What have you done to your car today?

Nice sunny day so I took some snaps. Its not that clean so don't look too closely..

profile1.jpg

profile2.jpg

profile3.jpg

profile4.jpg

profile5.jpg

profile6.jpg

Not strictly what I've done to my car, but I got a new data acquisition system for my kart and you guys like install pics so here they are.

All the bits and pieces for my new Mychron 4 + GPS module.
img0619x.jpg

First job was to strip the kart and remove my old data aquisition system.
img0623j.jpg

Then I installed my new Mychron 4 on the steering wheel.
img0625f.jpg

img0626ix.jpg

Once that was done I had to drill a hole in my floor panel to mount the magnetic lap timer.
img0629bh.jpg

And then I got even more drill happy mounting the GPS receiver.
img0631vb.jpg

And once more with the drill to mount the data hub.
img0633yc.jpg

Then I needed to put my engine back on...
img0636ap.jpg

...so I could fit the new temp sensor and rev counter.
img0640zq.jpg

And here it is all plugged in. Shiny.
img0637t.jpg

That's all I got done today but during the week I need to put all my fuel lines back on, do some service work, put my seat back in and then put the bodywork back on. Then next week I can test that it all works. :D

Really liking them wheels Punknoodle, they the ones I Photo shopped for you a little while ago?

celicassrsp1.jpg

Very nice kart Blake!

Could the GPS not be mounted behind the front cowling?

Yea they are, back when I was considering the different colours available. How's the Audi going with it's new exhaust? You haven't posted a drive by vid of it yet... Best get on to that ;)

Hah, yea, it's not going too bad although I think their may be a bit of a leak somewhere as when you get on boost it sounds like an emergency siren, it wouldn't surprise me if people started getting out my way :lol:

Once thats sorted I will try and attempt a driveby :D

Got a ball joint and some Energy polyurethane end link bushings for the front sway bar I'll be putting on later today, once it cools down outside.

There's not a single E Stock Miata in a group that big? Wow.

Yeah, there is usually one lady that runs a Miata in ES. One.

I took the Miata to MSR Houston today for their Red Meat & Race Fuel thing they put on. It's untimed, but $75 to get out onto the road course for a couple hours is a screamin deal! I did around 20-25 laps, first time ever on a track. I'm addicted, good thing they have it twice a month. The Miata was a champ, didn't really get any brake fade, Star Specs did well, I've never felt tires that hot! May have some video. Anyways, AWESOME!!!

Replaced my upper engine mount with the IPD polyurethane mounts. Car feels amazing. One of the biggest complaints I've always had was lack of steering feel. Now, a $26 piece of polyurethane hasn't magically transformed the R into a sports car, but there is certainly more feedback, and better response, both steering and throttle.

My spark plug cover had some nice chips in it, so I'm in the process of repainting it. Was silver, will be dark blue to match the intake and car body... :P

Just got inside from taking out the distributer in the 4. I'm getting the internal seal on it redone, it's leaking oil. And leaving a puddle. It's annoying!

The next thing I must do on it is all the rear bushes (the last kit is due to arrive this week), take off the front cross member and undo the rack mounts and investigate a rubber creaking noise that appears when the car is warm in the steering. Hopefully sort that, and finally take it in to get the windscreen resealed to stop a REALLY annoying creaking noise it has and I'd go crazy going all the way to Bathurst like that.

One more thing, while it was running the other day after I'd just started it, I noticed a rough noise coming from the alternator, or water pump, that area anyway, and once it warmed up it went away. I'm thinking a bearing, so I have a car stethoscope to put on it to try and find it so I can sort it. The list is growing, and I have a car show to take it to next month...

I came out of Walmart and the Street View car was parked next to me. Cool.

Should have used your finger to draw a penis on the lens :sly:

In other news.

New parts are here!

Springs
img7578j.jpg

Lower Arms
img7576q.jpg

Upper Arms
img7577r.jpg

Can't wait to start working.

Anyone got any ideas for a good color to paint the shocks? I'm thinking silver.

img7579f.jpg

Last edited:
Well.. Not today but last week.. Fitted Powerflex front ARB (sway bar) bushes.

That tightened up the front end a bit.. Will do the front wishbones next and then the rears and rear ARB bushes also. Gave her a quick bath yesterday too. :)

I took the Miata to MSR Houston today for their Red Meat & Race Fuel thing they put on. It's untimed, but $75 to get out onto the road course for a couple hours is a screamin deal! I did around 20-25 laps, first time ever on a track. I'm addicted, good thing they have it twice a month. The Miata was a champ, didn't really get any brake fade, Star Specs did well, I've never felt tires that hot! May have some video. Anyways, AWESOME!!!

Didn't get much time in before the camera died, gotta love that paint job! :)

Anyone got any ideas for a good color to paint the shocks? I'm thinking silver.

img7579f.jpg
Silver would be nice, but don't muss the Koni sticker. And make them face backwards, or whatever other direction allows people to see the Koni label easier.

Eric.
Do you have any dust covers for the shocks?

Apparently they're not needed on these shocks. I still don't understand why, but nearly every Mustang with Koni's run without dust covers.

Removed the power steering rack mounts today to insect the noise, I see the problem, the rubbers are completely stuffed, the one that was making the noise was hard, the other one was perishing! Hopefully Toyota have them in stock or can get them fairly quickly. I'm pleased I found the problem though.

I know what you mean, they make a big difference to the way it feels to change gear, couldn't imagine going back to a standard shifter in my car.

Back