What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 6,249 comments
I had pre ordered Balders Gate 3 when it was first offered for sale to support Larian making the game as I was a big fan of BG1 and BG2 from years ago.

Between life and other reasons as I usually wait a while before I play a new release to let them fix all the quirks and bugs along with getting any gameplay and balance issues sorted out through updates before I do my initial playthrough.

Well finally just getting going, did my character creation as a Evocation Wizard based on a Githyanki race build as the attributes of the race add armor and weapons proficiencies to the wizard build.

Been a long time since I played a game such as this but as an older gamer I enjoy the ability to go at a slower pace and really spend time exploring the world and even planning out the turn based combat.
I am in no hurry to finish the game and expect I will do a number of different playthroughs with different character builds and party composition.
This sounds familiar. I've had the game since launch, 500+ hours in and I still haven't got anywhere near an ending. Keep restarting and trying new classes, new races, good and evil, new romances. Console mods now available are not helping the situation. It is really turning into a forever game, I just don't play anything else anymore.

I’m continuing my 128bit tour with the PS2 now, going through old racing games mainly. I’ve really enjoyed going back through the Evolution Studios WRC titles, for my money WRC 2: Extreme through WRC Evolved are still maybe the second best WRC games you can play today, behind obviously DR2.0 and EA WRC. But behind those two, I think I’d take these over pretty much anything else. The stages are long, narrow and convincing. Rallies are 8-9 stages long and feel a bit of a marathon. The handling is good and the physics are fun. The car list is limited to the cars from that year, but that means stuff like the Octavia, Hyundai Accent, Peugeot 307, cars that aren’t really in other games even now. The AI levels are consistent and well tuned to the player. And visually, again, in 2024 the games still look absolutely fine. Detailed scenery, good frame rates, good solid car models. All you need for immersion. The jump in visuals between PS1 and PS2 is amazing, night and day. I doubt we’ll ever see a leap like that again.

Last edited:
I'm playing throne and liberty like crazy right now

1729156897052.png

Okay guys, since I finished FO4, I couldn't decide what to play. Gonna need a suggestion, what game should I play next from my backlog ? I'm out of ideas tbh :lol:

1. Finish Armored Core 6
2. Continue Days Gone
3. Monster Hunter World
4. Driveclub (started gaming again 2022 so never played this despite already buying it)
5. Ghost Recon Wildlands

Playing it takes two for the third time with my daughter right now.
Tried to get into Metaphor, but that didn't work out.
Really looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.2 and Flight Sim next month.

Okay guys, since I finished FO4, I couldn't decide what to play. Gonna need a suggestion, what game should I play next from my backlog ? I'm out of ideas tbh :lol:

1. Finish Armored Core 6
2. Continue Days Gone
3. Monster Hunter World
4. Driveclub (started gaming again 2022 so never played this despite already buying it)
5. Ghost Recon Wildlands
1 or 2. Don't start anything new or your backlog will grow to the size of Everest. I speak from experience, have now banned myself from buying anything for at least 6 months.

Right now I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 3, and then I'm going to bed. I'm tired. I love all the Disney stories in this series. Sora is a pretty cool character.

Back