What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,942 comments
Not had chance to play for a couple of days so today spent five minutes at spa putting in times on the TT in the 65 honda. Also slithered the wrong way round in the Rampage, I can't sort this track in reverse.

Got a 6* ticket that gave me 500k

Decided to give the Dirt Champions race at Colorado Springs another go (was the only race stopping me completing world circuits 100%) for the first time since 1.49 and absolutely walked it! The AI was never closer than 2sec behind and won by over 3 seconds!

IMG_0458.png

With the off-schedule update due overnight, I just did time trials on the GTP account after collecting 1,000,000 Cr. for the Tokyo/Ferrari 430 Scudiera time trial. I got the Spa/Honda time trial (Challenge class) down to just under 2:33.6 (very marginal silver...assuming the leaderboards aren't wiped), with maybe another half-second in the tank, the wet Red Bull Ring/Gr.3 challenge in 1:42.7 with the Corvette (safe bronze) and a poor 1:59.9 at Trial Mountain/Rampage (which should hold for bronze). All that got me a cashless 4-star ticket giving me a racing muffler for the Lamborghini Gallardo.

On the Plus account, I finally got around to the Weekly Challenges:
  • Tsukuba Silvia Sisters in 2:58 with a super-tuned (on RS tires, though not engine-swapped) Nissan Silvia spec-R
  • Autopolis Japanese FR Challenge in 3:56 with the same Silvia
  • Goodwood Special Event in 7:46 with a Porsche 356 Speedster tuned to 505 PP
  • Willow Springs Neoclassical Challenge in 12:23 with a stock 1997 BMW McLaren F1 GTR (only after many, many restarts, and a tire change on lap 5 though I had the fuel to go 8 laps)
  • Eiger Norwand WRC Gr.B in 13:44 with a stock Audi Sport quattro on a no-stop (FM 6) strategy (and many, many restarts, finally running Hahn and his Audi out of fuel)
The parts ticket gave a stage 5 weight reduction for the Bugatti Veyron (which it really needs, and I could use), the car ticket gave the Mazda RX-VISION (hung onto for tuning purposes), and the cashless 4-star Wheel of Despair gave a Bugatti invite (which, as I have all the Veyrons I could want, is useless).

I did quite a bit yesterday. Started with a race each at Sardegna and Le Mans with a few of the smaller races in between them. The GT-One (TS020) showed up in the LCD, so I bought 1, for now. I did a quick race with it in Suzuka and it clearly was only designed with Le Mans in mind. I will have to find a tune and play around with it to get it better in the technical corners. I got a Bugatti invite from the roulette wheel, which is useless to me as I have all the Veyrons I want.

Did the WTC800 Nordschleife in the SuperGT 500 RC F and that thing just flies 🤩 after that I joined the Historic cup in my souped up 930 Turbo and by accident I seem to have created a rather well sorted car that was quick (enough) and fun to drive. Good fun.

I really haven't played GT7 much over the last few months, but picked it up again over the last week following the physics update.

Over the last few days I've kicked myself for not doing the Track Experience challenges previously, as the new physics make them more challenging, and I'm questioning if the ghosts/times were adjusted when the new physics were implemented (I don't think they were), as it appears the GR3 cars are braking way later than I can and not having understeer issues while doing so.

I pulled a Lexus LFA from a ticket late last week and threw it around. Completed this week's challenges last night for the 6-star car ticket... and pulled another Lexus LFA. Promptly sold for just under a million credits. The humor of the LFA for me is that the other game I'm splitting my time with, The First Descendant, is also an RNG hell-hole where you'll grind for an "amorphous material" aka loot box with 5 possible rewards, to then have to grind out a boss battle to open the amorphous material, just to get exactly what you don't want or something that you've already got 20 of. Sometimes this can be a 20-30 minute process depending on what you have to do to acquire the amorphous material.

RNG. What a blessing that was when it was bestowed on videogames!

didn’t play but did more research for my quest on the car groups, races, cash prizes, etc..

