What does your user name mean?

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,205 comments
I like cars a lot and my favorite number is 45. Don't know why it's 45 but I just decided to put that on all of my cars in my racing games. I also thought it had a nice "ring" to it when I made it.

Well the username I usually use was already taken, so I improvised. I like Mazda, and it's a play on one of the UK supermarket Asda's taglines, "That's Asda price".

And now, a year on, I can finally reveal that Liquid is my typical go-to username.

Why? Because Metal Gear Solid. And I find it quite a nice, arbitrary but distinct sort of word.

My name stands for England Till I Die as I'm a massive fan of football and follow my local team Brighton and watch a lot of game there, also the town I live in 5 minutes from Brighton called Eastbourne is another team I follow, the badge is to the left as my display picture.

So basically I love sport, I'm proud to be English, and I follow my nation proudly. ENGLAND TILL I DIE!

When I saw your id I thought you were dyslectic and was trying to EDIT your name:crazy:.

Mine goes back a few years when I was learning to snowboard - I'm a girl and was constantly purple with bruises at the time, hence grrlpurple as 'PurpleGirl' was mostly taken all over the internet already ;)

I admit, I'm not creative when coming up with usernames, so I chose XS, which is the model of my motorcycle, yet it also sounds like a word excess.

I'm completely obsessed with Nissan Skylines. In videogames i have heaps, i have a number of model car versions (1:18 to 1:64 scale) and so on.

Last edited:
Well, time is a machine, destroying memories, crushing legacies. But, there is a place where they start… a legacy machine.

My name actually goes back quite a bit. When I was younger, I was very into The Sims 2, and while it was a very fun game, I wasn't very good at building houses. Somehow I found out about this thing called custom content, and I found some houses on a site called Simfreaks, or something along those lines. I wanted to download them for my game, but I had to make an account. I don't remember how I decided what to use, but I ended up going with Doogle. A few years later I joined the official Sims website, I found that the username Doogle had been taken. One of the suggestions was Dooglers8, so I took it. I stuck with that name for a while, and used it on everything I became a member of, including PSN, where people would simply call me Doog. One of the first things I did after becoming premium was asking to have my name changed from Dooglers8 to simply Doog, which is where I stand now. I like it; it's simple and easy to remember.

My user name basically means I am a man who would love to own an Audi, and 2011 is the year I joined GTP.

I got my name from Yahoo! Answers, which I forgot about until I looked at some of my old questions on there. I think I asked what my PSN should be, and someone recommended xXKingJoshXx. I liked it, and that's what I used. If I could change it, I would. I don't like having "King" in my name. It makes me wonder if other people think that I think highly of myself - which I don't. If I were to change it, I would probably change it to xXIndyJoshXx or xXLincolnJoshXx. (I like the xX___Xx format)

I've posted in this thread before about how I came about my name, but it wasn't right.

Also, interesting story, Doog.

Mine has a dumb story, So i found out about GTPlanet and i was like "I cant use LGxDevil, that would sound absolute Dumb, so i was like well Kitten and The that made TheKitten. I Like kittens and so on thats how i got my name :D.

Dis also

Ive never figured out what mine meant. :(.
Mine has a dumb story, So i found out about GTPlanet and i was like "I cant use LGxDevil, that would sound absolute Dumb, so i was like well Kitten and The that made TheKitten. I Like kittens and so on thats how i got my name :D.
DXGQL6P.gif

It's getting old, peoples.

My name comes from Nietsche, it means Love ( Amor ) for the fate ( Fati ) in latin and is also the name of one of the greater works of Nietsche ( yes I'm a big philosophy fan ). It is about accepting everything in life, even the bad things.

Growing up for me was harsh, dad a drunk and not a really fun time at school, i start reading books at a young age and I came acros Nietsche when i was about 12, In a beautiful quote : ''I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer. ''

I started to change my way of thinking, the harsh time's arent bad at all, just a great way to learn about life and I need to embrace that lessons, in mine opinion that way of thinking keept me on the straight path and don't try to compensate my bad life with drugs (exept a little Ganja but hey, I'm Dutch! ) or other bad things. 8 Years later I have a nice full time job, god a good education and a good bachelor degree and I''m loving life at it fullest, and I know how to work hard for my fun time, just by remembering, Amor Fati.

Last edited:
Back