What have you done to your car today?

Old shocks out.

img0370wh.jpg

i got mine back from the shop today. the Corrado now as new rear break pads and a new caliper on the rear driver's side... now all i have to do is take care the battery that's been acting up lately.

I bought an amp to try and make my speakers have a bit of grunt behind them - when I bought the speakers the reviews said they were good speakers but are quite power hungry to sound any good.

When I had them hooked up to my head unit they aren't that loud and don't produce much bass, hopefully 60W RMS will sort them out. I ran the cables yesterday, what a pain that was.

Washed it yesterday, the first time in about a year! I took it out for a drive only to run into a wet road for the latter half of my route :ouch:. Had a bit of fun with a bike that caught up until that point. Finally got some up-to-date shots before the drive though. 4x4 status will be cured next month, I promise! I'm in Minneapolis for a few days and am hitching a ride in my parents' Trailblazer, so no spending money on gas. That lack of spending, plus major overtime at work, equals an order of Koni STR.Ts and Tein S.Techs when I get back! Green springs over orange shocks is going to be pretty wierd, but they've got the right combination of function I'm looking for.

CB7Aug302.jpg

CB7Aug303.jpg

CB7Aug304.jpg

Recently I had a custom cat-back exhaust welded from some stainless pipe and a Spoon-style muffler, mated to my Racing Beat downpipe and presilencer. I repaired a nagging brake fluid leak and rebled the whole system. I also washed my wheels because one of them had brake fluid streaks all over it. Luckily it didn't take the paint off!

It sounds good, but it's way quieter than I'm used to :lol:

Still shoots flames. Long, skinny ones. About 3 feet long.

Keef
Still shoots flames. Long, skinny ones. About 3 feet long.

Well that's the main thing 👍

Edit: Amp wired, gains set, the speakers have come alive with this thing! Way better, I can actually give it some and it doesn't go into a flurry of distortion. Wouldn't mind a sub but I'm not willing to sacrifice boot space. Could put a 10" under each seat but it's not high on the priority list.

Last edited:
Been working on our 67 Fastback Mustang. As some might know I am swapping in a V8 in place of where the I6 was. Last night I bolted on the carburetor, removed the old steering wheel, painted the positive battery cable red, painted the negative battery cable black. For some stupid reason the old ford cables are colored backwards which can be really confusing at times. Also hooked up a couple fuel lines and I think its getting fairly close to being able to start. Still some confusion with the wiring but hopefully I will figure that out.

I also ordered new motor mounts, a chrome oil pan, chrome bolts for oil pan, chrome dip stick tube, and an oil pickup for the new oil pan. The 67 pan has the oil pickup in the front of the engine instead of the rear on the 74 engine. So thats going to be an interresting swap. Sorry no pics but I should be able to provide pics of all the goodies tomorrow since they are supposed to all be in today. :)

My plan is to start the car over the weekend to make sure the engine runs. Then pull the engine and swap the oil pan along with all the other goodies and then put the engine back in. Thats the plan.....hopefully it goes well. I will provide pics of the new goodies tomorrow if they all arrive today.

Be sad over it...

Today I had my first incident in traffic. I was stopped, waiting to do a u-turn. A girl (my age, about 19) in a Cherokee lets her oversized slab of SUV roll into my precious cars' bumper.

Never before had another car come in contact with mine. I've been driving for 3 years. I'm sadder and feeling so guilty. This would not have happened if I didn't take out the car just now, and wasn't there at precisely that time. I'm... sad... and feeling guilty for my car... I love it ):

Mate don't feel sad or guilty, **** happens, in this instance it wasn't your fault. That's what insurance is for, as long as everyone is ok then everything else is fixable

it's that girl's fault. It's always a girl's fault.

Today I'm:

draining coolant
replacing thermostat
replacing valve cover and gasket
replacing CAS O-ring
replacing heater hoses (or looping them, depends if I'm putting my heater back in or getting another car)
refilling coolant

Last edited:
I smoked my headlights and tinted my fog lights yellow, it turned out pretty good and the car look awesome. I'll get some pictures tomorrow. And if anyone ever plans on using Lamin-X tint just be aware it takes much longer then 3 minutes to put it on. Between my best friend and myself it took us all afternoon.

