What does your user name mean?

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,205 comments
GTP: Eh. Don't know. It was going to be Dark5taR but yeah... that sounded childish. Sounds much better too :-/

PSN: C is for Callum, my first name
E21, Lotus' current F1 car
927, last 3 numbers of the serial code on my favourite album
DP, reference to a certain Parisian band consisting of two people.

Mine comes from this:

aurora_gtr_2.jpg

A damn sexy color on one of my all-time favorite cars, but I swapped "Aurora" for "Azure".

Azure of course is another word for blue, my favorite color.

Well mine is pretty simple. Reign is the second half of my XBLA name and Vic is the shorthand version of Victory which is the second half of my PSN account. The 93? Well that's how long me and the Goodwood Festival of Speed have been around for. ;)

The Honda HSV-010 is a racing car that needs to be remembered; the last of a kind. I thought I could honour it in my username.

Looking in Google Whamslate, it means "Vile little troll who Whams people unceremoniously and pathetically too early".

Back in the days I was a tuning freak. HKS is one of my favourites tuning brands, now I'm more into race cars so "HKS racer" sounded good.

The Super Aguri avatar come from F1 Championship Edition, that was the team I used the first season, intense racing, placing on the podium was a challange. Super Aguri was one of the funniest F1 teams ever.

I am Noob. Alpha Noob and Omega Noob. First Noob and Last Noob. Beginning of the Noob and Ending of the Noob.

The Quintessential Noob.

Noob of Noobs. Noob King. God of Noobs. The Noob. Noob.

OK, before we start it isn't about the movie Turbo

So because of my over sized legs from the knees down, I am NOT a good sprinter, but I am a lot better in running over long distances, a bit like the story of the tortoise and the hare, and my friend gives banter like you wouldn't believe, so he came up with turbo snail because apparently a snail couldn't even be fast with a turbo (just imagine a turbo instead of a shell!) so I was given the name turbo snail!

OK, before we start it isn't about the movie Turbo

So because of my over sized legs from the knees down, I am NOT a good sprinter, but I am a lot better in running over long distances, a bit like the story of the tortoise and the hare, and my friend gives banter like you wouldn't believe, so he came up with turbo snail because apparently a snail couldn't even be fast with a turbo (just imagine a turbo instead of a shell!) so I was given the name turbo snail!

"JMoney" is my IRL nickname; the first letter of my first name is a "J" and my last name is associated with money.

"689" comes from a long-pass football play, the 689 Hook. I like the number because is says the same thing if it is upside-down, and "689" is usually part of all of my usernames.

Firstly, just 6 years ago.

A kid with a keyboard, with not much approach on making an account on where he goes.

And before that, my nickname was Darksyd. No relevance to the epic gaming failure that is DSP, but as a reference to Darkseid of DC Comics.

Then, I thought.. wasn't having xtremly kool letterz a bit cheesy and overused? Yep. And I thought.. I was just some dude online, typing on his keyboard and try, in futility, to make a name for himself.

Which I took the mantle of SomeDude, but like on the Jordan fest of April 1st, I wasn't alone.

It didn't take long to solve this, as Keith David came to me. I played the first Saints' Row at a friend's place. The boss kept calling me Playa. At first a little distracting, but being a video game playa, it was perfect.

Soo.. SomeDudePlaya? Sounds off. A little move there and.. SPD is born. That game is also where I got character for a gangster in my head. So far, I haven't seen another SomePlayaDude in wherever I go.

And last thing: Sonny Meng comes from splitting the word Some in half, and putting a Mandarin origin on it. While not my real name, feel free to call me Sonny anyways.

I chose this name because, I live 2 kilometres away from where I work, and double clicking is the fastest way to open programs, especially browsers. I think it's a cool twist on that onomatopoeic 'click-click'.

my username is just my initials and my PSN name is in honor of my grandfather i use his nickname

Wish I could change my username because it's from the period when I discovered American cars and thought they're the greatest things on earth, Mustangs being on top of it so now I'm stuck with it. Second part is half of my name.

I guess I would get premo if I really wanted a name change, but I think I've refound my reason for my name.

It was supposed to be legacysMACHINE... As my real life nickname is robot, and I get referred to a lot as Rinzler (TRON: legacy)

So (TRON)legacysMACHINE(robot).

Why those names in real life?

Robot: because I speak monotonous 99% of the time and have my face in one mode- blank.
Rinzler: because I like TRON... And he was just badass. Shame he never got more of a story, but that's just the thing Legacy needed... Story. Anyway

Álvaro Francisco.

If had to change my username was going to be either Mantidae (I'm obssessed with mantis stuff) or Daemoniorum. I like latin and that's the origin of my nativ language.

Name of a song, and at the time (years agon now) I really thought it fit.

Before my premo runs out I might have it changed to SHOTGUN CHUCK, since I may eventually try to consolidate all my internet activities under that name anyway. I picked that one up durng my brony-trolling days back in mid-'11 and then realized I actually really liked it as a username.

Back