Quick question: I found 5 different cars in all 4 categories I’m wondering if there good

(Cars in question)
Gr.4
Audi TT Cup ‘16 GR.4
Gr.3
Hyundai Genesis
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 ‘13
Gr.2
Nissan GT-R GT500 ‘16
Gr.1
Porsche 919 Hybrid ‘16

Last edited:
didn’t play but did more research for my quest on the car groups, races, cash prizes, etc..

Quick question: I found 5 different cars in all 4 categories I’m wondering if there good

(Cars in question)
Gr.4
Audi TT Cup ‘16 GR.4
Gr.3
Hyundai Genesis
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 ‘13
Gr.2
Nissan GT-R GT500 ‘16
Gr.1
Porsche 919 Hybrid ‘16

For GR.1
Classic the Mazda 787B and for Modern The Porsche 919 are you best bet.

For GR.2
The Mercedes CLK LM 1998 or the Audi RS5 Turbo DTM 2019 are your best bet.

For GR.3
I would go with the Lamborghini Huracán GT3 or the Mercedes-AMG GT3 '20

For GR.4
? Can really help here since I'm not a fan of gr4 class.

But overall those would be my pick for GR.1-GR.3

Last edited:
I played a bit today and got some intresting results with tuning and Daily Races.

Firstly I tackeld the Rs rampage & Suburu TT, the scooby one i didnt improve but i got better at trial Mountian.
Then moved onto the weekly races, did the neo classic but crashed out and quit.
Headed over to buy an Atenza and did swap with the Guilia engine, very nice car and fun for draggys.
Moved onto Daily Race B, 2nd race was a mess and I spun out a few times, then came in 12th with the Lambo Huracan GT3.
My second race faired better with my better choice of Corvette C7 GR3 and nailed 7th overall. Was pleased with this. Helped my rank go up a tad. Need more practice as this race over very quick if you not in the tops ends.
Did a shakedown with my E36 BMW M3 and did a supsnesion swap back to stock to fix the fiddly handling, it seems better now.

Overall not bad, but need more refining at Suzuka. I still haven't touched the Rally daily race, lol.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240807210900.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240807211014.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240807211131.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240807212318.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240807214248.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240807213022.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240807212821.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240807214310.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240807214737.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240807215052.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240807202016.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240807201830.jpg

Last edited:
I didn’t have much time this evening, but I did take my GT-One to Fuji for the Neoclassical race and won pretty handily at 800pp. After that, I did the WTC800 LeMans race and won that as well. I love the TS020 so much, even if it dislikes slow corners with a passion. My plan for the weekend is now to grind and buy at least 5 more.

Wasn’t the best day I’ve had with gt7 today. Finally caved in and disabled supersampling mode on my PS4 Pro and man did the visuals take a hit 😢 but the frame rate is up so… and then I’ve spent the rest of the races in understeer hell. I’m super happy with the MR and RR cars I’ve driven so far, but the SuperGT 300 BRZ gave me a hard time.

Of course I did Hypercar Parade again and uploaded a full race in my customized Lamborghini Gallardo 560-4 on YouTube today, Pretty interesting to say that I enjoy these new cars that are in GT7. I remembered this one from Gran Turismo 6 as well.

Here's the link to this gameplay of mine here:

I enjoy racing in this event, it's pretty fun to me. And I hope you all enjoy my driving.

Last edited:
I finished the WC. I tried both versions of the Impreza Gr.B car at LeMans. The road version was at about 3 laps on FM6 and it needed a little bit of tweaking that I didn't feel like doing. So next I took the race version out. It got better fuel usage but the backend was a little squirrelly so I quit. I guess I have work on both of them. I was blessed with 5k cr from a ⭐⭐⭐🎫. I got another P1 GTR. It was probably the 3rd one I have received. I sold it and got 1.7 mil credits

Golded several sections on the Road Atlanta and Le Mans CE's. I noticed I had a gold time on Sector 1 at Road Atlanta but no gold trophy. Honest, this shouldn't be a thing at all, but it is. It's called changing the rules after the game starts.
I found the new physics to be a little more forgiving although the Beetle only knows one direction: straight. I got gold on all sectors but could not snag the full lap. That's still silver and my best time shown falls in the silver range.
I did similar at Le Mans, then ran a Porsche 993 at the 1 hour Spa race on easy difficulty. I won by 8 seconds and didn't actually hurry with that car. There was nary a sprinkle until the very end, so I just cruised the whole way.

