What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,939 comments
Working on buying the cars that were added in 1.49, grinding the Hypercar Parade with some of the cars I have in my garage, & uploaded a short onto YouTube.

The link to my latest YouTube Short:

I will be uploading more Gran Turismo 7 content soon so stay tuned.

Last edited:
Went to the Eiger CE and made silver.

After 925 days - I FINALLY won the Super Formula race at Autopolis. My previous best was P5 so it feels great to get the win.
Its amazing what happens when quit overdriving the car.

Discovered that i had 3 BMW Gr 4 cars in my garage so I decided to see what the swap did - HOLY... CRAP !!... this is an insane swap. you obviously cant use the car anymore in the Gr 4 races, so I had to detune it for the Schwartzwald League races. This car is a monster. Got up to 206 mph / 331 kph on the front straight of High Speed Ring.

Last night I completed 3 out of 5 weekly races and also got gold at the Master S 10 license.

Before the 1.49 update the gold time were 43,800. Now it is 44,490 and previous best were 44,410 (before the update and the change of the gold time, which would be good enough for the new standarts).

My gold time is just 0,004 below the target, but I'll take it. Now the normal S 10 is the only license left for me to gold.

Anyways, there are those who say the test is hard, and those who claim it is not that difficult. I'm in the 2nd group. The thing for me was that super grippy cars are not my thing. It usually takes a while for me to get my bearings with them. The Lake Louise one were way harder....

View attachment 1376039
View attachment 1376040
Wow, they upped the target times? Wow, maybe I should take several more shots at those Master Super licenses one day this upcoming week.

Wow, they upped the target times? Wow, maybe I should take several more shots at those Master Super licenses one day this upcoming week.
Be aware:

1 - not all the licenses/missions have the gold target changed to a slower time. Some got faster.

2 - slower times don't mean easier tests. I believe the times are changed accordingly to the new physics and car's capabilities/behaviour.

Be aware:

1 - not all the licenses/missions have the gold target changed to a slower time. Some got faster.

2 - slower times don't mean easier tests. I believe the times are changed accordingly to the new physics and car's capabilities/behaviour.
Well I'll be looking out for what changes in the times are made. All I did today was do some drift challenges at Eiger Nordward, did 5-6 scapes at Eiger, did 2 liveries and 7-8 campaign races. That's pretty much it for now. And I entered silver territory at Tokyo East with a 2'07.863. I love the feel of the new Ferrari model.

-Did a few races with the COTW crew
-Fully tuned my Gallardo and took it to Dragon Trail
-Did the Subaru time trial on Eiger Nordwand
-Fully tuned my E36 M3 and took it the Nurburgring
-Drove my E46 M3 around the Nurburgring
-Drove my fully tuned E36 M3 on Sardgena B
-Drove my fully tuned Gallardo around Catalunya

Jul 27
  • Completed the CE for Eiger Nordwand
  • Completed a 1 hour race at Dragon Trail - Gardens in the x2014 Junior.
  • Messed around with a Corvette C1, crashed in it a lot. Took it to an Eiger Free Run lobby, then finally switched to the ID.R and Audi VGT.
    • Found out you can drive into the little parking lot before the pitlane - the perfect spot to watch a race from.
  • Sold one of my Honda RA272s
  • Tried to make a EV safety car, but couldn't use it because custom race still forces one-makes for electric cars. Settled with the Prius.
    • Attempted to do the impossible and balance the EVs for the CPU to put on a show. Failed miserably. (Race Photos)
Gran Turismo® 7_20240728021522_1.jpg
Eiger Nordwand__2.jpeg

Last edited:
I did some campaign races at Eiger, Interlagos and RBR. Did 3 liveries and took 4-5 car scapes/photos. Also earned gold in all Sectors of the new track, and got a silver time in the lap attack. Now I'm going to work on some more of the Eiger Impreza '98 TT. Currently at bronze there.

Came 3rd in the WTC700 in Le Mans by 5 seconds in my Gr. 3 Corvette because of wrong judgement of tyres. It’s been rather dry the last couple of races.

Put a supercharger on the Gr. 4 Mustang and won by 30 seconds. Only a light drizzle. Must say the Gr. 4 cars feel great after the update.

Jul 28
After delivering 40-something pizzas in GTA, I decided to put some miles into some of the undriven (0 mile odometer) cars in my garage. It's was a good opportunity to get better used to the road car physics, since I have been driving mostly formula cars and karts recently.

Doing a series of 5 lap races to just relax while getting a few credits...
  • Volkswagen Scirocco - Tokyo Expressway East Counterclockwise
  • Toyota Corolla Levin 1600GT Apex (AE86) - Monza
  • Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS - Grand Valley South
  • Mazda RX-7 GTX (FC) - Mount Panorama
The final combo listed was one I did back in GT6 that I still have a race photo of. It was also my time attack car in Shift 2 Unleashed back in the day.

Also got my hands on a Impreza Rally Car. Roulette ticket gave a Racing Muffler for the F8 Tributo.

