What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,454 comments
20220209_185337.jpg

Sniffin this bag of hot braised chicken wings from Han’s place, life’s good. Also stopped by a Mexican bakery and got some elusive pastries I haven’t seen since my CA days.

I’ve gone off the ghost pepper Lays and I’m now binge eating these.
7C19D578-734F-4DC1-A056-DE9D925D7E08.jpeg

They’re made just up the road from where I work coincidentally. They’re also lower in fat than regular crisps and the closest I can get to Frazzles.

Beef rump:
7353893A-93EC-4366-890E-F75461C65B49.jpeg

Edit: turned out a bit too pink but it still tastes good. I prefer medium but better luck next time I suppose.
4F463800-527E-4EF1-ADC8-50E620ACC2E9.jpeg

Attachments

• 4AE5ABF7-EB24-4055-93EF-1C70C2125862.jpeg
    4AE5ABF7-EB24-4055-93EF-1C70C2125862.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Throw the sausage away and put the potato on there. They’re better that way.
Why not eat both?

I just accidentally cooked a good sized steak rare. It was a bit disappointing as I prefer it less pink and without blood. I must buy thiner steaks in future. It’s not the first time I’ve made this mistake.
However, it was a filling meal and that’s what matters.

Last edited:
I 'treated' myself to a takeaway for lunch just now as I have something in the slow cooker for tonight.

I didn't know what to go for, but there's a new chicken place near work so I stopped in there to try it out. It turns out a (cute) Chinese girl I used to work with works in there at the weekends, though she didn't let on/recognise me (probably the hat and the mask, but hey...)

Anyway, I reckon it was maybe her first day as she didn't seem to know what I asked for - there is only like two lunchtime meal options :lol: And, as far as I can tell anyway, she got my order wrong.

So, I took it back to my (old) office to dig in, and oh man, it was quite probably the worst takeaway I've ever had. The chips were a bit soggy and not very hot, the order was wrong, and the extra 'black' chicken wings looked less than appetising. But the chicken itself was the real problem. It was truly nasty, and I didn't eat half of it. And the stuff I did eat left me feeling a bit queasy.

So, I may well have ended up ruining my dinner - but fortunately I won't be eating that for around another 5 hours, so hopefully it hasn't spoiled what should be a real feast (slow cooked lamb Rogan Josh...)

As for WFC Glasgow, avoid avoid avoid.

run away monty python GIF

Fueled up yesterday before a four hour, four mile hike. Phone said it was almost 20,000 steps. :crazy:

20220220_135036.jpg

I swear there's egg, cheese and bacon in with all that arugula! :lol:

Between being exhausted, the rain and the humidity, by the time we were done with the hike we had no desire to go out to eat so we had chicken enchiladas and Spanish rice at the condo. With a few shots of Tabasco and some pineapple wine.

20220219_164023.jpg

Last edited:
The salsa ones are fantastic as well.
100% agreed.

I'm currently enjoying a couple Mountain Dew Kickstarts. They're strangely hard to find. I only know of a single Safeway near me that carries them. They always have Orange Citrus and Wild Cherry, usually have Grape, sometimes have Fruit Punch, and have never had the Pineapple Orange Mango flavor.

4730464_EC_Front@2x-1.png
4731218_EC_Front@2x-1.png

Last edited:
Forgot to plan dinner, so put in a frozen sausage pizza.

My oven is a turd, wouldn't get above 200°F. After cancelling it and re-entering the temp a couple times it started kind of working. Ended up with a slightly burnt pizza after 40+ minutes, but it was still good.

Back