What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,364 comments
I got the Porsche 962 and used it for the 900PP race in weekly challenges, and absolutely love the car, how it looks, the dashboard, the view through the windscreen, how it sounds and how it drives.

I've managed to resist grinding this week despite the cruel folk at PD popping both the Ferrari 330P4 and Porsche 917 in Legends... I'll try keep resisting the urge to grind for them and wait for the next time they show up.

With that in mind I finally golded IA7 (the Alpine at Tsukuba track), did all the weekly challenges, tried the Nurb TT (8:00.04.. really wanted to dip under 8 minutes) and currently squeezed into gold for the Tsukuba trial about 3 tenths clear of the current cutoff mark. Debatable whether that will survive another week of hotshots but it's a short, easy track to have lots more attempts at, unlike Nurb where I'm doing maybe 4 or 5 laps in a session before running out of bothered.

I'll give Nurb another go but the reward to time ratio is terrible so I might settle for bronze as I've got another 10 seconds to find somewhere and I'm already improving by hundredths now, not by whole seconds, per successful lap. I've watched the online vid posted earlier and saw a couple of corners (yes, two only..) where the driver is a gear up on me, so I might try that and see if I can hang on to the thing, as that should be where I can get big chunks of improvement. Everything else looks like increments, and perhaps braking a little earlier or a little smoother to get the nose locked in.

Tonight I'll go for gold on IA10 to complete the gold set, and then start going for gold on the S licenses. I have that license but most are silver and bronze. I haven't gone through the Master licenses yet, apart from the first one (National B?)

Also the Pantera turned up again so I bought my second one of those, added the widebody and arrow wing, painted it black because it's the only colour that I think works with the chrome trim. All coloured GT5s had black trim, if I recall, so to me it just looks odd seeing, say, a red Pantera with GT5 flares but chrome window surrounds. I'll try putting decals on them at some point to make the chrome black, then I can paint it any colour I want. Also tuned up the engine, using irreversible options only apart from a sports exhaust and computer.. oh, and sports filter.

I wanted to keep it faithful to how it may have been upgraded for road use in the 1980s if someone took their 1970 Pantera L and wanted a chunk more performance and a GT5 look. With that in mind I avoided the engine swap.

It's now a 6 litre, ported, polished and balanced engine with high compresson pistons and a hot cam, delivering around 465bhp. I haven't taken it for a ride yet.

Last edited:
Today, I improved the lap by 10 seconds with the GTR GT 500. Thank you separately for the coating. I don't know if he is a member of the site, but "RichJones57".
18fdf1c740540-screenshotUrl.jpg

and I made some reels. I have this helmet now. :):) Thanks to "Massy3" in the helmet.
18fdf1b182082-screenshotUrl.jpg

Let's continue 'the sun also rices' and see what car it gives.

Today was cool session trying this mega Daily Race C with the variable weather.

• But Firstly, I tackled some super liceneses and did one more weekly race.
  • Then onto Sport mode to to try the new Dialy Race C at Fuji. A very challenging race where the rain never let up after lap 6 and it gradully poured down, I stayed out on mediums and then came into the pits to change to wets but was in the tail end of the grid coming out of pits, and then numerous people rage quit the race.
  • Kept battling in the wet conditions to land a 5th place overall starting from 6th. Very chaotic but also quite fun but got alittle boring in the middle aspect, I think its too long this race imo. Happy to get 5th and also got Fastest lap award.
  • Did Daily Race B, was crazy and argy bargy all the way to end, only managed a 10th lace in the Megane Turbo.
Overall need some more time to get my DR rank back up in these daily races, yet to try to Daily Race A.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240603192945.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240603193123.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240603202933.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240603203533.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240603203815.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240603204940.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240603202023.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240603202933.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240603211019.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240603205132.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240603211049.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240603212143.jpg

Last edited:
Great session today. For the first time ever, I won a daily race! Started in P7 on daily race A and had a good, fast race with few mishaps and took the win! Afterwords I did the weekly challenges. Then I opened my tickets, including the 6* car ticket from weekly challenges. Finally didn't win a VGT, but won the AM Valkary. Afterwords, I drove in a pagani only race online with a few of my friends. Its days like this that make me come back to this game :)
1000000952.jpg

Yesterday completed weekly challenges by doing the German GP wtc900 by jumping in a F1500 FM6, two stints on the same hard tyres 50% fuel on a lap 7 stop, essential won the race in the first stint, back to third have fueled but back in the lead when both Nissan GTR500s pitted next lap.
Daily wheel 30k. 6* car ticket Ferrari FXX.

My next big thing are the custom races for me that are MORE INTERSTING than GT events....
I am so sorry to tell this after 2+ year without any update in this sector...

Daily marathon

Sold my other Mitsu concept and a NSX rally car ( only 449 to go. ) They're selling for over 90k now.

Bought a DeTomaso Pantera from the UCD because it reminded me of a Matchbox car i had when i was a kid. Found the exact same livery in the showcase ( credit to NotGM - search Matchbox ) and also swapped in one of my 32 remaining Coyote engines and added some gold OZ UltraLeggera wheels.

Just for giggles I did a google image search for the car.... damn thing is going for 20 bucks on EBay. :banghead: Ugh... i miss my childhood.

Daily marathon

Sold my other Mitsu concept and a NSX rally car ( only 449 to go. ) They're selling for over 90k now.

