What have you done to your car today?

xXKingJoshXx
That's good, right?

:lol:

Yeah I had to cut a hole and stop with my feet like the Flintstones before :lol: ,but seriously the brake pedal feels alot better it used to when pressed it doesn't stop it sort of keeps on being pressed more and more as long as I'm braking ,thankfuly that's gone.Also the e-brake now feels heavier so overall the car ffeels alot better.

Painted the wheels. The stock black was chipping of bad, so I stripped them down and repainted them. It took awhile to get the paint to lay right as I'm not a good painter but I think they came out alright. I'm worried the black might not match up with the black on the car after the paint cures, but we'll see.

Not today, but Saturday I washed the Lincoln. Naturally, it rained the next day. At least it got washed, though. It was the first time in about 1.5 years. I also bought a diagnostic scanner thing that reads engine codes because the check engine light was coming on.

Drove it. :lol:

:dunce:

Not care related, but I've been busy remodeling the first floor of our house before our baby comes next week. Redid the bathroom first, new vanity, tile backsplash, tile floors, still havent done the base boards tho.

Redid the kitchen, new sink and facet, new tile floors, all new appliances and I'm half way done with refinishing the cabinets. Installed Laminate wood floors in the living area.

Updated my GT5 cockpit to a 42" tv from the 32" that was on it.

Oh and last night I replaced the starter on my truck, so I did do some work on something other than my house in the last 3 weeks :) Alternator on the BMW crapped out so thats the next project for Friday!

That would be a good idea for a thread in The Rumble Strip. What have you done to your home today?

xXKingJoshXx
That would be a good idea for a thread in The Rumble Strip. What have you done to your home today?

I'm remodeling a house right now. I REALLY wish I had taken some before pics. This place was a freaking time capsule from the 70s!

Woooo!!

I finally, finally figured out my problem! (I think!)

After all this time of scratching my head wondering why my car was running poorly at low RPM, I think I figured it out. Since I have recently converted the car to a carb, I was convinced (as was half of the Rx-7club) that my problem was fuel related. I went through the carb with a fine tooth comb, cleaned and rebuilt everything, relentlessly tried different idle jets, fuel pressure settings and I could not get the progression circuit nor idle to work properly. It was idling like a bridgeport and stumbling like hell at low RPM.

On a hunch, I switched all of the ignition leads from trailing to leading (rotary specific ignition terms) and put in the leanest idle jets I had at my disposal, and low and behold, she runs pretty well! My theory is that the ignition leads are old and not transferring enough energy to the plugs, so the 'normal' air fuel ratio for my engine specs was far too rich for the weak spark. When I leaned it out, the spark was strong enough and the car runs decently at low RPM now. The transition stage is a little rough because the jet is not really well suited for my engine, but I have ordered some 10mm magnecor ignition leads so hopeful that will restore my ignition power, and allow me to run a fatter idle/progression mixture.

She's throwing some pretty wonderful fireballs. I hope to get some videos of this soon.

3Ka3I63Fa5N95K35H3d4d871d8e20ecf81c28_zps83879d4d.jpg

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 with a few mods :)

Sorry didn't want to jinx it til the deal was sealed!

Nice! 👍 I don't know much about Mazdas, but it looks nice.

And sorry if I sound like I'm asking a lot of questions, but what mods were done to it?

Lowered with a cat less down pipe and 2.5" straight pipe. I think that is all. Haven't looked it over since its coming from another state

Plans are an upgraded cam drive fuel pump, FMIC, COBB AP, and E85, hoping for 300-320 whp on stock turbo

Last edited:
Today I finished up wiring in a Bluetooth module.. I can now make voice activated calls from the head unit :D

8732451066_a6d16fe63c_b.jpg

Yesterday I had the centre resonator removed and wow the sound is addictive.. It now pops and bangs on the over run :D

Nice!! It does sound good too!

I'm trying to polish old oxidized aluminum on my wheels, but I just cannot break through the oxidation and it's driving me nuts. The aluminum is machined-grooved so I can't just go at it with sand paper or emery compound, and I've tried numerous rubbing and buffing compunds and chemicals with a 40,000 rpm Dremel tool and they just won't polish out. :mad::mad::mad:

Picked up some "new wheels"

Not sure if they are going to stay white yet its growing on me!

A blue and red stripe and they will scream 80's nissan :D

919097_10151569740233119_1091998848_o.jpg

920298_10151569740268119_1108018571_o.jpg

Changed the rear brake pads the other day. Just plain ol' Duralasts. I was going to upgrade everything in a couple months, but the rears just hit the squealer tabs and I am not driving around in a car that makes bad noises :grumpy:

MOT this morning.. Then washed with Megs gold class, Clayed with dodo clay/lube and polished with Meguiar's ultimate polish.. Paint looks and feels amazing now :D

8750943104_9268d7d496_b.jpg

yesterday actually but still ...

jumpstarted the car , thats pretty much it ...

cleaned out my truck ( semi , lorry or whatever you call it ) , fitted my 27mc CB wich stock only has a transmitting 4 watts so i put a 35 watt amplifier in it :)
Darkend the side windows , with only 5% light going trough ... kinda looks good , sadly not the best job i have ever done tho ...
Maybe i'll give it a wash today as well ...

Passed my driving test on Friday. :D :D

Just spent most of this morning trying to get the masking tape marks off the paint from where I had my L plates stuck. It just doesn't seem to want to come off

Went for my first solo drive yesterday aswell, its really weird not having another person in the car, I love the freedom though. :mischievous:

Passed my driving test on Friday. :D :D

Just spent most of this morning trying to get the masking tape marks off the paint from where I had my L plates stuck. It just doesn't seem to want to come off

Went for my first solo drive yesterday aswell, its really weird not having another person in the car, I love the freedom though. :mischievous:

I still have the marks on my car from the L-plates, and that's 9-10 months on. :(

I also felt weird the first few times going driving on my own, but soon it'll feel weird when there is someone else in the car. :lol:

:D

I have had that too, when I still had my Golf! I got in my car, and noticed something moving in the corner of my eye. It was an empty Coke bottle floating on the water.

Ugh. I have so many phone pictures on my laptop that I can't find it.

Last edited:
Back