What have you done to your car today?

Needs.... hmmm.... moooooaar. Yes, that should do it.

I just washed & vacuumed my car today, like I do every Thursday. Unless it rains, I never let it get dirty.

Is this better? :)

IMG_20130403_155332_zps50fe9b34.jpg

Havent actually done the work yet, but ordered Pacesetter long tube headers for the truck, Flowtech universal X-pipe system and Flowtech Warlocks. Should be here mid next week and I'll install it next weekend. Can't wait to hear the motor thru 3" true duals, should be amazing!

1stlsx
Havent actually done the work yet, but ordered Pacesetter long tube headers for the truck, Flowtech universal X-pipe system and Flowtech Warlocks. Should be here mid next week and I'll install it next weekend. Can't wait to hear the motor thru 3" true duals, should be amazing!

That reminds me that my dad just picked up some old glass pack mufflers for our 69 cutlass. They aren't cherry bombs, but something similar and a lot older. I can't freaking wait to hear the car with those on them!

That reminds me that my dad just picked up some old glass pack mufflers for our 69 cutlass. They aren't cherry bombs, but something similar and a lot older. I can't freaking wait to hear the car with those on them!

I had DynoMax Bullets on my race car before I switched to the Warlocks, IMHO the besting sounding glasspacks on the planet!

I had DynoMax Bullets on my race car before I switched to the Warlocks, IMHO the besting sounding glasspacks on the planet!

I'm rocking pacesetter longtubes and no cats with a powerstick glasspack on the Z28 and I think it sounds pretty epic haha. Glasspacks can be pulled off I suppose.

I'm rocking pacesetter longtubes and no cats with a powerstick glasspack on the Z28 and I think it sounds pretty epic haha. Glasspacks can be pulled off I suppose.

My car sounded insane with the bullets. One of my favorite moments at the track was in 2010 we raced my car at the NHRA National Time Trials in Phoenix at our home track of Firebird. Rolled in with the car on a trailer, no other "Sportsman" class cars in the pits, Fired the car to pull it off the trailer and guys from the Top Fuel teams that were pitted near by came over to see what was done to MY car that it sounded so insane 👍

They always seem to whistle at startup with pipes over 2 3/4", never liked that. Nice system though.

How does the IFS hold up on your truck? I've done a lot of work on that specific model and I've seen that the tie rods like to break under any kind of real stress. Converting to a solid front axle is a huge pain in the ass as well. The 10 and 14 bolt rears like to blow out rather easily too, especially on Suburban models.

Last edited:
They always seem to whistle at startup with pipes over 2 3/4", never liked that. Nice system though.

How does the IFS hold up on your truck? I've done a lot of work on that specific model and I've seen that the tie rods like to break under any kind of real stress. Converting to a solid front axle is a huge pain in the ass as well. The 10 and 14 bolt rears like to blow out rather easily too, especially on Suburban models.

I was out messing aroudn in the truck and went off a bank soild 3+ foot drop and it stuffed the passenger front tire all the way back in the wheel well and actually bent part of the lift kit, no damage at all tho the tie rod. Had to fab a new Piece for the kit outta heavier steel, but other than that no issues up front.

The rear end has been rebuild with new gears and a locker by the previous owner, no issues so far there either.

I abuse hte **** outta the truck. I'm running a ton of line pressure in the trans and very quick shift times. I slide the track and do donuts, launch it hard from a stop and generally just do stuff to it I shoudlnt and it just asks for more....

Guess you got lucky. From what I've seen they weren't the most durable models from Chevy. I much prefer '70s and '80s models of any truck though. The truck we got was very abused over the years. It's rusty as hell from sitting now (no driving it at 3-6mpg) though.

Guess you got lucky. From what I've seen they weren't the most durable models from Chevy. I much prefer '70s and '80s models of any truck though. The truck we got was very abused over the years. It's rusty as hell from sitting now (no driving it at 3-6mpg) though.

Yea mileage is not its strong suit. I was getting 11-12 MPG before the exhaust pipe broke, now Im getting about 9MPG. Once I get the new exhaust on it and my HPTuners back Im gonna change the tune to a little more conservative on the downshifting, and a little more agressive on converter lockup, and more agressive on DFCO to try to get that back to the 13-14 range, maybe even 15 lol.