It wasn't today, but I had some old gas still standing around, and decided that I might as well fill up my Golf's gastank...

Bad idea. :lol:

It smells like petroleum, and my car takes 10 minutes to start, starting as a 1 cilinder, then 2, then 3, and then finally all 4 fire up. But for some strange reason, when the engine is warmed up, it runs as smooth as never before, when idling, you can almost place a coin on the engine, so smooth...

I put more stop leak junk in my a/c system but I seriously think I should just rip it out when I do an emissions strip. But I did snap a pic of how much clearance I have.
IMAG1228.jpg

Looking good CB69, done a lot of work to the Mustang and it's coming together nicely.

Looking good CB69, done a lot of work to the Mustang and it's coming together nicely.
Thanks a lot Joey. It was unbelievable how much we got done this weekend. I posted the details in her Mustang thread. Just trying to get as much done on the car as we can before winter hits. Which isnt that much longer. :nervous:

Throttle cable spontaneously combusted right at the firewall.

Well, it was more my own stupidity than spontaneity... I gotta detail my interior again now.

Just purchased these last night for the 67 Fastback Mustang. The Momo Trek Alcantara wheel is usually $250.00 and we got it off Craigslist brand new for only $125.00. Had to drive for an hour to get it but well worth the drive. Really starting to love Craigslist. And our chrome shock tower brackets came in last night too. Our new chrome monte carlo bar and Momo steering wheel adapter brackets should hopefully be coming within the next few days. :)

1_1315570733_439739.jpg

2_1315570748_194363.jpg

Sweet wheel.

Yeah, caught fire. I'd rather not go into it. Stupid mistake, I was being rushed and not paying attention to what I was doing. Still trying to get a replacement cable, I'll find out tomorrow if anything else was damaged.

But I finally got my new tranny. Just payed off a student loan, springs will be ordered Thursday... all's gravy.

rear.jpg

That is how the car is sitting at the moment. Just need to remove the knuckles and take them and the rods down to the workshop to get the old bushes pressed out and the new ones pressed in.

side.jpg

I am also going to be replacing the brake lines with braided lines before it all goes back togther, as the old ones are a bit stretched where I have had to make those longer brackets that come off the bottom of the struts to allow for the adjustable sway bar. I also noticed a small cut in one of the lines so best not leave that!

bracket-1.jpg

While I was taking photos I thought I'd show you one from under the car, showing the exhaust system off.

zorst.jpg

Still waiting on the bush for the steering rack mount... cross your fingers it gets here soon! Bathurst trip is only about 3 weeks away!

Discovered the fuel sending unit in the Accord is buggered. Popular item to fail on this generation Accord though so I'm not really fazed about it.

Made a lot of progress Sunday. Found out MOMO does not make direct bolt in adapters for a 67 Mustang so I will have to make my own.

1. Motor mount brackets are bolted up to engine and frame
2. Chrome monte carlo bar installed with stainless steel bolts
3. Carburetor installed
4. Radiator installed
5. Cross member is all bolted up
6. Chrome strut tower brackets installed with stainless steel bolts
7. Strut tower support brace bolts replaced with stainless steel bolts
8. Distributor cap and rotor installed. Will replace with new cap and rotor soon.
9. Fan and pulleys installed
10. Starter wire bolted up
11. Cut brackets for momo wheel to steering column.

Pics and more detailed information here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218153

13_1315832992_432893.jpg

14_1315833006_426486.jpg

Last edited:
put a spare tire on after blowing the right rear tire at... I think 50... mph, that is... effing trailers carrying wood... derpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderp.

Checked Sparco and all the other brands? Most of them are the same bolt pattern.
They only have adapters to fit their steering wheels. And momo does not make an adapter to fit a 67 Mustang.

Since I already had the MOMO steering wheel, I wanted it to work on the car.....so I only spent an hour last night making the adapter bracket that goes from the MOMO wheel to the Grant 67 Mustang hub. Now the MOMO wheel is bolted to her car. :sly: 👍

More good news. I will be bringing the car to my friends shop this weekend and we will be running the Saleen S281 exhaust!! :bigsmile:

1_1315926449_888576.jpg

2_1315926464_541690.jpg

4_1315926501_449868.jpg

5_1315926512_246468.jpg

5_1315926561_506931.jpg

Latest Posts

Back