Last edited:
Not been about a lot recently, sticking minimums in for the past 6 weeks or so, now off work sick so ended up in front of the Playstation yesterday. Took a scud round Monza five times no idea how most of my laps don't count, first ones a bronze the others are all red despite me not having anything related to a drama here, like the car not so keen on the track.
Soft Jiminy/swift round eiger, I love this track was sadly missing from GT7 until now. Soft suspension on tarmac isn't a good choice, lots of three wheel action.
Fisherman's in my Corolla/Supra WRC kinda replica, invisible track boundaries had me on my roof at one point as I clipped one while ten foot in the air.
Hypercar I brought out a Paganini.
Special Gallardo event a chin and tail spoiler and off we pop round Sardinia I like the way you can make this beast squirm with the throttle.
Laguna Sec 700pp, took my old Skyline Silhouette out for a run, mixed the tyres to make it fit under 700pp as it's crept up to 705 or similar with the 1.49 patch, RM on the front RH on the back, tyres last the whole 10 laps she just needs a splash of fuel.
Did a few laps in the e36 M3, Also ran the Scooby at the same place.
For extra credits took the Ferrari 330 to LeMan, superb car for this track fuel is enough for 2.5 laps in the dry and it's a superb high speed runner, my race looked dry for lap 3 so I saved fuel on lap2 and came in for 4 when it was proper wet (the Ferrari) was a lot less demanding in the last wet quarter of lap three than most other cars I've been out with slicks on past 50%wet. A swap back to slicks left me waiting at the line at 29:40 rather than run an extra lap. Won by a smidge under 2mins.

I got the chance to do a quick grind race. So I used the Aston Martin VGT I haven't used in a while. The pp had dropped so I was able to put RM on my car. Got rain on lap 3 and switched to Wets and used them the rest of the race. Got 10 k cr from a 4 ⭐ 🎫 . I went ahead made my picks for the next GTWS race

kjb
I got the chance to do a quick grind race. So I used the Aston Martin VGT I haven't used in a while. The pp had dropped so I was able to put RM on my car. Got rain on lap 3 and switched to Wets and used them the rest of the race. Got 10 k cr from a 4 ⭐ 🎫 . I went ahead made my picks for the next GTWS race

How was the tyre wear? That monster does chew up rubber.

How was the tyre wear? That monster does chew up rubber.
If it didn't rain I think I could have gotten to lap 4 with the RMs being about half way gone but that was going to be when I had to refuel anyway. The wets went 2 laps with no wear with the heavy rain.

Ran the 10 lap GT4 Laguna Seca race on both accounts. Pulled P1 with the Hyundai Genesis (no stop) and P6 with the Ford Mustang (1 stop for this fuel guzzler). Finished both accounts out with a solid DFL in the Jimny races. Mileage check complete on both accounts.

Today I....

Today since I don't have to grind for credits I took some time to do custom races.

My favorite and I done a few today like 5 of them is a 30 minute race around Special Stage Route X.

Using 17 of my p1 I set the boost to strong and for 30 minutes is wheel to wheel racing its almost impossible to take a 2 second lead.

So far out of 5 race I have won 0.:lol:

This was the closes I come to winning one.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240729181359.jpg

I finally got a power supply for my T-GT II...via a used TS-PC, and also picked up some T3PM pedals. After calibrating the brake, I quickly hit the GTP account, collected 1,000,000 Cr. for getting silver at Sardegna and 250,000 Cr. for getting bronze at Fuji, and rented a Scuderia. That didn't go well, as the wheel kept disconnecting and finally refused to power up at all. I ended up ordering another base, which hopefully should be here tomorrow.

It’s been about a year since I last turned on GT7. When I moved, I sold all my sim racing stuff. I just today got back on, and how things have changed! I’m back to learning the controller again too. So, today I sold some duplicates I had, bought the E36 M3 and LFA and drove it in some quick races, I did the Eiger time trial and got bronze so far, and got 500k on the roulette ticket. I’m debating whether to start a new game progression with the new update.

Well, I did some racing again, I managed to grind the Japanese 4WD Challenge 600 & the Hypercar Parade. I also uploaded this YouTube video of when I was driving my custom Nismo 400R '95 on the Nürburgring GP/D doing the Japanese 4WD Challenge 600. How do you guys think I drive in GT7?

I did slip up in one part of the video though, but I do usually remain clean as not to lose that Clean Race Bonus.

Welcome back @lilcat89

I went ice skating yesterday. Sorry I meant I was caught in the rain in Le Mans on slicks and barely made it to the pits where I’ve jumped a cue of 5 cars in the pit entry lane 😂

Don’t really care if it was due to rubberbanding or just my interstellar driving skills, but I won by 4 seconds in the end. Was a fun race though in the supercharged Gr. 4 Mustang and I’ve got 100k from a 3*

Before I went to work this morning I decided to take a quick visit to Sardegna. 1st I tried the P1 GTR but I realized I needed to actually tune it a little so I decided that's not going to work for me right now so I tried the GT500 Gr.2 but the my 799 pp tune went to 831 so decided to try something else. I picked the Bugatti Gr1 and it had the same pp 831. So I adjusted it to 799 and started racing. I used FM3 to get 10 laps. I was a little bit slower than in 1.49 because I cut power but I was able to win by a god margin. Got an Aventador from a 3 ⭐ 🎫 . I didn't have one so that saves me the money of having to buy one

Added Eiger to my list of 1LW (1 Lap Wonder) tracks that I test on. Standing start at the line then one solid lap. Going through every car now. Some cars are a real challenge! 😁

Off work this week so I’ve been listening to my ‘85-‘95 hair metal bands (Hericane Alice, at the moment) and testing my cars all day, living the dream 😂

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back