What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,443 comments
5622554E-5DE5-4089-8176-3CAE24781F76.jpeg

516B91F3-9266-4134-B322-20BCBAB910E0.jpeg

7662EC5D-22B9-417A-BBD9-205D206EC4E1.jpeg

Dog, I agree.

Few pints and cheese ham toasty (grilled cheese I think is the American term). I made them with a lot of butter and I can feel my arteries clogging up in real time.

Lunch yesterday.

Fried Mac n Cheese Balls.

Loaded BBQ Chicken Sandwich
(American cheese, Bacon, BBQ Sauce, Chipotle Mayonnaise)

It included onion rings as well, which I opted out of.

20220411_141811.jpg
20220411_141833.jpg
20220411_143220.jpg
20220411_143919.jpg

It was so good. Of course, only speaking of the amount that I could intake. I'll eat the rest of it tonight for dinner. 😂

How can someone that usually orders double meals get away with eating just that as well?
3000 calories one day, 1000 the next. Mix in a reasonable amount of exercise and a penchant for wanting to eat healthy…
My daily average intake in non-junk food is probably 1500 calories. I do crave pizza and kebabs but mostly I refrain. Beer on the other hand…
It’s just a matter of optimising my input.

20220414_123902.jpg20220414_124010.jpg

Went for lunch with my old workmates today and we tried out a brand new gyros restaurant near work, despite the fact that there's already a very good gyros van near work (called MacTassos) that we have gone to many times before. The question is, who will get our business in the future, Gyros or MacTassos??

Pros: Tasty, nearby, good selection of stuff
Cons: WAY too expensive (£26 for two gyros, one side and one can of Coke!); too slow (21 minute wait); no 'mixed' option (pork or chicken, but not both); can of Coke was £2.40 (?!) and Halloumi fries were £8 for 8 pieces (?!); some options not available

Verdict: Not a patch on MacTassos. MacTassos does a mixed gyros for £5.50, plus £1 for grilled halloumi extra and £1 for a can: total price £7.50; better quality too; Gyros was almost double the price: £14 for much the same thing.

-

Oh, and we got interviewed on our way out by two girls who were getting customers' feedback on camera.

They asked us what we ordered and how we enjoyed it, even though they could clearly see we had takeaway and hence hadn't eaten it yet!

Homer Simpson Thinking GIF

I decided to be kind and not moan about the horrendous price of a can of Coke, or the fact that it took over 20 minutes to prepare something that MacTassos can make in a minute...

Last edited:
MacTassos it is then.

If the Dr. Pepper costs as much as the meal I’m out.

Im not really in tune with kebab prices in the UK. Lamb doner in a pita sets me back about £2. I know it’s a different climate here and prices vary, but anything more than a £5 fora meat sandwich is beyond reasonable. Unless it includes the Dr. Pepper.

Edit: Dr. Pepper here costs about £2 per can on average.

Last edited:
TB
I was hoping for stegosaurus pig. :(

If it's any consolidation, I had 5 of them. It was over a kilo of pork chops, 2 lumber jack steaks, 3 spicy pork steaks and some chicken filets.
And a bunch of baguettes with aioli.

I had trouble moving around well into the night.

I think it would be a laugh if food posts here had the dish names portmanteau’d.
This occurred to me as I was just cooking my froast, which I decided on over freggs due to only having bread and eggs on hand. Of course it was seasoned with blepper and chilakes.
For breakfast I might have some salmonds.

Edit: not drunk, BTW, just bored.

Last edited:
Back