Bought a DeTomaso Pantera from the UCD because it reminded me of a Matchbox car i had when i was a kid. Found the exact same livery in the showcase ( credit to NotGM - search Matchbox ) and also swapped in one of my 32 remaining Coyote engines and added some gold OZ UltraLeggera wheels.

Just for giggles I did a google image search for the car.... damn thing is going for 20 bucks on EBay. :banghead: Ugh... i miss my childhood.

Nostalgia is definitely a seller's market.

My next big thing are the custom races for me that are MORE INTERSTING than GT events....
I am so sorry to tell this after 2+ year without any update in this sector...
TBH in every GT I finished the GT mode I would do that occasionally but mainly I would just do hot laps so the ability to do custom races helps extend my fun in this game

kjb
TBH in every GT I finished the GT mode I would do that occasionally but mainly I would just do hot laps so the ability to do custom races helps extend my fun in this game
Many races with cars that never used by 'official' events.
And of course i replicate famous races like Nur24 LeMans 24hrs Daytona etc etc..
I hope in the future to add my beloved Sebring!!!
These races are far far better than the anxious races for the gold...

Of course it is. If I want to race Kei cars most of those races are 8-10 cars. If I do custom kei car race I can do 20 cars. Or if I want to recreate a 60s type LeMans I make a reasonable facsimile of that. It is really limited to my imagination

I installed GT7 today and waited AGES for the update to download and install. Hey, don’t look at me like that, I know I’m two years late to the part so what 😬

@A_Higher_Place, that "Lap 7" at the bottom tells you that you set the race's fastest lap on lap 7.

After a few days away, I finally got to the Weekly Challenges on the Plus account:
  • High Speed Ring Japanese FR Challenge in 2:41 with a stock Lexus LFA (rain started moving in as I took the last corner)
  • Tokyo Expressway Lightweight K-Cup in 6:46 with a 2015 Honda S660 tuned to 399.79 PP
  • Red Bull Ring Special Event in 7:52 with a Volvo V40 with SH tires and full-custom computer installed
  • Nurburgring European Clubman Cup in 14:23 with a Lamboghini Veneno tuned to 729.88 PP after running into rain with the Ferrari FXX K
  • Nurburgring WTC 900 in 18:46 with a stock Peugeot 908
The parts ticket gave carbon brakes for the RUF CTR3 (where I could still use it), the car ticket gave a Ferrari VGT (hung onto for tuning purposes), and the 4-star Wheel of Despair gave a Bore Up S for a car/engine that already has it installed on the single example I want it on.

On the GTP account, I struggled mightily with the Lake Louise Pick-up Truck Race, eventually getting a 1.5-second win in 5:53 with a Toyota Tundra with just a full-custom transmission and snow tires. I quit when I saw the marathon Wheel of Despair was of the 3-star variety that puked up the low-showing/lowest-possible 5,000 Cr.

Bu yorumu nereye bırakacağımı bilemedim o yüzden buraya koyuyorum. Birisi bugün 2015 yılında B-Spec hakkında yaptığım bir GT6 gönderisini beğendi. Sanırım internette söylediklerin sonsuza kadar sürecek.
B-spec ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Yesterday, final stab at getting a silver on the Porsche TT, just pushed too hard every one of the five laps I initiated and put tyres on the grass normally between 5&6 minutes in, took a Peugeot VGT to Le Man for a 30:06 win.

Daily marathon
Bought another NSX - installed the classic Autobacs livery
Bought a Mazda RX Vision GT 3 concept. ( I already had the Stealth model )

Broke down and ran the Lake Maggiore 1 hour Human Comedy - this race can DIAF 🤬 I absolutely hate it. P13 so at least i got Bronze and finally completed all the missions.

Last edited:
Hoping that either this morning or later tonight, I'll wrap up this week's challenges by doing the WTC 900 round at the Nurburgring GP layout, using the same Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM that I've always been using. What's nice is that even if the car that I acquire from the six-star car ticket is one that I already have - or if it's in a color I'm not a fan of - then I can sell it for a sizable amount of credits. Basically, it could end up being a credit-based ticket with a couple extra steps.

Today Tokyo 600pp 12 laps. In a Suzuki Escudos V6 tuned to 549pp with comfort hard tyres. 900hp, a damp track and toffee paper tyres whats not to love.
Quick pit stop on lap nine for fuel only.
Trick is slow in turn in and nail the power to drag the car round by its finger nails.
Touched the walls a couple of dozen times (minor) and had a couple of minor bumps with the opposition (worst being a Lamborghini parking in my boot at the harpin), nothing major in my eyes but obviously the chief steward felt I'd crossed the line of decency somewhere (at least that's what his 18 year old daughter said) as my clean race bonus was gone. Won by 3.3 seconds, was an interesting distraction from Sardinia, Le Mans or Spa where I usually cash grind won't race it again for a while due to the uncertainty of the CRB.
3* ticket gave me 10k.

After doing the Le Mans 700 race I got a four star daily ticket and received a Tomahawk GTS-R 🤯 I think for the last month I only got 5000 or 30.000 credits or a stupid part. Such a strange feeling to be happy with a VGT car 😬
1000003706.jpg

Last edited:
That's the fastest lap. They should put lap instead of laps.

Great result! Did you race on hard difficulty?
Yeah, bit confusing! No, I believe this account is set on Normal. This was using RH tyres and pitting to fuel up. I also do not know this track at all which didn't help.

Back