I managed to be engaged in an intense race against A. Tapai in his Lamborghini Veneno '14 in my customized Volvo V40 T5 R-Design '13 which is a literal sleeper car with 451 HP fully upgraded. I won in that Volvo by a couple seconds.

That was a close race. It shows that any road car can be bought into the Hypercar Parade.

Last edited:
Came second to Sophy pro at Le Mans. Suspect shenanigans since I was lapping 5 seconds faster than I do in the Le Mans rain race. Boost not just for AI but also for player?

Today high speed ring TT squeaked into a silver time, quite like the Porsche although the gearbox could be better rigged I was bouncing off the limiter a few times.
I've also taken the spoiler off the Rampage which has found me two seconds and really not compromised the drive that much.
Took a Lexus RC GT500 to Sardinia, did 14 laps before needing fuel on FM6, only Fraga in his Toyota was on the same lap, I'm pretty sure I could have gone the full 15 laps with some short shifting that would have been a clear lap win.
Wheel gave me 100k.

Golded several sections on the Road Atlanta and Le Mans CE's. I noticed I had a gold time on Sector 1 at Road Atlanta but no gold trophy. Honest, this shouldn't be a thing at all, but it is. It's called changing the rules after the game starts.
A little while back I did struggle a lot with the full lap, too. I’ve watched my replay after your post here. In fairness I have to say it was not a good lap even though I managed to just get gold. Good luck!

Last edited:
Bought the Skyline Super Silhouette and took her straight to Le Mans WTC700 for a win. FM1 is good for 2 laps and just blasting through the field at the beginning. FM3 gives 3 competitive laps. It’s such a feather weight car and so nice to drive.

Got 5k from a 3* and finished the menu book with the car purchase and got 1 million from the 6* 🥳

Bought the Skyline Super Silhouette and took her straight to Le Mans WTC700 for a win. FM1 is good for 2 laps and just blasting through the field at the beginning. FM3 gives 3 competitive laps. It’s such a feather weight car and so nice to drive.

Got 5k from a 3* and finished the menu book with the car purchase and got 1 million from the 6* 🥳
Nice, I already have a few in my own garage.

Tried Gallardo and 430 Scuderia in Le Mans.
Ferrari is better in general terms with better brakes.
Gallardo in stock form has weak brakes that its a big problem.
I will upgrade them buying some better brakes!!!
Tried TT in High Speed ring and i am in silver teritory...
I got 5k from the wheel of despair that helps me a lot to buy that MP 4/4....
Thank God it's Friday and i will run some races to buy it...

For GR.1
Classic the Mazda 787B and for Modern The Porsche 919 are you best bet.

For GR.2
The Mercedes CLK LM 1998 or the Audi RS5 Turbo DTM 2019 are your best bet.

For GR.3
I would go with the Lamborghini Huracán GT3 or the Mercedes-AMG GT3 '20

For GR.4
? Can really help here since I'm not a fan of gr4 class.

But overall those would be my pick for GR.1-GR.3
Thank you for helping me out here I will try them out but do you know how they manage with tires and fuel?

I finally won the weekly World Rally Challenge Gr.B. I use the Audi Sport quattro S1 Pikes Peak '87, put the fuel manager on 3 and stiffened the suspension abit to make the car a little more forgiving. The first place Audi pitted once I think and I had to pit twice. Make it make sense! I also realized the Eiger is so tight, a rolling start really give P1 a head start.

Last edited:
I did my first full weekly challenges after getting to level 50 collector this week not knowing it unlocked this and the ability to sell cars 🤦‍♂️ only had the game over a year or so and didn’t even know all of this was available!

IMG_2881.jpeg

Back