Contrast that with this blast thorugh the Canyon in our 7 series....

20120903_043839_zps6da194c0.jpg

Yes basically 19.5 MPG averaging 90+MPH through the canyon by the lakes in AZ. Pretty FN amazing in my opinion....

Last edited:
Yeah turning 33's with a C6 transmission and 3.73 gears with a built motor in my truck gets crappy gas mileage. I figured it would be up around 12, that's where it's supposed to be, easpecially seeing the motor only has 50k on it (needs rebuild anyway). Ah well.

You get my PM?

Well I found out a mouse chewed through one of my power steering hoses. Went to move the pickup and it had no power sterering....which was odd because there was no leaks on the ground and it was just moved a few months ago....fillled her back up and worked fine. Got a video of it moving, and opening the power steering you could hear it sloshing around. Really loud.

Well I found out a mouse chewed through one of my power steering hoses. Went to move the pickup and it had no power sterering....which was odd because there was no leaks on the ground and it was just moved a few months ago....fillled her back up and worked fine. Got a video of it moving, and opening the power steering you could hear it sloshing around. Really loud.

BTW Slash, I did get ur PM, just been so busy with work and home havent responded yet

Did some fine tuning on the sound system

IMG_20130408_115929_zps46b879c4.jpg

IMG_20130408_115958_zps601e6f8d.jpg

IMG_20130408_120018_zps6a22bba2.jpg

I know you cant capture a sub on video very good, but it hits real nice for a "100 watt" RMS amp

Took my valve cover off again last night, cleaned it up, cleaned up the head, cleaned the gaskets. Bought new sealant, tonight or tomorrow night I will reinstall it. That small leak will be a thing of the past

I got my family's 69 cutlass out, swapped some decent tires on, adjusted the carb, and burned some rubber in the coolest freaking car ever made! I grew up knowing it was cool, but today the four barrel opened for the first time :drool: it went from oh that sounds nice to IT'S ALIVE!!! THE DEMON HAS AWAKENED AND HAS COME TO DEVOUR THE CIVIC AND ITS BRETHREN! ALL SHALL FEAR THE 445 AS IT (literally in my case) BREATHS FIRE UPON THEM!!!

I grew up with that car sitting in the yard thinking it was the most badass car ever made by the human race. Now it's turned out to be everything I've ever dreamed and then some. It's like meeting your childhood superhero and them making you their sidekick.

Now I gotta tear in my eye. I love how much I love cars. Some people just don't understand, and I feel sorry for them :)

Oh and apparently I looked like this D: when my dad said "yeah it's got 375 horsepower"

Nothing :grumpy:

Tried to tighten the stabilising rod mount because the 'bishi failed the MOT because of that(...and because of the lack of extinguisher, triangle and first aid kit...). Didn't have enough leverage and WD40 to move that bolt. I gave up and went to GTP.

Didn't do anything to my truck yesterday, but did help get the fuel rail off my buddy's sr20 swapped 240sx, got the injectors out, then put the new ones in. And we figured up the length for all the steel braided hoses in the bay as well!

Not my car, but I'm adjusting the clutch on my bike and it's making me feel like an idiot. I can't get it to grab close to the bar without having HUGE play in it while it's out. The book says it should only have a dimes width of play in it, but with that adjustment it grabs way out at the end. Close enough to the end that it might be slipping. I don't feel any slippage but it's both worrying and puzzling me.

Anyone have experience with this problem?

Headers came in today! :D

Easy horsepower =P

Gotta love it. I actually read up that stock manifolds actually produce more torque between 2000 and 3000 rpm than headers do. Larger diameter tubes just move the peak output up in the RPMs. I like it as low as possible.

Not my car, but I'm adjusting the clutch on my bike and it's making me feel like an idiot. I can't get it to grab close to the bar without having HUGE play in it while it's out. The book says it should only have a dimes width of play in it, but with that adjustment it grabs way out at the end. Close enough to the end that it might be slipping. I don't feel any slippage but it's both worrying and puzzling me.

Anyone have experience with this problem?

How old is the clutch? It sounds like it needs to be replaced.

Back