What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,795 comments
TB
I'm just helping America cut calories one pie at a time. :P
Game Show Genius GIF by ABC Network

Had 4 Cheese Ravioli & a Garlic & Herb Naan (sounds weird but delicious). Followed by a huge slice from a Panettone (get one or two... or three this time of year) and a cup of tea for my lunch.

For our evening meal it looks like a Shepherds Pie and mixed veggies followed by another slice of Panettone and a cup of tea.

I normally go for Stolen as my cake of choice in the holidays but this year all I can get are really horrid ones (I blame Brexit :D) So it's Panettone all the way this year. I don't do traditional Christmas Cake as I find it too heavy, and when I have a slice of cake or pie, I like a proper slice.

I sous-vide(d) a steak. This was my second attempt, and it turned out great. The first time I did it at 133° F, and it was closer to medium, a little overdone for my taste. This time I did it at 129° F. It was pretty thin, so I was a little worried, that it would overcook while I was searing it, but it came out just the way I liked it.

IMG_20211217_183450016.jpg

Prior to now, a haven't tried to cook a steak in over 15 years. I was always disappointed, I always overcooked them. This method is awesome. It is foolproof.

I had a ribeye a few days ago and pan fried it in butter. I’ve been getting good at cooking steaks but I didn’t realise how thin this one was and slightly over cooked it. It was still nice, but not as pink as I wanted it.

The last few pieces of slab beef jerky in my freezer, half a jar of spicy pickled garlic, and a double decker chocolate Moon Pie. Also a beer.

Hot chocolate with a couple ounces of Skrewball.
The last few pieces of slab beef jerky in my freezer, half a jar of spicy pickled garlic, and a double decker chocolate Moon Pie. Also a beer.
Worst. Smoothie. Ever.

Last edited:
Only 13 replies in this thread?

What button did you just press, @TB?

EDIT: Distracted, just had a bowl of chicken and brown rice. Mmm.

Last edited:
Currently 2 hours into cooking this pork joint on a low heat on the barbie.
92DD806B-C805-41B3-8968-2692D11F1BED.jpeg

I think it’ll be done in another hour.

Result: I wished I’d remember to salt it before grilling, as I didn’t get the crackling from the fat cap. Very pleased with the result and now have a week’s worth of protein to enjoy.

031E0B68-54D7-471D-85C8-FF56395A24C1.jpeg

Next week I’ll try a honey glaze.

Last edited:
Wifey brought home 2 beef kebabs. I was gonna save one for the morning but they were too yummy.

Edit: that pork roast above is almost gone. That too is too yummy not to eat.

I’m gonna get so fat.

Last edited:
I recently started doing the curbside pick-up for groceries. One of my favorite stores is HEB, but I never go there because the parking is awful. But with curbside...

H-E-B-Pork-Carnitas-Tacos.jpg

These were really good, but I added salsa, cheese and jalapenos.

IMG_20220107_231652517.jpg

But the thing they have that no one else around here has are Screamin' Sicilian singles. I didn't even know they made these until I was shopping on HEB's website.

7a0d30a7-ff4f-486c-a956-dc4fe3d5c513.1a7f5d74430e549605afea6dadbac040.jpg

I added some anchovies, and a little Parmesan cheese.

IMG_20220108_181213943.jpg

These pizzas, oh my god, they are so good.

Back