What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,438 comments
Last night’s lamb Lebab. Couldn’t fit it in yesterday.
I also made some ghost pepper olive oil which would have been inconsequential but for the unnoticed cut on my finger. 🥵

Fish stick
Fresh slaw
Peppers
Cilantro
Flour tortilla

8F2397AD-D994-4E2D-9646-A3BD25B309CF.jpeg

And a new White Claw flavour.

All of which was great. She’s too nice to me.

Last week I experimented with pickling celery and it turned out pretty good.

Now I’ve kicked things up a notch and pickled celery not using vinegar but Frank’s RedHot sauce instead (which admittedly is still mostly vinegar lol). Turned out really really good.

A Mojito is never unneeded.
I'm sitting here with my leg up on the desk questioning how I'm going to revive myself. For the first time I've told myself that I'm too old for this ****.

A couple of hastily consumed vodka redbulls were not posted.

All the talk of chocolate in the other thread led me to pick this up at the supermarket today.

08E8B7C2-8BFE-47DB-B399-B309B291B065.jpeg

At first I was only going to eat a square or two. But after sampling I ate the whole thing. Good job I bought 2 of them.

Inadvertently grabbed a bottle of Mountain Dew Flamin' Hot at the checkout line. Should have looked closer at the bottle. Didn't even know this was a thing.

I do NOT recommend. Nasty stuff. Don't want to throw it away, may use the rest of the bottle as a weed killer or ant trap or something.

Inadvertently grabbed a bottle of Mountain Dew Flamin' Hot at the checkout line. Should have looked closer at the bottle. Didn't even know this was a thing.

I do NOT recommend. Nasty stuff. Don't want to throw it away, may use the rest of the bottle as a weed killer or ant trap or something.
You're talking to a man who drank a bottle of curry-flavored ramune. On purpose. Of course I'm going to try this.

You're talking to a man who drank a bottle of curry-flavored ramune. On purpose. Of course I'm going to try this.
If you're looking for heat, this doesn't have much.

It's the taste mix of regular Mt Dew & the chemical taste of the Flamin' Hot Cheetos that I didn't like.

I bought a bottle for a co-worker that loves Flamin' Hot chips, he said it went well with whatever chips he happened to be eating that day. I couldn't bring myself to try it though as I abhor the Flamin' Hot flavor they use on chips.
America: the place where they combine crisps/chips and pop so you don’t have to buy both.
That's just the tip of the iceberg, if it exists, we will turn it into a pop.

51WjhRi72wL.jpg

54f942d81dca6_-_jones-soda-co-holiday-soda.jpg

Granted I don't think the above were meant to be a serious product like the Mtn Dew is.

I've had this, for real. I used to work in an office across the street from the Jones Soda headquarters in downtown Seattle. They had a fridge loaded up with their sodas for guests. I would walk across the street, pick up a couple dozen for everyone at my office, and they were completely cool with it. They had each of these flavors in their fridge, so I was able to try each one for free. They were awful. But I loved them for being awful. They also had a Dessert Pack. Each flavor was based on pies: Apple, Key Lime, Cherry, Banana Cream, and Blueberry. They were great.
Jones Soda 06 001.jpg

Last edited:
2 lovely chunks of wholewheat bread, toasted in butter, slathered in a sumptuous strawberry jam.
That following 6 pints might mean a coma tomorrow.

Edit: I’m making 2 more chunks of toasted jam deliciousness.

Edit 2: I could probably go vegan on this. Except for the butter. But my chilli oil would work similarly.
Who said whole foods were healthy?

Last edited:

A friend of mine at work brought me one to try today. Flavor is not great. And the heat comes down to a slight chemical burning sensation in the throat that lasts for about 10 minutes. Would not recommend as well.

Last edited:
America: the place where they combine crisps/chips and pop so you don’t have to buy both.

Reminds me of the time when I thought adding Gatorade to scrambled eggs was a good idea. Shame they didn't consult with me before rolling this out.

Today is Mtn Dew day, apparently. I've tried the Flaming Hot flavor. Unlike most everyone else, I kind of like it. That little hint of lime in the finish is what makes it work for me. The funny thing is, I don't like Flaming Hot Cheetos or Doritos or Fritos or whatever they sell. But it works here.
52055160886_9405dc0ce3_b.jpg

I've discovered Gatorade Lime Cucumber. This stuff is fantastic, especially with a pinch of sea salt added to it.
Saw that today for the first time as well. Not a fan of cucumber so I opted out, but I was definitely interested. Probably would have tried it if they had a smaller bottle. Only the 28oz was available.

-------

Friend was in town and wanted to go to Buffalo Wild Wings.

Here are my fried pickles and chipotle dip. Forgot to take a picture of the wings. 🙈

20220506_163938.jpg

-------

EDIT: Big thanks to those who have tried the Flamin' Hot Mt. Dew, so I don't have to. 🤮

Last edited:
today had a lot of different food... in the morning I had a small bowl of cereal with milk which was honey bunches of oats... for lunch I had a salad with Italian Dressing... someone at my office brought 2 dozen dunkin donuts which rarely happens so I took advantage and took 2 donuts and ate both 2 hours in between which were Boston Cream and Glazed... then for dinner I had a porkchop and a side of broccoli... I usually have one drink twice a week at home on Friday and Saturday night... Right now I'm drinking captain morgan with sparkling black cherry ice...

I’d be wary if I were you.
I thought I had an iron gut until I put reapers in my olive oil to cook with recently. I’ve had the runs and stomach cramps for 4 days now.
Update: tapped out after a third of the bin. Tumtums holding up as normal. Not buying again but not because they were bad but just too much heat for me.

Update: tapped out after a third of the bin. Tumtums holding up as normal. Not buying again but not because they were bad but just too much heat for me.
I think the saddest thing about hot chillis and their products is that they actually taste really good, but the heat makes them difficult to eat.

Back