What have you done to your car today?

Prounounced the motor dead, shed a tear :'(

That is the worst...

Worked on another rear end and had to pretty much destroy a rear axle seal to get it out. It had rusted on so much in the casing that a seal puller was puncturing holes in it...Buddy held it for me so I could take a photo XD

3436_478211032232375_19995545_n.jpg

530527_478198958900249_145951436_n.jpg

You can see the damage that had to be done trying to pry it out with a hammer and screw driver. One of the axles is in the background XD

Took a front piece of plastic crap off of the family van (2006 Chrysler T&C.)
032013135300.jpg

This was part of the air system (apparently) and was used to keep air and dirt away from the engine and the goodies underneath the van. About a month ago, my mom dropped a wheel off while turning into the lane heading to our house - the shoulder's gone, and because there's only very little residential traffic, it's not an issue usually - and the thing broke - we never noticed it until now.

I had to break each and every single little plastic screw-thing holding it onto the front bumper.
032013135301.jpg

(Annoying, when all you have is a thin piece of metal to wedge under and then a pair of small Vise-Grips to bend it to snap. The one in the pic is the one that fell off when I pulled on it.)

Run the Vette O2 sensors, much easier IMO

We'll see how bad it is, hopefully just a rod and rod bearing....

I'm assuming it totally seized up then. Did it knock before it died or did it just go out unexpectedly?

Started knocking, not seized, starts, runs, idles, revs, knocks like hell tho!

Yeah then I'd say it's saveable. Some seized motors you can save but it's tough. You got lucky it hasn't gone out completley yet.

I have this idea to turn my car into a track day car in the near future.

Although my car has a brand new engine and clutch installed, it's getting old. In august it's going to be 11 year old.

The yearly road tax is going to be reformed in, well the politicians don't even know it, I think 2014 or 2016. Older cars with big engines are going to be even more expensive and probably too expensive.

If the yearly road tax is going to be too high I'll be needing another car. I have no clue what my car will be worth on the second hand market but if it is less than €4000, I think I'm going to keep it and turn it into a track day car and have some fun with it.

Is their a better way to spend my time than behind a pc playing sims? :D

• Put some new floor mats in.

• Topped up the anti-freeze.

• Added a 'new car smell'* air-freshener. :sly::lol:

(*seriously)

Last edited:
Washed my car thoroughly after a 5 months of winter dirt and grime build up. Actually, I'm not sure I've ever seen my car this clean before.

Washed my car thoroughly after a 5 months of winter dirt and grime build up. Actually, I'm not sure I've ever seen my car this clean before.

Wheels and engine bay too? :)

You inspired me, sorta. Decided to do some cleaning on the engine in the silver Miata. The front of the engine is a bit leaky and it's never been addressed.

Here it is now, after removing some parts to get better access. totally unacceptable!

bXSM9dr.jpg

And here's kinda how I'm hoping it will turn out. This is the red one, was nearly as bad as above.

mmjqsKW.jpg

Last edited:
Wheels and engine bay too? :)

Wheels, yes. Engine bay, no. I don't want to even think about cleaning the engine bay. That's probably many many years of dirt there...

The wheels look really really nice on the car after it's been properly washed, but they have a lot of cross spokes, and it was such a pain to wash.

I took a couple of pictures today, though none from the side, I'll err get some side shots and post the pictures.

Got some steel wheels for the 5-lug conversion that's accompanying my engine build. I'm still saving up for Regamaster Evos for the RSX that will also fit the Accord, but I want to go sleeper for the first little while on the project car. These will get some dedicated sport summer tires, but that will have to wait so they don't sit around and rot. 16x6.5 +42.

5Lug-2013325-Steelies.png

Washed it. Changed the oil. New wiper blades; trying out Rain-X Latitudes in front, standard "Weatherbeater" for the hatch.

Last edited:
Oil change, underguards on, pushed out of the garage for the first time in 6 months, washed, pushed back into the garage, waxed, tire shined, covered with sheets. Ready to get sent off to Mercury Motorsport for its initial tune on Thursday :D

Front2_zps2d01b09a.jpg

Changed the timing belt, just hit 200,000km and doubled the value of the car buy packing it up ready for a ski trip!

883252_10151499115088119_1983824984_o.jpg

Polished my wheels (or is it rims), yesterday evening and I'm going to replace my standard wheels (winter tires) with my polished wheels and summer tires.
If it's possible, hopefully today.

EDIT

Before

DSCN3265_zpsea216af7.jpg

After

DSCN3298_zps79feecce.jpg

Last edited:
^ Nice! The first spring cleaning is a fantastic feeling. BTW, what's that green stuff on the ground??? I once heard about it but it's a long time since it disappeared from our land...

Attained a friendly blink from a speed camera, 40km/h over. Though it wasn't me driving. :ouch:

First thing I did after work was go and wash a month's worth of winter grime off the car, then I put the summer wheels and tires on. I just hope we don't get a freak snow storm next week, and with this being Michigan it wouldn't surprise me.

Back