that was not good to eat, as most/all of the fat had broken down. But the sauce was a great hit, and so I've got the rest of it to eat tonight.

Hainanese pork chop... apparently, this is what the Chinese call schnitzel/escalope

OMG that looks gorgeous.
I made it again on Sunday for my Mum and she really enjoyed it, so I was very happy with that. It wasn't quite as good as last week, but it is a nice new addition to the repetoire of potential family meals.

Tonight I made the best schnitzel I've ever made (well, also the first schnitzel I've ever made, but hey...) I should have made it straight after getting home but I wasn't very hungry, so I made the classic error of opening a bottle of wine first, and hence I ended up making the schnitzel a bit pissed, but it was quite good. I've always been a bit scared of frying stuff in a lot of oil (in spite of my Scottish genes), so having some booze first took the edge off (though ironically made the whole process considerably more dangerous), but the end result was nice... though my kitchen floor is now a bit slippy (because of the spitting oil from the pan) and I've also discovered that I do need an apron in order to shield my clothes from the splash-back from beating my meat.

I also need a proper hammer/pounder for tenderising pork, but I made do with a rolling pin. I Googled 'pork pounder' and I'm quite surprised at the diversity of products available on the internet.

Last edited:
This one is hard to resist. I think I will have to sit it out. It is going to blow up too much for me to handle.

Just finishing off the last of my weekend bbq tenderloin in a few wholewheat rolls. Perfect quick dinner. I have no doubt I’ll eat whatever ice cream is in the freezer once I’ve finished my pork.

Back